“Fortuna House” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   432 NE 26 Street, Miami, FL 33137   |
Ranked #12 of 36 Specialty Lodging in Miami
“Fortuna House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I will definitely stay here again. Loved the location, great walking places and parks close to the water and plenty of fabulous restaurants very close. Esther was incredibly responsive and very easy to work with.
There is an onsite property manager who was very sweet and welcoming, she showed me about 5 or 6 apartments and I was able to choose the one I liked most. The kitchen was stocked with everything needed to cook meals when we wanted. A great place, and everyone very helpful, can't wait for the next time!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Oregon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Fortuna House Apartments is a great value for downtown Miami. It's in a quiet, residential neighborhood IN downtown Miami. All the rooms are stylish and comfortable. (I was shown the available rooms and got to choose which one I wanted to stay in!) The onsite manager was very kind, welcoming and helpful. It was easy to get wherever I needed to go in Miami (Miami Beach, downtown, Vizcaya Gardens & Museum, Key Biscayne, Little Havana, etc.). I felt safe going running or for a walk anytime of day/night. Lots of great, diverse, inexpensive restaurants in the area. Again, a great value for the price and prime location!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I inquired about the dates. The owner was slightly pushy about the dates. I checked in and discovered someone screaming in the apartment next door. I reported to American Express and left a message with the owner with no response. It took 2 weeks to release my deposit. The proprietor told me that she would release funds if I reversed my complaints with American Express. Be sure to read all the fine print before signing the agreement.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Fortunahouse, General Manager at Fortuna House Apartments, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
When you called us to check availability last November, unfortunately we were fully occupied for the first 2 nights you had inquired about. You decided to book the nights that we did in fact have available. The day after you checked in you called us to say that your friend offered you a free place to stay and that you wanted a refund for your stay with us. You mentioned the couple that had been arguing next door the night before. We informed you that they had moved out in the morning & also asked you why you did not complain to management as we had not received any noise complaints from any tenants. We informed you that our rental policy states that cancellation or shortened lengths of stay does not warrant a refund of rent. You stated that you would contact Amex for a refund. We then emailed you the online agreement you had agreed to prior to booking. After you reviewed our cancellation policy you cancelled your refund attempt through Amex because you realized that you had agreed to our terms and conditions. Your security deposit was refunded within 2 weeks, as this is the average time it takes for credit card companies to process the transaction.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed here at the Fortuna House Apartments about 10 days.
Esther and Onalinda were able to get me an adorable, very clean choice of 3 different available partments at a moments notice.
The business part through Esther was quick, straight to the point and exactly how smoothly everyone wishes things could go through.
The hospitality part from Onalinda was amazingly heartwarming and sweet.
What a wonderfully helpful, adorable person. She is the type that would give you her last of anything.
A motherly type, a caring, beautiful soul. Seeing her each day brought a smile to my face.
The apartment was as white and modern as it could be. Adorbaly decorated in an IKEA theme and very clean. The room let in the sunlight perfectly and the A/C was one I would love to have at my home!
The kitchen area was so cute and it provided everything I needed to live off of comfortably.
The place is perfect all around. Even the outside of the building was new looking and very sound. There was a water view just a glance to the right from the front porch! Free parking where you could view your car from a window also!
I even met the sweet neighbor with the bunny and little girls.
I will be returning in 3 months for another 10 day stay and will definately book another adorable room with Fortuna House Apartments!
I would rate this 5 stars and will always stay here in the future if possible!
Thank you Esther and Onalinda! You are great women!!!

AJ (Portland Oregon).

• Stayed March 2012
fortunaapts, Manager at Fortuna House Apartments, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
I am so glad we had 3 clean and nicely decorated apartments to show you when you arrived so that you could really get a feel for the place and pick the one that you felt most comfortable in. I suppose since you liked them all and you were recovering from surgery the first floor unit was the best choice and I am glad it was available that day. It was really great to finally be able to meet you on your last day with us. We had been emailing throughout your stay touching base with you on how you were doing but it was nice to be able to put a face to the person. Thankfully our onsite housekeeper was there all the time to be able to assist you in whatever you needed. That was really sweet of you to acknowledge what a kind and generous person she is. Our guests are like her children and you experienced the kindness from her that you so deserved as you are an amazing person yourself and treated her so graciously. It was so nice of you to leave her flowers and chocolate. She was so happy! We all really appreciate that. I am happy that you enjoyed the kitchen and it was comfortable for you to cook in there every day. Thanks for leaving us all that amazing food. We are still eating it! Glad you enjoyed sitting out on the porch and balconies. There is always a great breeze up there because we are only 1/2 block from Biscayne Bay and you can surely catch a glimpse of the water. If you walk down to the end of the block next time you come back you can walk on the beautiful boardwalk behind the new skyscraper there and the views are just stunning. Pleased to hear that you found the parking so convenient. That's a really big deal for us in Miami since parking can be quite challenging in certain areas. We are both really looking forward to having you back in 3 months. I wish you a speedy recovery and thank you again for all your kinds words.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We recently stayed here for a week during WMC/Ultra Music Festival, couldnt have worked out better!
We were able to walk to the event or pay a $6 cab fare everyday to Bayside Marina.
Theres a little liquor/grocery store conviniently located right around the corner so you can stock the fridge.
The apartment was nice and tidy and we were greeted by the sweetest house keeper Onilda, who made us feel right at home.
Esther touched basis with me frequently and was super helpful prior/post our stay.
Overall I have no complaints, if youre looking for a cozy low key spot to stay in a city full of hustle and bustle, fortuna house apartments is it!
Thanks for making my first trip to Miami a pleasant one!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
fortunaapts, Manager at Fortuna House Apartments, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
You are so welcome and I am happy we are a part of your beautiful Miami memories.
Thank you to you and your friends for staying with us and leaving the room so tidy. I am so happy you were able to get to the American Airlines Arena so quickly and for only $6. The housekeeper was happy to have you and said you were a pleasure to have around and was happy to serve you. Hope to see again for Ultra next year!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I arrived the night before I had to start a new job and everything was perfect and clean. Parking was easy and I liked the neighborhood. Esther emailed me several times to make sure I was OK. I was in the back which was very nice and quiet with a nice courtyard view. When other units became available she asked if I would like a higher floor (so many places would not want to be bothered with extra cleaning!) This place really helped take the stress out of a crazy first week of work. deposit was refunded promptly. I highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
I am so pleased to hear that you had an incredible stay and that we were able to make your move stress free before your first day of work. Glad to hear that everything was as clean as you had expected too. The parking here is quite painless and I am glad it went smoothly for you and that you liked the neighborhood. How great that you were able to find a larger two bedroom apartment right down the street . Hopefully that means we will be seeing more of you! Thank you for appreciating the fact that we checked in with you frequently to see if you were happy in your room. It really is important to us that everyone is happy and has a clean, comfortable and peaceful space to relax in. We realize that some people prefer to be on the ground floor since the building is a walk-up and there are some folks that prefer going upstairs, so in light of that we wanted to make sure that all options were open to you. We appreciate you acknowledging the fact that we were eager to switch your room regardless of the extra cleaning expense to us. Thank you. Your ultimate comfort is what means most to us and I am pleased that you were happy in the original ground floor unit we assigned you to. It does have a lovely and serene courtyard view. That is great that your refund processed quickly. The processing company can sometimes take up to 2 weeks but yours went out a bit quicker thankfully. Good luck in your new job and new apartment!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I want to recommend, Fortuna House, an amazing place, clean, nice, and great ambience. they treat you as a family,.
If you visit Miami, visit Fortuna House, was an amazing and charming experience.

Great for Families or singles, great location all accesible.
Higly recommended.
Thanks to Fortuna house for all your attentions.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great, and charming.