“Great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Habitat Residence

Save Saved
You added Habitat Residence to your Saves list
Habitat Residence
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1700 SW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33129 (Formerly Habitat Miami)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Enjoy 10% OFF!
Ranked #4 of 35 Specialty lodging in Miami
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you have a chance to travel in Miami, wouldn't miss this hotel. I am satisfied in all new room with my friends. Sleeping as peaceful ,Facilities as home,Living as silk, and thanks to counter staff help me any I need.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for you review, we really appreciated,

Visit us on your next trip to Miami.

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We recently stayed at the Habitat residence (new tower) for a weekend and then for another night a week later. We really enjoyed the location - being near downtown Brickell and access to Bayside was a definite plus and we had a fabulous time in Miami. The rooms were very clean and everyone was very friendly (we paid for the valet and found it well worth it). The reasons that it did not receive more than 3 stars are as follows: 1. The gym has old equipment and is not very good, 2. When we arrived for the second visit the front desk staff took a photo of my credit card (front and back) and drivers license - they said they had done this the first time as well - and then they say they give it to the night auditor (we told them we were not comfortable with that and my only option was to pay by cash in order for her not to do that - she tore up the copy and when I spoke to another front desk person the following morning she said the night auditor will shred it afterwards) but as far as I know this is not legal nor is it necessary. If you have pre-approval of the credit card you should have no reason to keep my information in that manner. With all the fraudulent activity going on with credit cards this is definitely not a best practice. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay at the Habitat residence.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciated you took the time to write something about us. The Gym facilities are being under maintenance right now and we are buying new equipment, the equipment you saw was momentary from our previous gym while the new equipment arrive.
Regarding your credit card we apologize if you didn't fell comfortable. In all of our reservation at check in as a regular hotel we ask for a valid ID and credit card to have it in the account while you stay here just in case any incidents happen, this is a mandatory and regular procedure in hotels, we even ask for them if you pay in cash. Our night auditors is just the front desk clerk that covers the shifts at nights and make sure everybody in-house has been paid, has the papers in the account and check the reservations that arrives during the night, nothing else, is an in-house staff like all of our front desk clerks. We hope you enjoyed your stay with is and we hope to have you with us on your next trip to Miami.

Regards
Patricia Campos
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Quarto em bom estado de limpeza, decoração discreta e mobília nova, minha decepção foi com relação ao uso do estacionamento, em minha reserva dizia que o estacionamento estava incluso, porem ao solicitar o serviço eles queriam cobrar US$20,00 para utilizar a vaga. Infelizmente o prédio estava passando por reformas e nao pude utilizar a piscina.

Room in a clean condition, light decor and new furniture, my disappointment was with respect to the use of the parking, in my book said that parking valet was included, however when requesting the service they wanted to charge $ 20.00. Unfortunately the building was undergoing renovations and could not use the pool.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for any inconvenience the construction might have cause you. We invite you to come again, as we will have our pool finished by march. Our valet parking cost $20 and in our online profiles it says we have a fee to be charged at check in.

toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hello,i stayed at the Habitat Residences in Miami Fla. from january 1 to the 17, and, no service whatsoever.One of the employees dumped a bucket of water on the carpet at the entrance to my room and the water stayed there for 2 days, even after i call to report the incident.Internet broken down constantly,dishwasher had water from the previous guests and contaminated the place with a terrible odor,fixtures for the sliding doors to the laundry broken,and jamming the door all the time.They proudly show the award at the entrance,but is all show no go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Joe,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we really appreciated.
We apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused you.
As we communicated to you during your stay, our main A/C broke and that was the reason you found water in the hallway, we want to remind you that we cordially offer you an upgrade and gave you another apartment and you refused as you didn’t wanted to move apartments. We are sorry this issue took us a couple of days, we contacted the service company and we were doing the best that we could in a situation like that, we have everything fixed at the moment and under control, we are also giving weekly revision to the A/C in order to avoid any other problems in the future. We are sorry for the Internet, we also fixed our Internet services in order for all of our guests to have a steady connection, all of your complains have been taken care of and we would like to have the pleasure of having you as a guest in your next trip to Miami.
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My stay at Habitat was for the most part ok, but I was really frustrated about the parking situation. When I booked my email insured me that I would have access to a parking space during my stay. When I got to the hotel they told me they no longer provide that service and that I would have to pay $20 a day for valet parking or park illegally on the street. When I mentioned that my email said I would have free parking the woman at the desk said that the cut of for giving free parking was 8 days before I booked and it didn't matter what the email said. No apologizes or any sympathy. When I pushed back she said she would ask the manager and get back to me. No one ever got back to me. One of the main reasons I choose to stay here was because of the free parking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we really appreciated. We apologize for any inconvenience our parking arrangement had caused you. We implemented our valet parking services in December because it had a lot of demand from past guests and we wanted to give an extra service to our guest and help them with their luggage, packages and so forth. We hope you would give us the chance and the pleasure of having you as a gain in your next visit to Miami. Once again we apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused you and we thank you for your time and interest in leaving us a review.
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

me and my husband stayed at Habitat from 11/13 until 11/17. upon arrival to the room, it was found the room was extremely dirty and after several arguments with management the room was changed. the mattress was so uncomfortable that me and my husband were barely able to get up and had horrible back pain. upon arrival home on 11/17, me and my husband developed a rash on arms and legs. we went to see a doctor who diagnosed us both with bed bugs. the doctor asked if there was any recent travel (there was) and told us we got bed bugs from your place. i have left several messages for the management to call me back. this place is HORRIBLE-BE AWARE-NEVER STAY THERE

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear RussianMD175,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate our guest suggestions and recommendations.
However, we would like to inform you that we bought new mattress for the entire building on January and we have mattress covers that prevent any liquid penetration or bed bugs. As a improvement to our service, we were using quills for our apartments and now we are using new duvets and duvet covers.
Give us the opportunity to have you as a guest again,
Regards
Habitat Residence Team
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I reserved a one bedroom apartment and checked in October 2nd. It was really late when we checked in initially had an issue finding the office which was frustrating to say the least but finally got checked in. As a note they opened the new check in in the remolded tower so this should be a non issue.

There were a few minor things wrong and on Thursday morning we stopped by the office and asked if there was an inventory list of what we were responsible for in the unit since they claimed we would be charged for anything that was missing. There was no inventory list. I think they would be hard pressed to charge me for something if I do not even know what I am responsible for. We were missing a glass and I determined that because the dishes came in a set of 4 and there was only 3 8 oz. drinking glasses. When I told the lady in the office she almost acted like I would want to steal one of the glasses. She said she would have to ask housekeeping about it. If I am telling you it is not there the morning after I checked in it is not there. I wish they would have tried to charge me my plan was already to call my credit card company and deny the charge. Thursday morning they said they would replace the glass and i also had an issue with the blinds in the bedroom not going up that they said would be fixed. None of the items they promised to correct were corrected.

It was clear to me that once they got your money they really did not care. There was also an issue with our bathroom with slow drainage and having to flush the toilet several times to get a complete flush even if you were just flushing a tissue. On the last day it just quit the tub would not drain and the toilet would not flush anything. My wife had to use the bathroom in the check out office.

The bed was honestly the worst bed I have ever slept on other than an army cot. While it was not the worst place I ever stayed in south Florida I do not think I would go back there again. Hopefully the new or renovated tower will be better but I was not that thrilled with the service, or really lack of service, and the bed if all the beds are the same not worth my staying there again. For those that had a great experience that is great you all enjoyed your stay. Me not so much and they can keep the little form note they seem to post at the bottom of every single review. They do not even care enough to personally respond to concerns just stick their blanket statement there for all to see.

Room Tip: I would make sure I got placed in the newer remodeled tower and not Tower 1 which is the tower I sta...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. For us is very important to hear your opinion because it gives us the opportunity to improve our customer service and our product.

First we would like to apologize for any inconveniences you might encounter during your stay. We already notify the staff about your review and complain. We want you to know that we already went to the apartment you stayed in and checked personally with our maintenance manager the issues in the bathroom and we are working towards fixing them.

The inventories has been updated and checked and placed behind the front door, we understand your concern and it is important to our guests to have an inventory list of all the items in the apartment as you said. Our goal is to keep that inventory up to date and provide the guest with all the amenities that we offer.

Again, I would like to apologize in the name of the hotel and tell you it was a pleasure having you as a guest. We would like to have the opportunity to accommodate you next time you visit Miami and offer you a 10% discount for your next visit. We will try our best to make you feel at home, and prove you we value your opinion and we’ve improved our deficiencies.

Habitat Residence Management Team

Been to Habitat Residence? Share your experiences!