“good nights stay” 5 of 5 stars

London, United Kingdom
“good nights stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

we stayed here just for one night Oct 2012
first impressions were that it looked a good hotel
the impressions changed when we collected our room keys and the entered the room
it changed from good to excellent
the staff were very helpful and friendly, and the room was perfect, clean, cool and modern looking with all the facilities you require
the pool was clean with plenty of seating
coffee and tea was available for free at all times
we faced the main road but were not disturbed at all
the staff recommended a restaurant within a few minutes walk, and she was spot on, we enjoyed a lovely meal at a reasonable cost
I would recommend this hotel and will certainly be staying again when visiting Miami

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind review.
We are pleased that your were satisfied with the comfort and quaility during your stay with us at the New Yorker Boutique Hotel and certainly looke forward to your return visit.

Sincerely
Walter & Shirley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Milano, Italia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights in september 2012. Basic motel just a few miles north of downtown and in front of Miami Beach. Good location.
Really essential but clean and comfortable enough. A little bit noisy with the rooms facing Biscayne Blvd. I would suggest it as a valid choice for a low cost stay in Miami.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We are happy you had a pleasant stay with us.

Looking forward to your future visit,
Walter & Shirley
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I only stayed for one night with them but because of Isaac tropical storm i had to stay in the day and night.
The room was big, clean and nice with all necessary things in it. Wifi was not always stable though.
I would not say Location is great- a little bit backwards towards downtown but close to the ocean on another hand.
The staff is super-friendly as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sorry to hear that you were having issues with the wifi due to the weather condition we were having during your stay which made it difficult at times thou the outside courier was working very hard to fix the issue.
Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Jericho, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was traveling to the Miami area from NY to help my elderly dad who was having eye surgery. He arranged for me to stay at a motel located several blocks from where he lives. Honestly, I was not expecting much because the area is mostly comprised of old 'sketchy' motels. In recent years however, there have been lots of changes in the neighborhood - new great restaurants & shops. Well, I was very pleasantly surprised and impressed from the moment I arrived at The New Yorker! Mimi at the front desk was very sweet and welcoming when I arrived. My room was adorable! It was contemporary and cheerful.It was decorated in aqau, white and a touch of cranberry. There was an over-sized silk screen print of Charlie Sheen hanging over my bed. I think all of the rooms have a different, hip & fun decor. The bed and pillows were the most comfortable I have ever had at any hotel. Walter & Shirley, the owners, did a fantastic job turning this old motel into a chic boutique that looks like it belongs on Ocean Ave in South Beach! Each morning a contintal breakfast was served in an outside courtyard. There were cafe tables and chairs set up as well as wicker couches and club chairs set under a pretty canopy. Each morning Charles (who was working at the buffet) asked me about my dad's progress. In the past while visiting the Miami area I stayed downtown at the Double Tree, however, getting in and out of the hotel and getting my car from valet took forever. The New Yorker was conveniently located and made traveling easy. For the week that I was in Miami, it was my home away from home. I felt very comfortable and cared for. I will be looking forward to my next trip to Miami and I will most certainly be staying at The New Yorker!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your response to your stay with us.
Yes we do make our guest here at hotel their home away from home.
Our staff are very accomidating and provide excellent customer service to our guest and their families.
Happy to hear your dad is doing great and his surgery was a success.

Looking forward to your next visit
Chelyabinsk Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed at the New Yorker Boutique Hotel before cruise. I highly recommend the New Yorker. Free breakfast every morning. Free wi-fi throughout the property and free parking. It's conveniently located on Biscayne Blvd and 65th street. Staff at check-in was extremely friendly and helpful. Purely clean the room. Great breakfast with friendly staff. Be sure to return next vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights on a driving holiday through florida. Rooms were clean and spacious, not luxury but perfect for the level of pricing. We particularly enjoyed the swimming pool as it was always very quiet and although was an old square motel style with the rooms over looking it, had a certain charm because of that! Every where was well maintained aswell. Breakfast was simple but fantastic, ran by a very friendly guy. Would definitely stay again. Thanks new yorker!

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with the readers of trip advisor on your great stay at our New Yorker Boutique Hotel.
We certainly are fortunate to receive such great reviews and know that our staff leave a great impression on our guest to have had a memorable stay.

Sincerely
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Free Breakfast, Free Parking, Free Internet! This was my second time staying here. Friendly staff, cool rooms and comfortable beds. Only downside is the area isn't the greatest but the hotel is safe. Rooms can be a little noisy in the mornings.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool, they are quieter.