“Little Havana tour the real deal!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #7 of 234 Activities in Miami
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Miami Culinary Tours brings you everything South Florida’s culinary communities have to offer as well as the culture and tradition behind those doing the cooking. We organize Miami food tasting tours that not only showcase a particular type of cuisine, but also the culture and history behind it, giving tour participants the full story. The food tours in Miami are divided into different categories depending on cuisine and neighborhoods and offer foodies, both residents and visitors to the area, a chance to sample delicious dishes.
Norton Shores, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
“Little Havana tour the real deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This tour was fantastic and showcased the real flavor of Calle Ocho's cuisine,culture, and history, due to the expert and engaging efforts of our guide, Mirka. She was personable, enthusiastic, professional and just a lot of FUN. She seemed so happy to share her knowledge of Little Havana with us, pointing out along our walking tour a wealth of information on the impact of the Cuban life-style and experience in Miami. The food stops featured delicious Cuban foods. Portions were generous and efficiently served. The group was a perfect size, about 14 people, and Mirka was very helpful on an individual basis as well: calling cabs, taking photos, telling us how we could actually prepare plantains in our own kitchens, offering suggestions for returning in the evening to Little Havana...for me she suggested a cigar shop in South Beach where I could see the cigars being rolled when the place on our tour was closed for a family event. A suggestion: flip the tour so that it ends at the art galleries instead of beginning. Also, would like to see the Versailles restaurant as part of the tour,somehow-- a long walk I know.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Lunch Tour in Little Havana ROCKS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We attended the tour this past weekend for the Lunch Tour in Little Havana. It was wonderful! LOVED our guide, and we had a blast. I think this was the highlight of my four day weekend, and I would recommend this to anyone. I loved learning about the culture and the food together! And, I can’t stress how much I loved our tour guide! She ROCKED!!

Columbia, Connecticut, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun, food, and new friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The tour was awesome, our tour guide Anna, was fun, and very knowledgeable of the area and each of the places we visited. The dinner tour took us to 7 locations were we got to sample some great dishes. The tour group was very diverse and we met some great people along the way. I highly recommend this tour, just wish we took it on the first night in town so we could of went back to the some of the places we visited.

Toronto, Canada
20 attraction reviews
“Must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Miami for one night prior to a cruise! We decided to take the South Beach food tour! We have been on many food tours and this is amongst the best! There is such much food that we have an opportunity to sample! You actually leave the tour extremely full! One stop is the portion of a generous dinner entree. The tour is more than a food tour but is also a historical city tour. We had a lot of laughs and really learned a lot about Miami's rich history. Do this tour early in your stay because I guarantee that you will want to revisit some of the stops.

Modesto, California
“Miami Culinary Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Excellent tour for foodies. Great tour guide. I'd strongly recommend! Tour guide talks about architecture of the area also.