“Great Food Tour in South Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 176 activities in Miami
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Miami Culinary Tours brings you everything South Florida’s culinary communities have to offer as well as the culture and tradition behind those doing the cooking. We organize Miami food tasting tours that not only showcase a particular type of cuisine, but also the culture and history behind it, giving tour participants the full story. The food tours in Miami are divided into different categories depending on cuisine and neighborhoods and offer foodies, both residents and visitors to the area, a chance to sample delicious dishes.
Danville
5 attraction reviews
“Great Food Tour in South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Great idea, different types of food, exercise to walk it off and history of Miami. We had a group of 14 for our tour, people from all over. The different places we visited to have a bite to eat, were places that had a lot of variety and great food. I had read about one of the food tours and the reviewer complained about not having enough food - not here. We started eating a little after 12 and didn't stop until gelato at 2:45. It was really nice to have the background about the restaurant and the food's ethnic background presented.

What I hadn't really expected was the history of Miami and the Art Deco education that we got. I enjoyed her presentation than the Art Deco Tour we had later the same afternoon.

If we come back to Miami, I'd like to try the Cuban Food Tour next. I would suggest that a list of the restaurants and their addresses be given out. If you wanted to, you could take notes of where you wanted to come back and eat.

Visited January 2012

West Byfleet, United Kingdom
“Interesting and tasty way to spend an afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

So sorry, Grace, for leaving it more than a year to write my review!!

I visited Miami in December 2010 and attended Grace's South Beach/ Art Deco tour as a single traveller (on business from the UK, seeking to fill my weekend!) This was a great way to pass some time, see the sights of Miami as well as learning a lot about the culture, and sampling some great tastes. Plenty of food, all attendees were stuffed by the end of the tour - good value.

Grace added a great personality to the tour, and made sure I felt welcome as the only single person in the group - much appreciated. I have only done one other food tour (in New York) and the Miami one was streets ahead - highly recommended and I will definitely look into Grace's other tours if I return to Miami. Thanks!

Visited March 2011
miami beach
“"Must Do When Visiting South Beach"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My friends and I took a miami culinary tour on South Beach. Not only was the food excellent at each of our stops, but the jovial tour guide provided fascinating information about the history of Miami Beach, with an emphasis on Art Deco. We had a fantastic time and highly recommend to anyone visiting South Beach.

Aruba
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We booked the evening tour and met with our guide, Milka at the Colombian 'Ventana' restaurant at South Beach. The weather was fuzzy and Milka advised us to get an umbrella which we did, thankfully! When the other people arrived (6 couples in total) we began our tour and visit several restaurants where we had exquisite bites while all the time being narrated by Milka. Even though it was raining cats and dogs, we continue with our tour and kept walking and had a great time on the South Beach, Miami Culinary Tour ! Our group was very nice and we met participants from different part of the world. Our guide was extremely informative on all aspects, also on the bites we got to taste and walked us through Miami's past and present topped with the fabulous art deco history.
They have a great website and if you are planning to participate on this tour you need to wear comfortable shoes to walk for blocks and an umbrella or poncho just in case it would rain.
We had a fabulous time and would highly recommend this tour if you have adventurous taste buds and want to experience South Beach from a different angle !

Milwaukee, WI
“Excellent Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I can’t add a lot to the excellent reviews that have already been written. The number of restaurants in the area is a little overwhelming, so this tour was a great way to get a taste at several of them. It is a perfect combination of food and a little general information on the area. The tour was a highlight of our couple days in Miami.