“just terrible plus bed bugs” 1 of 5 stars

Habitat Residence
1701 SW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33129 (Formerly Habitat Miami)   |
Hotel deals
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“just terrible plus bed bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

me and my husband stayed at Habitat from 11/13 until 11/17. upon arrival to the room, it was found the room was extremely dirty and after several arguments with management the room was changed. the mattress was so uncomfortable that me and my husband were barely able to get up and had horrible back pain. upon arrival home on 11/17, me and my husband developed a rash on arms and legs. we went to see a doctor who diagnosed us both with bed bugs. the doctor asked if there was any recent travel (there was) and told us we got bed bugs from your place. i have left several messages for the management to call me back. this place is HORRIBLE-BE AWARE-NEVER STAY THERE

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear RussianMD175,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate our guest suggestions and recommendations.
However, we would like to inform you that we bought new mattress for the entire building on January and we have mattress covers that prevent any liquid penetration or bed bugs. As a improvement to our service, we were using quills for our apartments and now we are using new duvets and duvet covers.
Give us the opportunity to have you as a guest again,
Regards

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I reserved a one bedroom apartment and checked in October 2nd. It was really late when we checked in initially had an issue finding the office which was frustrating to say the least but finally got checked in. As a note they opened the new check in in the remolded tower so this should be a non issue.

There were a few minor things wrong and on Thursday morning we stopped by the office and asked if there was an inventory list of what we were responsible for in the unit since they claimed we would be charged for anything that was missing. There was no inventory list. I think they would be hard pressed to charge me for something if I do not even know what I am responsible for. We were missing a glass and I determined that because the dishes came in a set of 4 and there was only 3 8 oz. drinking glasses. When I told the lady in the office she almost acted like I would want to steal one of the glasses. She said she would have to ask housekeeping about it. If I am telling you it is not there the morning after I checked in it is not there. I wish they would have tried to charge me my plan was already to call my credit card company and deny the charge. Thursday morning they said they would replace the glass and i also had an issue with the blinds in the bedroom not going up that they said would be fixed. None of the items they promised to correct were corrected.

It was clear to me that once they got your money they really did not care. There was also an issue with our bathroom with slow drainage and having to flush the toilet several times to get a complete flush even if you were just flushing a tissue. On the last day it just quit the tub would not drain and the toilet would not flush anything. My wife had to use the bathroom in the check out office.

The bed was honestly the worst bed I have ever slept on other than an army cot. While it was not the worst place I ever stayed in south Florida I do not think I would go back there again. Hopefully the new or renovated tower will be better but I was not that thrilled with the service, or really lack of service, and the bed if all the beds are the same not worth my staying there again. For those that had a great experience that is great you all enjoyed your stay. Me not so much and they can keep the little form note they seem to post at the bottom of every single review. They do not even care enough to personally respond to concerns just stick their blanket statement there for all to see.

Room Tip: I would make sure I got placed in the newer remodeled tower and not Tower 1 which is the tower I sta...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. For us is very important to hear your opinion because it gives us the opportunity to improve our customer service and our product.

First we would like to apologize for any inconveniences you might encounter during your stay. We already notify the staff about your review and complain. We want you to know that we already went to the apartment you stayed in and checked personally with our maintenance manager the issues in the bathroom and we are working towards fixing them.

The inventories has been updated and checked and placed behind the front door, we understand your concern and it is important to our guests to have an inventory list of all the items in the apartment as you said. Our goal is to keep that inventory up to date and provide the guest with all the amenities that we offer.

Again, I would like to apologize in the name of the hotel and tell you it was a pleasure having you as a guest. We would like to have the opportunity to accommodate you next time you visit Miami and offer you a 10% discount for your next visit. We will try our best to make you feel at home, and prove you we value your opinion and we’ve improved our deficiencies.

Regards,

Habitat Residence Management Team
Pezinok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed in Habitat for 8 days. We are absolutely satisfied with Habitat Residence. There are no negatives. Their communitation was excellent and they give us what we needed. They accommodated us erlier without booking. That was great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is important to us to know the opinion of our guest. Visit us again on your next visit to Miami.
It was a pleasure having you as a guest.
Fortaleza, CE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and me stayed there one week ago, for 5 days. Everything was fabulous. The staff was very friendly and carefull. The accomodations were impecable. Location couldn't be any better. Besides all these advantages, parking is inside of the hotel with no extra-charge. Definately we'll be staying there next times.

Room Tip: No matter which one you get, all of them would be good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, it was a pleasure having you as a guest.

Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is one of the worst places I have ever stayed at. Stayed here for a week. We reserved a room for a 2 bedroom apartment, what we received was a 1 bedroom apartment with a bed in the dining room to make it look like a 2 bedroom. Very awkward set up. But okay, we could deal with that. As soon as we arrived there was trash overflowing out of the dumpster, really disgusting. They do not offer any cleaning services and expect you to reuse the raggedy towels they put in your room. The towels literally looked like scraps that were so worn out they should have been used as mops. We requested more towels by the manager who said usually they charge a fee but would give us new towels the day before we were leaving. Well we never received those towels which was just fine because we invested in our own towels by the second night.

Not only that, but the manager (don't remember her name) kept harassing us saying we were smoking in the room, which was untrue! My friends smoked outside in the outdoor patio and she smelled it from outside and came to threaten us not once but twice for a $1000 smoking fee.

On our last night there we completely cleaned the apartment ourselves adding to the overflowing dumpster right outside. We forgot two gatorade bottles in the fridge and were immediately called and threatened with a cleaning fee and a smoking fee. She even said she had pictures to show us for the cleaning fee and the smoking fee. We kept emailing her and calling her for pictures. Guess what?! No pictures were ever available for us to see. These people are all talk. Eventually never charged us anything, so unprofessional and inadequate. Would rather stay in a tent on the street. Never again.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback.
We are working on improving your suggestions.
We deeply apologize for any inconveniences you might have encounter.
Thank you so much and hope you have a great day!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My family and I rented an apartment there the days before and after our cruise and it wasn't a pleasant stay the first time. They gave us an apartment in a white bulding that looked very modern as so did the apartment but the walls were filthy, as if it was never repainted after years of use even though the apartment seemed new. The furniture was basic and it seemed empty.
The second time we stayed there after the cruise was over, they told us they didn't didn't have apartments available even though we had a reservation, so after getting angry, an apartment appeared in their new biulding accross the street. The apartment was amazing, brand new, beautiful, too bad we won't be going back. The area where the buildings are located is pretty bad and also its next to the highway so its noisy also.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback.
We are working on improving your suggestions.
We deeply apologize for any inconveniences you might have encounter.
Thank you so much and hope you have a great day!

Larnaka, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The apartment was adequate, it was furnished and had a full kitchen, which was convenient, but nothing fancy. A supermarket was close and so easy to get what you need for breakfast. It was quiet and not very close to all the action but we rented a car which made it easy to go to places. Free parking is provided at the basement. Also there is free wifi which we find necessary nowadays. The office (reception) is 50m away and they were very friendly and helpful, they even let us use their pc to print some of our personal stuff

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing Habitat Residence and your feedback!
It was a pleasure having you as a guest! Visit us soon!

Habitat Residence!

Been to Habitat Residence? Share your experiences!