“Cute & Comfy Motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 131 hotels in Miami
Brooklyn, New York
“Cute & Comfy Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in the New Yorker Boutique Hotel this summer with my boyfriend for a quick weekend getaway and really enjoyed it! The room was really cute, spacious, and clean with a comfy bed. My favorite part was the continental breakfast patio each morning. It was super charming and relaxing! The location isn't the best, but if you have a rental car then it's only a 10 minute drive to South Beach. If you have a rental car and are solely looking for an affordable, comfy place to sleep (why else would you be hanging in your hotel while in MIAMI?!) then I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, We are happy to hear you had a memorable stay with us and certainly look forward to your next stay with us.

569 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The reviews of this hotel are misleading. It is far away from any interesting place in the city. The area is simply ugly. DO NOT GO THERE WITH YOUR FAMILY IT MAY BE DANGEROUS. I can acknowledge an effort in the decoration but it is still a motel. We actually lost our money as the hygienic conditions of the room were not acceptable. You will find better deals in more centric and clean places.
This hotel (motel) and the reviews I found made me question the usefulness of Tripadvisor and its zero tolerance policy on fake reviews.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
It is unfortunate that your stay with us was not a pleasent one, We are a family own and operated hotel and well establish for over forty years and located in a safe surrounding. We are located on a main highway that leads into downtown, southbeach, and fort lauderdale.we are a small hotel that sits on its entire block of 6500 Biscayne Boulevard. We have plenty of parking to accomidate our staff and guests. We strive to become Miami number one choice hotel. We apologize for any inconveience you may have experience during your stay.

Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We booked this hotel for a pre and post cruise stay. Let me start off by saying I read the mixed reviews before booking and I thought I would give this "hotel" the benefit of the doubt. I know some people have high expectations, and therefore rate hotels lower than they deserve, but this one deserves it's low rating. Here are the reasons:

First off, they claim to offer deluxe rooms with Queen size beds - which is one of the main reasons I chose this hotel within this price range. Let me tell you that it was no way a queen but rather a double bed. We brought this up with the front desk and they argued that it was a Queen however I have a Queen at home so I know 100% it is not a Queen size bed. I think they are sincerely convinced it is by the way she argued with me, but I just wish I had a tape measure to prove her wrong! Not only was it the wrong size, but our bed sloped toward the ground on the right side so I never could get comfortable.

Also, a big feature I was looking for was a cheap shuttle to and from the airport to save on taxi fare. Both Expedia and the hotel's website claimed to offer a shuttle but after I booked and emailed them to reserve it they said it was no longer available.

Since I am pregnant plus a light sleeper on top of that, I emailed in advance requesting a quiet room on the top floor away from the street. They replied saying they could not accommodate my request since it's on a first come first served basis. Never have I encountered this with other hotels who are always willing to help.

When the hotel description says: "a unique blend of modern style within the walls of a classic historic landmark", that is code for old and dirty. The bathroom had mould, stains (see pictures) and ants crawling in through the window. The AC worked, however it constantly turned itself on and off every 5-10 minutes which kept me up throughout the night. The earplugs they provide helped with the outside noise but didn't block out the sound of the loud air conditioner. The hot water in the shower worked for me early in the morning but then when my husband took a shower after breakfast around 10am there was no hot water left.

As we were checking out, a police officer and a current guest of the hotel came in to talk to the lady at the front desk. The guest's car had been broken into that night in the hotel's parking lot and the cop came in to retrieve the security footage. The hotel stated that the camera was broken and therefore there was no footage available... Then when the cop and guest left the front desk area, the lady called whom I assume to be the owner and insinuated that the guest was a liar by saying his car must have been broken into somewhere else since it couldn't possibly have happened in their lot.

Overall, as you can see we were extremely dissatisfied with this "hotel", which is more like a cheap motel and by no means was worth $110/night. As such, we immediately cancelled our post-cruise reservation and booked at the Best Western on the Bay instead. Please save yourself the hassle and book somewhere else, even if you have to pay $50 more a night!

Room Tip: I would say ask in advance for a quiet room at the back on the 2nd floor, but since they just ignore...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We apologize for any inconveience you may have experience during your stay with us.
It is unfortunate that you were not happy with your stay.
We are in the process of renovating our bathrooms and unfortunately due to the hotel being an historic landmark it is taking more time than we have anticipated getting approval from the city.
Unfortunately we can not guaranteet a room in the back area of hotel since we are a small property and we do our best to accomidate all guest request. In regards to the car that was broken into it was not broken into the passenger window had a crack but not broken and the employee never said the guest was lying what she said was we have security 24 hours who patrol the property and that she could not believe this could of happened at the hotel since we have been well established for over forty years and we never had a issue with our property or vehicles on our property.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here one night for pre-cruise. Broken facet, wall disintegrating wall in bathroom, cold linoleum floor, noisy - they even provide ear plugs in the room, TV on an antenna so most channels cut in and out . Never staying here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay, We were not inform that there wa a problem with your room. We have cable and do dont undertand what an antena had to do with your TV channels since our cable company has built our wiring undergraiund but we will contact our provider with the issue. We are a family own and operated property and have een well establish for over forty years we are a three star property and have been rated four by our guest.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight stay pre-cruise. Retro is an understatement. Tap on bathroom sink was broken, TV was antenna so most channels were breaking up, wall was crumbling away in the bathroom, AC was barely keeping up. Would not stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Surfers Paradise, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is misrepresentation ! This is a Motel and a scruffy one at that. Without a car and having to use a bus or taxi to get anywhere is awkward to say the least but as always let the buyer beware. Pick somewhere downtown.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Best aspects: Retro decor, pool with lounge chairs, free internet computer in lobby, Wifi, helpful staff.
Not so good aspects: Bathrooms are a little dingy, AC was hidden in the closet and was a bit challenged to keep the room cool, really need a car to get anywhere from here - it is not near any main attractions - or a bus pass which cannot be purchased anywhere nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for your klind review, We are happy to hear you were pleased with the comfort and quality of our hotel, and certainly look forward to your return.

Walter&Shirley

Been to New Yorker Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!