“nice family stay at the New Yorker's , Miami” 4 of 5 stars

New Yorker Boutique Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6500 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33138   |
Ranked #78 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“nice family stay at the New Yorker's , Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

We spent 3 nights at the New Yorker's. The staff was amazing, very helpful and kind. The room was clean, the decoration was nice. We were with our 5 months old baby and everything was perfect for us ! We highly recommend this place if you're looking for something simple but clean, affordable and safe.

Room Tip: there was a fridge, an iron and a hair dryer in our room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Great place to stay if you dont wanna empty your wallet at pricey accomodations alongside south beach.

This location at Biscayne Boulevard takes you 15 minutes to reach south beach or/and (when no traffic jam that is) and 15 minutes to Aventura Mall which is a great place to shop when in need of shopping.

The hotel it self might remind you more of a hostel but still; great and renovated room, al least the one we had at first floor. Good spacious big beds, clean room and good enough bath room altough it was a bit tiny, its more than good and sizeable enough. Some of the rooms are probably not as renovated as the one we had, but they do have sufficient standard as well if you consider the price u have to pay to stay.

The reception: fabolous people, treat you like you are family members from the very beginning, helpful with everything from directions, to dining recomendations to giving good advices on nightlife.

Breakfast: continental, like most other places like this, quite alright, no hot items, but bagels, jam, ceral etc that would work to start off ur day.

Would easily recomend other ppl to stay here. You should have a car when u stay here though as it is just a little of the main happening spots of Miami.

One computer available for guest use at the reseption where u have free internett access. Did i mention free parking?! Great friendly staff!!

Great value for money!

Room Tip: The rooms right next to the reception were great. We also stayed two nights in the rooms at second f...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Santee, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We came to visit friends in Miami, and booked at the New Yorker because it was close to Miami Shores. It is a very convienient location. Other reviewers state that it is in a bad part of town....welcome to MIAMI - It is a big city, with "bad parts" around every corner. The New Yorker has privacy fencing and we felt extremely safe and relaxed. Charles, the breakfast attendant was so friendly and helpful...always with a smile on his face. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Free WI FI. Free parking - even though parking can be a little tricky (as it is everywhere in Miami) If you need help with that - see Charles - he'll take care of you. It's not the ritz - but we didn't pay for the ritz. If the noise of the city bothers you - then don't stay in Miami - it's a big noisy city. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side of the hotel- across from the pool. Preferable to street side as I enjoy...
redmond, wa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel for a two night stay in Miami Shores near Barry University. It didn't need to have good access to beaches because we were going to be busy with other things anyway. I chose the New Yorker based on all the glowing reviews. Boy were we shocked! This hotel is in a very bad part of town! I was with my daughter and we did not feel safe in this neighborhood. We would have moved had I not already prepaid for the room. We made sure we were back in the room by 10pm and didn't walk around after dark. The morning we walked to a Starbucks a couple blocks away we saw prostitutes and probably drug deals. The only thing that made us feel like we would be ok here was the volume of other reviews saying they had stayed there and obviously lived to tell the tale. There were also many police cars around. Like others have said, the walls are paper thin, bathrooms tiny and furnishings cheap. The bed was fairly comfortable and the TV was a nice flat screen. I didn't like the fact that I could not control the a/c. Overall I think the owners are trying but they will never be able to overcome the thin walls and tiny bathrooms unless they do some major renovations. Also, I don't see that the area is "up and coming" as some have said and that is also a huge deterrent to staying there. I feel like I was fooled by all the glowing recommendations. I wonder if the owners and/or employees put them there.???

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Don't pay more than $50 per night. Not worth it! And if you scare easy...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011 via mobile

I really love this motel. I lost my boots there, and they sent them back for me! Also, they paid the fee for me!!! I am so moved:)

• Stayed November 2011
Ouvea, New Caledonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Stay experience was satisfactory for the price but what happened a few months later was NOT. My daughter and I both had faudulent charges appear on our credit cards. First my daughter's card was hit then a few months later mine. The charges that appeared are from GTL Global TelLINK and they are going to a correctional facility account for an inmate. So, someone employed at the New Yorker Boutique Hotel is stealing or selling your credit card information for a person that is in Jail! Beware! I hope they get caught!

Room Tip: Pay with cash if you can. Look at your statements carefully
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sussex England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Good points:-
Clean rooms, comfy beds, breakfast included (though basic) free onsite parking, 10% discount at Balans restaurant which has well cooked, good presentation and good value food and lovely staff at Balans.
Bad points:-
The area has not experienced an 'renaissance' as per website. We have traveled extensively throughout the US so we are not inexperienced British travelers. This is the first time we felt unsafe in an area where we were staying. The reasons are as follows:- the first night we were there were 3 police cars were dealing with an incident on the supermarket forecourt which is next door, a homeless man walked into the restaurant asking for food and the following morning we witnessed a policeman draw his gun at someone 2 blocks down.
It is on a very busy main road - to be fair our daughter stayed in the main building and said that although she heard the traffic noise it didn't keep her awake. However we stayed in the other block next to the swimming pool. The walls were paper thin - on the second night guests arrived in the room next to us late and thought it was ok to have the television on at 3am in the morning until 7am. I couldn't ring the reception as there is no telephones in the room (another grip) and I certainly wasn't going to wander to the reception in the middle of the night. We were on the ground floor and heard every footstep from the room above - we did get the receptionist to come over but there wasn't any other suitable room for us to move to. You can hear running water from the rooms around you. This is why there is ear plugs left for you - ear plugs and a pillow each side of your head does help to stem the noise though not the best way to go to sleep.
It is a motel not a hotel as indicated in the title.
I am not being unkind but I think the 'renovations' have been 'bigged up' and they are not 'brand new' - it has just been a slap of paint, new carpet and minimalist furniture.
But if you do stay here - please go to Balans because the food is worth the trip!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to New Yorker Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!