“Eating my way through Miami!!!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
South Beach Cultural Food and Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 8 Food & Drink in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Miami Culinary Tours brings you everything South Florida’s culinary communities have to offer as well as the culture and tradition behind those doing the cooking. We organize Miami food tasting tours that not only showcase a particular type of cuisine, but also the culture and history behind it, giving tour participants the full story. The food tours in Miami are divided into different categories depending on cuisine and neighborhoods and offer foodies, both residents and visitors to the area, a chance to sample delicious dishes.
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Eating my way through Miami!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

If you're a foodie like me, I highly recommend going on this tour. It's over two hours of good eats and drinks where a guide a will take you to explore the foods and culture. The portions are a perfect tasting size where you can sample a variety of foods ranging from Cuban, Columbian, French, and Italian all in one tour. We had Lelani as our tour guide and I highly recommend her. She is very knowlegeable and has a great passion for food. If I'm back in the area again, I'd take another tour in a heart beat. They have a variety of tours to choose from and the one my hubby and I attended was in South Beach.

Peterborough, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Found this tour on the web while looking for things to do prior to sailing out on a cruise. We did the Saturday night SOBE tour. Everyone in the group had a wonderful time. This turned out to be the highlight of our trip even more than anything we experienced on the cruise. Gabriela was very informative, not only about the food but the South Beach history and how it came to be the place that it is. She shared some behind the scenes details and displayed a thorough knowledge of our stops along the way. It was also great to see how welcome our group was on each of the stops and on the street as many folks in the area said hello to Gabriela and by extension, our group. We even found parking nearby - in South Beach on a Saturday night! Next time - Little Havana!

Muelheim an der Ruhr, Germany
“Best experience to learn about very good food and the historic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The tours was a very good way to learn something about the food culture and the historic buildings at Miami South Beach. Teresa, our guide, was beautiful. She illustrated all things excellent. All food stops were fabolous. The taste of the food was at all stops famous. We will come back!!!

New Orleans, Louisiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Walking Tour Punctuated by Great Food and History”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I honestly cannot wait to go on another food tour on our next trip. The South Beach Culinary Tour was by far the highlight of Miami and one of the highlights of our honeymoon. We chose the dinner tour which included ceviche, refajo, plantains and empanadas, a mojito, beans, rice and beef, sweet bites and gelato in a walking tour around South Beach. We chose to go on the second day of our trip, but really wished we'd done it the first night because we wanted to go back to so many of the restaurants for an actual meal. In addition, my appreciation for the history, architecture, and people of South Beach was increased exponentially with the knowledge of the history behind so many of the quirks. The "small" plates were more than satisfying and walking around town and hearing the history was a wonderful way to avoid the overstuffed feeling of eating a large meal. We drank a significant amount but never felt more than pleasantly buzzed between the walking and eating.

The girl in the photo was our guide. She was enthusiastic, outgoing and had a little tidbit to add to any moment of waiting for a red light to change or for her tour to stop moaning over the food. She is very knowledgeable about the city and seems to really love sharing her knowledge with the people she exposes to the wonderful world of Miami's South Beach.

We ended up going back to two of the restaurants after the tour. I will drink refajo any time it is offered to me for the rest of my life, and I've been commission to learn to make the Colomian version of empanadas by my new husband (he ate SIX of them on our second visit to Bolivar, the restaurant that served them to us initially).

We loved this tour so much that we actually looked up whether a similar one is available in our hometown just to enjoy a night out. I will make it a point to book culinary tours in every city we travel to in the future.

Montreal, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Best way to discover Little Havana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went on the Saturday morning Little Havana tour. Our guide Mirka was lovely, very knowledgeable, and passionate about this neighborhood, its people, its history and its food.

This is a great example of a place you appreciate 10 times more when you have information about what you're seeing, hearing and tasting.

Really enjoyed the food, the explanations, the people, all in all a great 2 hours.

Tips: you will be more than full after this tour, so plan for a late dinner.