“Not such a great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel Bianco

You added Motel Bianco to your Saves list
Motel Bianco
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5255 Biscayne Blvd. FL 33137, FL, 33137, Miami, FL 33137   |
Ranked #91 of 129 Hotels in Miami
London, United Kingdom
“Not such a great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The location was a big disappointment to me and my friend when we arrived here we didn't realise it was a $25 dollar taxi ride to south beach .. Or down town or shopping malls . It's in a quieter area. We stayed 6 nights and ended up spending alot of money on taxis !! The staff are friendly and helpful .. Rooms are spacious and cleaned everyday .. The choice of breakfast is very little !!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed with husband over the weekend,,,super friendly staff....from the front desk to the security guard,,,aaaaaamazing people. Very clean room,,free parking,,,everything was great,,,across burger king and other restaurants. Free continental breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

First, let's list the pros for this place:
- It's only a short drive from Miami Beach, Key Biscayne and other tourist attractions as well as the airport
- Our car remained intact in the parking lot (just outside our door)
- Sheets were clean and didn't spot any bugs in the room
- AC and fridge were working
The cons:
- We had a non-smoking room that smelled like the previous guest had smoked inside the room
- Old tube-tv and no wi-fi in the room
- The hood seemed quite suspicious, didn't want to wander outside after dark without a car
- There was a considerable amount of traffic noise from Biscayne blvd. Ear plugs recommended for sleeping.

Although the place served it's purpose as a place to sleep for a couple of nights, I'd go back here only if there wasn't any other options.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

WORST hotel experience I have ever had.

To begin with, the place is cheap for a reason. The motel is outdated, lots of bugs in the rooms. No wifi in the room either! Only in the lobby. In addition, there's no phone in the room, clock, heater, or even shampoo!

Now for the worst part. The hotel claims to have a safe parking lot with a security guard, but our car gotten broken into and VANDALIZED to an extent unimaginable. Multiple items were stolen, and over 5000 dollars of damage to the car was done. Windshield and window were smashed, doors dented. Complete vandalism under the security's supervision.

When the police came, they told us other cars had been stolen from this same lot this same week! The hotel said they have security and cameras to avoid such things, but the security guard didn't see or hear anything until I discovered the damages myself at 11AM! How can somebody that supposedly walks around the place every 15 minutes not hear or see such damages all night. Also, conveniently enough, the security cameras didn't work. I would be surprised if the security guard wasn't in on this.

When I started taking pictures of what happened, and the area that was suppose to be safe, the hotel manager offered me 50 dollars to keep my mouth shut and not leave bad reviews on the internet. Can you believe that? 50 dollar! Unbelievable.

Please do your self a favour and stay away from this place at all cost. These people are criminals.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

It was simply one of the worst experiences that I had at a hotel. I travel quite a bit, and this is the first review I've written. I felt like I needed to let folks know about my experience. Here were my problems:

1. It does not look like the pics. Its amazing what contemporary photography and photoshop can do. There is very little that is cute about this place.

2. The night I stayed, the Motel enticed a loud and violent crowd. Right outside my window there was a fight. At around 2am, there was such a violent domestic occurrence that I felt I couldn't leave the room. There was not a phone in the room. A woman broke the car window of her partner, kids were crying, the police were called. This continued until after 6am.

3. Even though we had a horrible night, the next morning the manager refused to discount our rate. We couldn't sleep all night. The manager was extremely rude and cheap.

4. The place had chipped paint and looked miserable. There was hair on our "clean sheets", the TV was old and the picture was bad. The window of our room was blocked by a loud soda machine (room 23).

I've travelled to Mexico, Haiti and various developing countries. Nothing compares to the lack of hospitality and respect that I dealt with at this Motel. I'm still working with Orbitz to prevent paying, wish me luck.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Libreville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My dream of visiting Miami was cut short when, the day before flying to Miami, I called Bianco Motel to confirm my arrival for the next day. After asking for my name, the lady (who didn't speak English fluently, but she was nice though) told me first that she couldn't find my reservation in the system. I insisted. I heard her talk to someone in spanish then she got back to me and said..."Sir you called yesterday to cancel your reservation.....???????!!!!!...when I told her that there was a mistake somewhere, she eventually asked me to call her back later because she needed to talk to her supervisor. Meanwhile, I checked my e-mail to find out a mail from the motel telling me that the roof collapsed on a guest and as a result they were going to relocate me to another motel.....I found all of this so weird. As I was traveling on a very tight budget I decided to cancel my trip to avoid be stranded in Miami. Will save a few bucks and make sure to book Sheraton next time and enjoy Miami in the best possible way.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
ashland, ky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The recent reviews had me a little worried, but really it is what it is....definitely a small room, but a huge bathroom (at least ours was), and who hangs out in the room anyway? Charming, clean, not a bug in sight, and the staff was never rude. The night shift lady does not speak great English, but we got along just fine. The morning lady was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is your standard bagels and cereal and yogurt and fruit, and I've seen much worse. The bed could've been firmer, but all in all it was quite adequate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel Bianco? Share your experiences!