“Charming budget motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel Bianco

You added Motel Bianco to your Saves list
Motel Bianco
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5255 Biscayne Blvd. FL 33137, FL, 33137, Miami, FL 33137   |
Ranked #75 of 111 Hotels in Miami
London
“Charming budget motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Clean, budget room, with aircon and wifi.

Breakfast was a pleasant surprise. They just get Dunkin Donuts, bagels, yogurt and juice delivered, but this was a welcome option given breakfast is often a $20 option in the US. Staff were friendly and helped us with laundry and tours.

We were in room 36 and the wifi was slow, but it perked up and worked fine as we got closer to the main building. Ask for a room there if you really need fast Internet.

Carpark is small and so you may have to park outside, but this is free and seemed safe.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

It is very close to the I-95 which makes it very accessible if you are driving a car, which we did. Easy to get to to everywhere from here, and then especially the lovely Miami Beach. The room was nice and neat as well as the whole motel complex. The staff is friendly but feel not quite ready to be of service. A small minus that the complementary Wifi is only accessible in the public areas and not in our room, especially if you have the far end corner room which we had. To access it, we had to step just right outside our door.

Room Tip: Have breakfast at Jimmy's East Side Diner just down the street at no. 7201!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a motel so you need to have those expectations in mind. I visited this motel for a one night stay in order to catch a concert at The Filmore. My needs were basic; inexpensive and clean and this hotel met those expectations. The area where the motel is located is a bit intimidating, but we were not there to visit that specific section of Biscayne Blvd. The plus was the free parking and we were lucky enough to park in the gated lot. There was a security officer which added a small layer of assurance. The bathroom in our room was very small, the tile in the shower stall could've use a little more bleach but overall it was, OK. The linens on the beds were basic but clean and no visible stains or tears. The A/C is very loud, so if you are a light sleeper you have been warned

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I found bugs in my room and wanted to leave. I requested a refund as the location is DIRTY and has bugs. They advised they could move me to another room. It's a small location if one room has bugs why wouldn't another? I spoke to Alfredo Mendez who was the hotel supervisor and he told me "It's Miami, the city has bugs". I requested his direct managers information to file a complaint and request my money back. He told me his name was Jose and he refused to provide a last name. He said he worked for Emporator Holdings and refused to provide any more information. He said if I wanted my money back I could "lawyer up"! This is the WORST customer service experience and the worst hotel experience I have ever had! They need to be shut down!

• Stayed July 2012
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I travel by car to South Florida fairly frequently and usually stay north of Miami to find reasonably priced accommodation (I live in Florida so I don't particular care about stay on a beach). I would usually consider one of the old style motel along main drags like Biscayne Blvd. (with visualizations of Bates Motel in your head). But the location and price were good and the online reviews seemed OK. So I took a chance for a weekend in June 2012. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and fine, though the air conditioner was a bit loud. The lobby has a renovated art deco look with a outdoor courtyard which is a nice place to eat the OK free breakfast. I wasn't sure about the area, especially at night, but it seemed fairly quite and gentrified. You need a car to stay here, and the has good and bad points. Good - centrally located and parking is free. Bad - parking is spread out among three small lots, the the one in the center of the motel full most of the time. I was a bit concerned about leaving my car in the two side lots at night, but I had no problems.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 36 which is not in the courtyard part of the motel. We liked it because it was a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place sucks! I had a room booked for me and my friends on my birthday. I called to ask what time was check-in and they told me my room was cancelled. I was told that I had been sent an email to notify me of this. When I checked later on it looked like SPAM which is why I ignored it. Regardless the email at been sent at 5am that morning! That's less than 12 hrs before check in! When I asked why the girl could not tell me and said I would have to call later to speak with the manager. When I did call later to speak with the manager, the girl would not give him the phone. She said there was nothing he could do for me since they did not charge me. That's a big fat lie because a was charged a small fee when I booked directly on their website. This was supposed to have been refunded upon check-in/check-out. She did try to find me a "comparable" room at another nearby motel because it was my birthday. I was furious, drove around in a bad neighborhood looking for other places to stay, and the place they found for me was crappy too. When I finally read the email that was sent to me from the manager supposedly, it was very unprofessional. He was clearly illiterate and/or barely knew any English. His excuse for cancelling my reservation was that some of the rooms' ceilings had collapsed. So either way this place could kill you because of it's poor structure! NEVER BOOK WITH MOTEL BIANCO!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Round Lake, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The hotel room was comfortable and just basic, thats why i say the room was pricey. The bathroom should have been cleaner and with more than just bath soap for the price. The staff was courteous and friendly, especially when we reached in the wee hours of morning our room was still kept for us which was a relief. The breakfast is nothing to write home about, I stayed in 2 other hotels during this trip and the breakfast provided here was nothing compared to the others. Hardly anything to eat except for bagels and donuts from Dunkin Donuts. So breakfast can be improved.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel Bianco? Share your experiences!