“LITTLE MIAMI GEM - PERFECT PRE -CRUISE LOCATION” 5 of 5 stars

Fortuna House Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   432 NE 26 Street, Miami, FL 33137   |
Ranked #13 of 36 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Homestead, Florida
“LITTLE MIAMI GEM - PERFECT PRE -CRUISE LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My family and I rented 3 rooms at the Fortuna House for a weekend stay before boarding a cruise at the Port of Miami. The location was perfect. We hopped in a cab and we were there in 5 minutes, its just a few blocks away. We found the parking to be really convenient at all times. We always found a spot along the street. The area was really close to everything as far as shops and restaurants. We really liked the Midtown Miami Shops that are a few blocks away and highly recommend the Sushi restaurant in there. We also enjoyed making breakfast in the kitchen in the apartment. All of our rooms were spotless, including dishes and pots. We checked it all and could tell this place was well taken care of. There were 2 ladies around all the time and they were very nice.
We all agreed we would come back again and felt very much at home in these cool little apartments. Its a real miami gem !!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Driving up to the Fortuna House Apartments I had a sense that perhaps this was a mistake and that I should had sought a higher level of lodging for our Miami stay. The " free" parking was in the street and there was no one to receive us or guide us to our room. Upon searching I found the wonderful proprietress cleaning another room on another floor. She guided us to our room and gave us our keys and was very helpful as to where the laundry and garbage were located. The room was early IKEA but was clean and cool and at the quiet back of the building. Very convenient to downtown Miami I have to say that at the end of my seven day stay I found the Fortuna to be an excellent choice for the budget minded traveler.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the building
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked a room at the Fortuna House on very short notice and my choice was a great one! I loved the local feel of the neighborhood and the street it is on. There was a nice mix of brand new skyscrapers along with some of the older buildings that had a lot of character too. Very eclectic mix ! I liked the Wynwood Arts area nearby as all of the warehouses had some beautiful artwork on them and had a really cool vibe and unique about it. The Fortuna House is half a block from Biscayne Blvd, where all the shops are, and I was able to catch public transportation right there quickly. The free Wi-Fi was fast and I was able to complete my business without even leaving the comfort of my room. Clean and comfortable, the Fortuna House was an experience I will remember and be sure to book with them again in the future!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Clermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The rooms were nice and clean, however when I pulled the sheets and covers back the and mattresses were horrible and a couple of them did not have a mattress pad on them. I complained to the general manager and she told me that they have never had a guest to check the mattresses. She went further to say that that they were talking about firing the housekeeper who had just started that day. That was not a housekeeping issue that was a management issue. Not only were the mattresses stained with only who knows what they were hard and a couple of them had holes around the seams. Also, they advertised free parking but did not say it was on the street and if you come in late good luck finding a spot. Could have been a nice place to stay if it wasn't for the nasty mattresses and parking.

• Stayed April 2014
Lakeland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The Fortuna house is a hidden secret of Miami. We are a family of 4 and on a small budget. Nice apartment type house that was very clean, but had small bathrooms. The ladies that run the place are very nice and helpful. There is 3 floor and had no elevator. New Ikea style furnishing. Walking distance to eat and the bus line was free to ride!!! Good value and a great place to stay before a cruise.

Stayed March 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our Miami friends recommended this place so we gave it a shot. They stayed here last month for a few weeks while waiting for their condo to be remodeled and said they were really comfortable. We felt like we were living like locals. It was on a quiet residential street with a beautiful bay view at the end of the block. We were really close to tons of cool things to do in the immediate area. Lots of local bars & hangouts.

PROS: loads of space,well equipped ( coffee pot,hairdryers, toiletries, microwave, stove, full fridge), good value for money considering location & the amount of space. CONS: No pool but the beach is nearby. Other than that this proved to be an fantastic base to explore South Beach & the Midtown Miami/ Wynwood Arts District.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The apartments are no doubt very good and very conveniently located however i would suggest to reconfirm your booking before coming down.

As it happened with me, I flew from charlotte to orlando and then drove from there to miami, my son got sick somewhere in between this 10 hour travel and I wanted to reach the hotel asap so that he can have some rest. But I was in for a rude shock, to my surprise when I reached there at night i was told that the room is not available due to some plumbing issue. i was suggested some places nearby at high costs.

In all I was stranded in the middle of the night with my sick 6 yr old boy and 9 months old girl. They did provide me accomodation the next day but again charged me on current rates (for 1 day) which were much higher instead of the rates I booked on.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fortuna House Apartments? Share your experiences!