“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Top Gun Fishing Charters

Top Gun Fishing Charters
Crandon Marina, 4000 Crandon Marina, Miami, FL 33149 (Downtown)
+1 305-361-8110
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 179 Activities in Miami
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Miami's "Top Gun" in sportfishing. Specializing in fishing charters for beginning and experienced anglers alike. We catch Sailfish, swordfish, tuna, Mahi Mahi and more.
San Antonio, Texas
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Capt. Martinez,
I want to thank you for the wonderful fishing trip my granddaughter and I enjoyed with you and your crew. The trip was part of a grandfather / granddaughter weekend that we shared for her 13th birthday, a family tradition that began many years ago when I took her mother and her aunt on a long weekend to a destination of their choosing after they reached their thirteenth birthdays. Not only was the fishing great on our outing but your crew was so attentive and helpful to my granddaughter, who is not an experience fisherman, that she had an absolutely wonderful time that she is still talking about. I may be seeing you again as my other three grandchildren reach their 13th birthdays. Word on a good thing spreads fast.

Leo P
San Antonio, Texas

Visited August 2012

“Great First-time Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Miami for a week and have always wanted to deep-sea fish, booked a half day private charter with Captain Nel and First mate Mario, had a great time, boat was clean and cool inside, caught a beautiful grouper and plenty of bonito, wish we could have stayed out all day!!! Highly recommend!

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Twilight Tuna Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went with one bud from work and we are both noobs at fishing. Captain Nel and First Mate Mario (along with peons Eric and Louie) did a great job walking us through what to do at each step of the way and also we just had fun lounging around with them in the AC room.

Although it was late in the season, these guys did their best to find Tuna in the area and we ended up bagging 5 large (30lb +) blackfin along with catch and releasing a small mahi-mahi and a large sailfish. At one point, we had 3 fish on the line and ended up bringing all three in under the expert guidance of Louie while Mario was forced to chum the waters.

The fish was delicious (they will fillet the fish for you on the dock) and was even better once we brought it to a local restaurant "Shoji Shoji" which made a lot of dishes out of the meat for just $20.

These guys were a lot of fun and I would upvote them with high confidence.

Visited June 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“Bachelor party fishing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

On the last weekend of April we chartered Top Gun to take us deep see fishing for my buddies bachelor party and we had an awesome time. The boat was clean, well presented and didn't feel like a big corporate charter. The captain and staff were extremely nice and professional and it was a great experience. During our half day trip, we were fortunate enough to catch four dolphin & two sailfish. It was definitely a great experience, and I'm looking forward to doing it again. If I happen to plan a fishing trip in the Miami/Key Biscayne area, it will be with Top Gun.

Visited April 2012
Surrey
“Excellent Days Fishing with Top Gun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I just wanted to write this article and let anyone interested know what a great time my son Bradley and I had when we went out with Captain Nel with Top-Gun.

From being greeted at the pontoon and introduced to the boat and crew we were made very welcome, our first task of the day was to go some way offshore to catch our own live bait which, with the captain & crews assistance, was achieved, with Bradley catching probably 75% of what was required.

We then proceeded to cruise to deeper waters where, once reached, we drifted over wrecks and coral ledges in search of fish, Bradley found success with this method and caught his first Amber-Jack weighing in at around 35lb, later in the day we trawled and I found success bagging a 50lb Sail Fish that gave an immense fight.

Bradley and I have fished in many locations in our travels and found the Skipper and crew to be very knowledgeable in all methods of fishing, the equipment was top quality and would recommend the charter to anybody considering a fishing charter.

Well done captain Nel keep up your exceptional hard work.

Visited March 2012