“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Miami, Florida, United States
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I relocated to Miami for a new job and stayed at the Fortuna House for just over two months. The apartments are exceptionally well run, clean, with all the amenities you'll need. It was easy for me to get in touch with the managers any time I had a question and I was answered within minutes. The location is great and close to everything (grocery, restaurants, beaches, airport etc). I didn't have a car for two weeks and was able to walk, bike, or take the city bus to most places. I'm so happy to have made the choice to stay here while I searched for a permanent home. I highly recommend that you stay if you are considering it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

It's a nice and cozy good place to stay on vaca and the location is good 5 min to Miami beach and parking was easy no hassle the housekeeper was very nice she always ask if we was ok i would recommend to a freind

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Nice place and friendly staff, would recommend staying here again. Worked at Jackson Hospital for 1 month in the neurosurgery dept. while staying here; need to rent a car if doing the same as it is not a walkable distance. Washers/Dryers on site, fully furnished with towels and kitchen supplies. Landlady very nice and always present. Parking out front on side of street (can be difficult around 5pm). Owners go out of their way to make this a great place to stay. Excellent location in downtown Miami on 26th and Biscayne. 5 minutes from SoBe, 5 minutes from Downtown, 5 minutes from Jackson Hospital. 1 minute walk to the bay from where you are staying. Has the "Miami" feel to it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I and 2 teenage boys stayed at the Fortuna House for 2 1/2 months while we were waiting for our condo (short sale) to close. We really needed to be in a place that offered the flexibility and allowed us to extend our stay as needed since we had no idea when we were closing on our new property.
The Fortuna House offered us just that and more.. It was really super!
We then came back for another short stay (2 weeks) while waiting for our bathroom to be renovated.
We feel like the Fortuna House is our second home. We were treated very well. The kitchen was fully stocked and both apartments we stayed in were very clean. We got to see 8 different apartments before selecting the ones we did. They were all beautiful but we let the boys pick them. Parking is a major plus.
No hassles and its free. Now that we are in our permanent home we know that we will always have a place to send friends and family when we are out of space. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I will definitely stay here again. Loved the location, great walking places and parks close to the water and plenty of fabulous restaurants very close. Esther was incredibly responsive and very easy to work with.
There is an onsite property manager who was very sweet and welcoming, she showed me about 5 or 6 apartments and I was able to choose the one I liked most. The kitchen was stocked with everything needed to cook meals when we wanted. A great place, and everyone very helpful, can't wait for the next time!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oregon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Fortuna House Apartments is a great value for downtown Miami. It's in a quiet, residential neighborhood IN downtown Miami. All the rooms are stylish and comfortable. (I was shown the available rooms and got to choose which one I wanted to stay in!) The onsite manager was very kind, welcoming and helpful. It was easy to get wherever I needed to go in Miami (Miami Beach, downtown, Vizcaya Gardens & Museum, Key Biscayne, Little Havana, etc.). I felt safe going running or for a walk anytime of day/night. Lots of great, diverse, inexpensive restaurants in the area. Again, a great value for the price and prime location!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I inquired about the dates. The owner was slightly pushy about the dates. I checked in and discovered someone screaming in the apartment next door. I reported to American Express and left a message with the owner with no response. It took 2 weeks to release my deposit. The proprietor told me that she would release funds if I reversed my complaints with American Express. Be sure to read all the fine print before signing the agreement.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Fortunahouse, General Manager at Fortuna House Apartments, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
When you called us to check availability last November, unfortunately we were fully occupied for the first 2 nights you had inquired about. You decided to book the nights that we did in fact have available. The day after you checked in you called us to say that your friend offered you a free place to stay and that you wanted a refund for your stay with us. You mentioned the couple that had been arguing next door the night before. We informed you that they had moved out in the morning & also asked you why you did not complain to management as we had not received any noise complaints from any tenants. We informed you that our rental policy states that cancellation or shortened lengths of stay does not warrant a refund of rent. You stated that you would contact Amex for a refund. We then emailed you the online agreement you had agreed to prior to booking. After you reviewed our cancellation policy you cancelled your refund attempt through Amex because you realized that you had agreed to our terms and conditions. Your security deposit was refunded within 2 weeks, as this is the average time it takes for credit card companies to process the transaction.

Been to Fortuna House Apartments? Share your experiences!