“A great thing to do in Miami Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 180 Activities in Miami
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Miami Culinary Tours brings you everything South Florida’s culinary communities have to offer as well as the culture and tradition behind those doing the cooking. We organize Miami food tasting tours that not only showcase a particular type of cuisine, but also the culture and history behind it, giving tour participants the full story. The food tours in Miami are divided into different categories depending on cuisine and neighborhoods and offer foodies, both residents and visitors to the area, a chance to sample delicious dishes.
New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
“A great thing to do in Miami Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Miami Culinary Tour is a great thing to do in Miami. Mirka, our guide, was a local--so friendlly, enthusiastic, and knowledgable. The food was great, and she peppered the walk with non-preachy details about Miami's art deco preservation. I was in Miami Beach for three days before taking the tour, and had walked by many of the places we visited, like a great place for empanadas next to a tattoo parlor. It was a fun and "insider" thing to do, and I highly recommend it.

Key West, Florida
25 attraction reviews
“The best of south beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was a highlight of our visit. We ad been here several times but never knew of the food diversity. The tour of 20 visited 7 restaurants that included Cuban, Colombian, argentine, Venezuelan, Israeli and Italian. Our vivacious guide, Grace, gave us a wonderful overview of the history and architecture of SoBe while we sampled our way through the varied cultures that make this area so interesting. Hope to return soon for the little Havana tour.

Visited March 2013
“A MUSt DO to know about food in Miami.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Our foodie tour guide Grace was excellent with overwhelmed of informations about the restaurants in South Beach Miami area.
She has a way to described dishes so good before tasting it.
It was filled with fun & educational interests
You won't be sorry at all
One suggestion:
If we were given a menu of the restaurant of the stop, then we can follow and learn the name of that particular dish.
Great tour.

Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Private customized tour - Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Hey everyone, I am a travel agent who was travelling with family and I wanted to do something fun in Miami before departing the next day on a Cruise and thought I should give the Culinary Tours a try since I am a self-declared Foodie! :) We mixed and matched some of the Little Havana Tour with the South Beach Tour and had a fantastic overview of both areas of the city. We were travelling with "travel newbies" and they were in awe and had an absolute blast at the history we were learning, food we were tasting, etc. Our tour guide Grace was awesome! I think we all agreed that the very best thing we had was the Cuban Sandwich! So delicious! The Cafe Cubano was also very fun.

Definitely a tour I will be recommending to friends and future clients! Thanks again everyone at Miami Culinary Tours for making great vacation memories for us!!

Visited February 2013
San Francisco, California
“Passion in "Miami Culinary Tours"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Recently I had the pleasure of taking two "Miami Culinary Tours" with their Senior Epicurean Guide Mirka. First, I must say that Mirka's personality and passion (passion that I believe is for life itself) added to the total experience of the Little Havana and South Beach Culinary Tours! Second, at the end of these tours I was feeling as if I were a part of the Latin culture, I kid you not!

Mirka's passion about her cultural cuisine and life comes through as she provides a great educational experience in the Latin American scene. Not only did we taste the Latin foods of Little Havana and South Beach, we got a taste of Latin American art, the process of handmade American Cuban cigars, watched as fresh sugar cane was crushed to make juice that we tasted. Then a visit to a Latin Bar for both the entertainment and architecture history of the area, with optional drinks at one's own expense. Last was a visit to an ice cream shop, in which the Cuban owner's grandmother made and sold ice cream in Cuba.

Again Mirka was our guide in South Beach. In addition to the culinary tour in South Beach Miami we focused on the Art Deco architecture and how the area evolved to what it is today. Today South Beach is a high end trendy location for the young and mature alike, with sophistication, casualness, beach wear and sometimes almost no wear! A great location to taste the world and watch people go by.

I cannot imagine tasting what I will call a Latin empanada without Mirka nearby describing this item in detail. Mirka explained the making and contents and what flavors it exuded and I guarantee you that I began thinking that I possessed in my hands something of value, something rare, that should not just be eaten but must be caressed and savored like a fine bottle of French Champagne!

Mirka's ability to offer individuals with great "Miami Culinary Tours" surrounded with culture and history provide a great educational experience. Again, a wonderful guide, a passionate guide and I highly recommend this tour to anyone, including the locals! And one last thing... These tours definitely provide a full lunch.