“Impeccable customer service with affordable rates” 4 of 5 stars

New Yorker Boutique Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6500 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33138   |
Ranked #76 of 129 hotels in Miami
San Francisco, California
“Impeccable customer service with affordable rates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stylish, comfortable beds, and wonderful service. Mimi, our concierge, receptionist, and local pulse check all rolled into one, was a memorable highlight during our stay. She was graciously patient as we asked our tourist questions and went above the call of duty to ensure that Miami was meeting our expectations with nightlife, food, and shopping recommendations.

I would recommend this hotel to fellow travelers and friends but would forewarn a few things. For one, the walls are thin so light sleepers beware. Another issue was that the TV reception was extremely limited; about 50% of the channels were religious-themed, another large fraction was Spanish-only speaking programming, and the remaining channels were infomercials.

Thankfully, there was CNN but the picture quality, regrettably, was not strong. The internet connection was also disappointingly slow, making it difficult for me to follow upon work correspondence. But, these are minor issues and we spent most of our time outside the hotel. Overall, the beds were soft, clean sheets, on-site free parking, and rodent/pests-free.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
We are happy to hear you had a memorable stay with us and we certainly look forward to your next arrival.
We are sorry there were a few issues regaring our cable company however they were working hard to correct the issue they had that affected our surrounding area.

Looking forward to your next visit

585 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Upon our arrival to the motel area I was very hesitant about staying in the area. There were numerous homeless and strange people walking around. My husband checked us in and we headed up to our 2nd story room. My 1st impression was that the room was very retro as described. Unforfunately I was very disapointed in the room.
If you like dirty walls, an air conditioner in a recessed closet, NO dresser, although if you wanted to hang your clothes on the 4 hangers in the closet it would have obstructed the A/C,1 lamp, a bed that creaked every time you moved, a toilet that leaked every time that it was flushed and had a loud squeel at the end, no place to put toiletries in the bathroom (or anywhere else) or an electrical outlet, all tile work grouting that was done as repairs was sloppy and no alternative to down pillows this is the place for you. I would rank this motel as sub-par even to Motel 6 standards.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here try to get a room in the "newer" section.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay at our property.
However we do have staff 24 hours at the front desk to accomidate our guest needs and if we were informed of any issues we certainly would have taken care of your issues.
We are a three star hotel with a four star rating given by our guest.
We take every issue and comment our guest write on reviews and do our best to assure our guest have a memorable stay and when they do return to Miami we will be their choice hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel is in the process of remodeling. We had a room close to the swimming pool which had not yet been redecorated like the rooms shown on the internet. The room was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast seved in the morning was great. Transportation from and to the airport is available for $20.00. They are in the process of obtaining permission to drop off at the port. We took a taxi from the hotel to the port and the fare was only $15.00. Excellent hotel for the price and location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.
we are happy that you were satisfied with the comfort and quality we provided to you and certainly looking forward to your next visit with us.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

we stayed here just for one night Oct 2012
first impressions were that it looked a good hotel
the impressions changed when we collected our room keys and the entered the room
it changed from good to excellent
the staff were very helpful and friendly, and the room was perfect, clean, cool and modern looking with all the facilities you require
the pool was clean with plenty of seating
coffee and tea was available for free at all times
we faced the main road but were not disturbed at all
the staff recommended a restaurant within a few minutes walk, and she was spot on, we enjoyed a lovely meal at a reasonable cost
I would recommend this hotel and will certainly be staying again when visiting Miami

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind review.
We are pleased that your were satisfied with the comfort and quaility during your stay with us at the New Yorker Boutique Hotel and certainly looke forward to your return visit.

Walter & Shirley
Milano, Italia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights in september 2012. Basic motel just a few miles north of downtown and in front of Miami Beach. Good location.
Really essential but clean and comfortable enough. A little bit noisy with the rooms facing Biscayne Blvd. I would suggest it as a valid choice for a low cost stay in Miami.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We are happy you had a pleasant stay with us.

Looking forward to your future visit,
Walter & Shirley
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I only stayed for one night with them but because of Isaac tropical storm i had to stay in the day and night.
The room was big, clean and nice with all necessary things in it. Wifi was not always stable though.
I would not say Location is great- a little bit backwards towards downtown but close to the ocean on another hand.
The staff is super-friendly as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sorry to hear that you were having issues with the wifi due to the weather condition we were having during your stay which made it difficult at times thou the outside courier was working very hard to fix the issue.
Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Jericho, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was traveling to the Miami area from NY to help my elderly dad who was having eye surgery. He arranged for me to stay at a motel located several blocks from where he lives. Honestly, I was not expecting much because the area is mostly comprised of old 'sketchy' motels. In recent years however, there have been lots of changes in the neighborhood - new great restaurants & shops. Well, I was very pleasantly surprised and impressed from the moment I arrived at The New Yorker! Mimi at the front desk was very sweet and welcoming when I arrived. My room was adorable! It was contemporary and cheerful.It was decorated in aqau, white and a touch of cranberry. There was an over-sized silk screen print of Charlie Sheen hanging over my bed. I think all of the rooms have a different, hip & fun decor. The bed and pillows were the most comfortable I have ever had at any hotel. Walter & Shirley, the owners, did a fantastic job turning this old motel into a chic boutique that looks like it belongs on Ocean Ave in South Beach! Each morning a contintal breakfast was served in an outside courtyard. There were cafe tables and chairs set up as well as wicker couches and club chairs set under a pretty canopy. Each morning Charles (who was working at the buffet) asked me about my dad's progress. In the past while visiting the Miami area I stayed downtown at the Double Tree, however, getting in and out of the hotel and getting my car from valet took forever. The New Yorker was conveniently located and made traveling easy. For the week that I was in Miami, it was my home away from home. I felt very comfortable and cared for. I will be looking forward to my next trip to Miami and I will most certainly be staying at The New Yorker!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your response to your stay with us.
Yes we do make our guest here at hotel their home away from home.
Our staff are very accomidating and provide excellent customer service to our guest and their families.
Happy to hear your dad is doing great and his surgery was a success.

Looking forward to your next visit
Walter&Shirley

Been to New Yorker Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!