“No Contigency Plan” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Charlotte, North Carolina
“No Contigency Plan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The apartments are no doubt very good and very conveniently located however i would suggest to reconfirm your booking before coming down.

As it happened with me, I flew from charlotte to orlando and then drove from there to miami, my son got sick somewhere in between this 10 hour travel and I wanted to reach the hotel asap so that he can have some rest. But I was in for a rude shock, to my surprise when I reached there at night i was told that the room is not available due to some plumbing issue. i was suggested some places nearby at high costs.

In all I was stranded in the middle of the night with my sick 6 yr old boy and 9 months old girl. They did provide me accomodation the next day but again charged me on current rates (for 1 day) which were much higher instead of the rates I booked on.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This place was perfect for our weekend getaway! We were just 1 mile from the Arena , Bayfront Park & Bayside Shops.

We enjoyed having free parking and took the free Miami Trolley to the Arena.

We are definitely coming back to Ultra this year since its so close. Our group of 4 slept very comforatably. The apartment was decorated really nice and modern. We were given ample towels and linens and the staff was really nice. The place was very quiet and relaxing and the price was great! Lots of space and value for your money. Location A- PLUS!

• Stayed March 2014
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We came down from Naples and I can honestly say this was a surprise. The location was great! Parking free and really convenient. The area, the people, and the ambiance really set the mood for a real South Florida vacation. The rooms had a modern feel and were really comfortable and clean. Makes you feel like home, but nicer. The staff was very nice and polite. There was a beautiful bay view at the end of the street that we enjoyed in the evenings. The Latin community was exotic, especially the food! Fortuna House made it possible to find great accomodations for an extremely good price. The manager explained everything we needed and wanted to know about the apartment and the area. All in all, I can say hands down, my husband and I had a wonderful stay here. I would highly recommend this place to friends and family for an ultimate Miami getaway!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Springville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great place and great location. Affordable and clean. A very kind lady greeted me and took the time to show me the three studios available at the time and let me choose. All of them were great. Perfect for short and long stays. Walk to the end of the street at night for a visual treat. Will stay here again!

Stayed January 2014
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Great stay at the Fortuna House Apartments. My sister, her boyfriend, my boyfriend and myself stayed here for 6 days (one being New Years Day). This time of year is one of Miamis busiest and most expensive time of year to visit. We found that for the location (close to the highway to get to Miami beach/night life ectect, a 30 second walk to the bay and a great view and restaurants/bars close by) we paid a very fair price!

Not only a great price and location, but very clean! Which is a huge plus!

I want to specify and say that this next part is not a complaint at all: We had drove from New Jersey over night non-stop (22 hours) and reserved the night before we were planning on getting to the apartments so we could go right to sleep. Half way through our drive we got and email saying that a water pipe had broke in our room and it might effect the time we could check in. Being optimists we decided to just play it by ear and take care of the situation when we arrived. When we got there at 8am, there was not a room available until 12pm for us. Of course this was worst case scenario but again we made the best of it and got breakfast (and beers of course!) and sat near the bay until we could check in.

The lady who rents the apartments out, Esther was glad to give us a refund for that night and was very apologetic. We are very happy that everything worked out because we will definitely be keeping Fortuna house apartments in mind every time I travel back to the Miami area and I will be recommending it to anyone.
I hope this review does not discourage anyone from staying because I think it says something about a place where the people are honest and accomidating and willing to make people happy.

Onilda the house keeper was a very nice woman, she was very helpful and sweet.

I read reviews before booking this place and almost all of them were positive which was a huge factor why I had booked our stay here. So hopefully I can help someone else out searching for a place to stay in Miami. Enjoy!

Thanks again Esther and Onilda!

• Stayed January 2014
Orlando, F
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Cute little building in FANTASTIC LOCATION! I can’t stress the location enough. First of all, to even find free parking in Miami anymore is virtually impossible anymore but at the Fortuna House we were able to park conveniently and absolutely FREE. Granted, we were there for 1 week so there were days we parked directly in front of the building and there were days when we walked a little further down the street to park but all in all it was easy enough. Other than that the rooms were spotless, immaculate at that. This place is kept really nice and it shows. We often ran into 2 English speaking personnel and 1 Spanish speaker. They were all really nice and cheery. I give it a THUMBS UP !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Miramar, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed at Fortuna for 4 weeks; it's a lovely building with friendly people. It's very homey and warm with the ocean or some other picturesque huge body of water only 30 seconds away for the most pleasant evening walks. The lady that runs the building is very amicable and responsive. Parking is easy and available at all hours of the day and night and over all it was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend Fortuna for anyone looking for a conveniently located clean place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fortuna House Apartments? Share your experiences!