“On the surface it is nice.” 2 of 5 stars

Fortuna House Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   432 NE 26 Street, Miami, FL 33137   |
Ranked #12 of 36 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Clermont
“On the surface it is nice.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The rooms were nice and clean, however when I pulled the sheets and covers back the and mattresses were horrible and a couple of them did not have a mattress pad on them. I complained to the general manager and she told me that they have never had a guest to check the mattresses. She went further to say that that they were talking about firing the housekeeper who had just started that day. That was not a housekeeping issue that was a management issue. Not only were the mattresses stained with only who knows what they were hard and a couple of them had holes around the seams. Also, they advertised free parking but did not say it was on the street and if you come in late good luck finding a spot. Could have been a nice place to stay if it wasn't for the nasty mattresses and parking.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Lakeland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The Fortuna house is a hidden secret of Miami. We are a family of 4 and on a small budget. Nice apartment type house that was very clean, but had small bathrooms. The ladies that run the place are very nice and helpful. There is 3 floor and had no elevator. New Ikea style furnishing. Walking distance to eat and the bus line was free to ride!!! Good value and a great place to stay before a cruise.

Stayed March 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our Miami friends recommended this place so we gave it a shot. They stayed here last month for a few weeks while waiting for their condo to be remodeled and said they were really comfortable. We felt like we were living like locals. It was on a quiet residential street with a beautiful bay view at the end of the block. We were really close to tons of cool things to do in the immediate area. Lots of local bars & hangouts.

PROS: loads of space,well equipped ( coffee pot,hairdryers, toiletries, microwave, stove, full fridge), good value for money considering location & the amount of space. CONS: No pool but the beach is nearby. Other than that this proved to be an fantastic base to explore South Beach & the Midtown Miami/ Wynwood Arts District.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The apartments are no doubt very good and very conveniently located however i would suggest to reconfirm your booking before coming down.

As it happened with me, I flew from charlotte to orlando and then drove from there to miami, my son got sick somewhere in between this 10 hour travel and I wanted to reach the hotel asap so that he can have some rest. But I was in for a rude shock, to my surprise when I reached there at night i was told that the room is not available due to some plumbing issue. i was suggested some places nearby at high costs.

In all I was stranded in the middle of the night with my sick 6 yr old boy and 9 months old girl. They did provide me accomodation the next day but again charged me on current rates (for 1 day) which were much higher instead of the rates I booked on.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This place was perfect for our weekend getaway! We were just 1 mile from the Arena , Bayfront Park & Bayside Shops.

We enjoyed having free parking and took the free Miami Trolley to the Arena.

We are definitely coming back to Ultra this year since its so close. Our group of 4 slept very comforatably. The apartment was decorated really nice and modern. We were given ample towels and linens and the staff was really nice. The place was very quiet and relaxing and the price was great! Lots of space and value for your money. Location A- PLUS!

• Stayed March 2014
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We came down from Naples and I can honestly say this was a surprise. The location was great! Parking free and really convenient. The area, the people, and the ambiance really set the mood for a real South Florida vacation. The rooms had a modern feel and were really comfortable and clean. Makes you feel like home, but nicer. The staff was very nice and polite. There was a beautiful bay view at the end of the street that we enjoyed in the evenings. The Latin community was exotic, especially the food! Fortuna House made it possible to find great accomodations for an extremely good price. The manager explained everything we needed and wanted to know about the apartment and the area. All in all, I can say hands down, my husband and I had a wonderful stay here. I would highly recommend this place to friends and family for an ultimate Miami getaway!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Springville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great place and great location. Affordable and clean. A very kind lady greeted me and took the time to show me the three studios available at the time and let me choose. All of them were great. Perfect for short and long stays. Walk to the end of the street at night for a visual treat. Will stay here again!

Stayed January 2014