“Unforgettable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Top Gun Fishing Charters

Top Gun Fishing Charters
Crandon Marina, 4000 Crandon Marina, Miami, FL 33149 (Downtown)
+1 305-361-8110
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #18 of 176 activities in Miami
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Miami's "Top Gun" in sportfishing. Specializing in fishing charters for beginning and experienced anglers alike. We catch Sailfish, swordfish, tuna, Mahi Mahi and more.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Unforgettable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My 13 yr old son and I were visiting America for the first time and
wished to do some fishing whilst we were there. We had done this before
elsewhere but with little sucess. I explained this to Capt.Nel beforehand and that I feared if we had a similar result in Florida he may never wish to go fishing again!
I need not have have worried. We headed out for some livebait which was great fun in itself
as they came on board fast and furious. We then went after ray, sailfish and even caught a shark.
The most memorable experience however was hooking a blue marlin which i was able to bring alongside the boat after a one and threequarter hour tustle.
i understand they are quite rare in this region and it was only with the skill and patience of the captain at the helm and a few helpful tips from Mario the mate that I was able to lay claim to it.
Overall a great time in great company.

Visited February 2012

Miami, Florida
“Best fishing experience ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband decided to extend my birthday and took me on a charter fishing trip. I am so glad he chose Top Gun. Captain Nel and First mate Mario were great in making this day special for me and I was very pleased as to the sensitivity and care they provided my husband because of his physical disability. I ended up catching a sailfish and they really encouraged and cheered me on as I struggled to reel it in. They were very personable and professional and I had a blast. So if you decide to go on a fishing charter, then Top Gun is the best way to go. You will not regret it.

San Antonio, Texas
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Capt. Martinez,
I want to thank you for the wonderful fishing trip my granddaughter and I enjoyed with you and your crew. The trip was part of a grandfather / granddaughter weekend that we shared for her 13th birthday, a family tradition that began many years ago when I took her mother and her aunt on a long weekend to a destination of their choosing after they reached their thirteenth birthdays. Not only was the fishing great on our outing but your crew was so attentive and helpful to my granddaughter, who is not an experience fisherman, that she had an absolutely wonderful time that she is still talking about. I may be seeing you again as my other three grandchildren reach their 13th birthdays. Word on a good thing spreads fast.

Leo P
San Antonio, Texas

Visited August 2012
“Great First-time Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Miami for a week and have always wanted to deep-sea fish, booked a half day private charter with Captain Nel and First mate Mario, had a great time, boat was clean and cool inside, caught a beautiful grouper and plenty of bonito, wish we could have stayed out all day!!! Highly recommend!

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Twilight Tuna Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went with one bud from work and we are both noobs at fishing. Captain Nel and First Mate Mario (along with peons Eric and Louie) did a great job walking us through what to do at each step of the way and also we just had fun lounging around with them in the AC room.

Although it was late in the season, these guys did their best to find Tuna in the area and we ended up bagging 5 large (30lb +) blackfin along with catch and releasing a small mahi-mahi and a large sailfish. At one point, we had 3 fish on the line and ended up bringing all three in under the expert guidance of Louie while Mario was forced to chum the waters.

The fish was delicious (they will fillet the fish for you on the dock) and was even better once we brought it to a local restaurant "Shoji Shoji" which made a lot of dishes out of the meat for just $20.

These guys were a lot of fun and I would upvote them with high confidence.

Visited June 2012