“Run for your life” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
boston
“Run for your life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

The place is a nightmare. First, the room was dirtier than anything I've ever seen. Even the sheets were dirty (wrinkled, stained, and smelly... unbelievable). the towels smelled so bad I could not bear to use them. There was a strong hospital smell throughout the place. Even the hallways are gross, full of dust with trash lying on the floor over many days.
Everything is built in the cheapest way possible - don't be fooled by the pretty pictures. The shower was falling appart. The mattress was completely beat up and so uneven I didn't sleep on any of the nights we stayed there due to the poor quality of the bed and the loud noises in the street. The room was on the groundfloor, sticking out in a parking lot despite my specifically asking for a room that would not be on the groundfloor, since it is not recommended to walk around this neighborhood at night. On top of that it was freezing cold, it was even colder than it was outside. We requested a little heather but no one ever took notice. It was such a disaster we left halfway through our stay to stay somewhere else.
The staff is extremely rude, dishonest and verbally abusive to customers. The person who handles the reservations shouted at me several times over the phone and finally hung up on me when I called to request that my security deposit be reimbursed. I was never given my deposit back even though we left the room exactly as we found it - they made up some fictional additional cleaning fee that they had already charged us previously. I intend on filing a complaint with the local court and tourism agency - this place should be shut down before other vacationers fall into the trap.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
TheLWord, manager at Fortuna House Apartments, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
The guest who reviewed the Fortuna House attempted to cancel her reservation the night before arriving. Our cancellation policy did not allow that we refund her money in full. She in turn wrote a false review about the property. We have an onsite housekeeping service here to serve guests 24/7. We are located in a nice quiet area in Downtown Miami. The cancellation policy is strict at the Fortuna House as it is a small property of only 20 apartments.
The guest was aware of the cancellation policy at the time of booking and it is unfortunate that she felt the need to write false statements about the Fortuna House because we only offered her a partial refund.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)

Been to Fortuna House Apartments? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fortuna House Apartments

Address: 432 NE 26 Street, Miami, FL 33137
Location: United States > Florida > Miami
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette
Ranked #6 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — Fortuna House Apartments 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Fortuna House Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fortuna House Apartments Hotel Miami

If you own or manage Fortuna House Apartments, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.