““The best vacation rental for the money! Best Location for the money!”” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fortuna House Apartments

Save Saved
You added Fortuna House Apartments to your Saves list
Fortuna House Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   432 NE 26 Street, Miami, FL 33137   |
Ranked #5 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
New York City, New York
““The best vacation rental for the money! Best Location for the money!””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I booked this vacation rental blindly. Didn't know the area, just knew it was in downtown Miami & was near the Port of Miami. I didn't know it was THAT close to the Port of Miami, as well as Bayside (shops and dining)...AND a few blocks from the American Airlines Arena!!! So we were able to walk to dinner and then score some last minute tickets to watch game 3 playoffs of the Heat vs Bulls! The rooms were clean and artfully decorated. Was able to get a parking spot free right out front. Never had to worry about parking again. Just walked. I think there may have been one other couple on the top floor with us. Zero hallway noise throughout the stay. All I can say is...WOWl!!! It was more than I expected! The Fortuna Housel is PERFECT, the staff is really helpful and sympathetic, comfy beds, super clean rooms .
Next year I´m staying there FOR SURE!!

Room Tip: Book early and book often!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fortunahouse, Manager at Fortuna House Apartments, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
We are so happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by the Fortuna House! We are a really small boutique apartment building which is comprised of a lot of short term and long term tenants so things are really quiet all the time around here. People most often book at the Fortuna House because of the ideal location and proximity to the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, Downtown Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, and South Beach. Finding a great location at an affordable price is always a plus and we pride ourselves in being the most affordable housing complex in the area. We are pleased that our location worked out perfectly for you and that you appreciated a good value. We were so delighted to have you and your wife with us before your voyage to sea on your cruise with Royal Caribbean. Great to hear you were able to catch a Miami Heat game last minute too. Very exciting! It’s always nice to hear that you loved your apartment and that is was comfortable and more than you had expected. That is what we work so hard for and It’s nice to know that all the love and attention we put into these accomodations have been kindly noted and appreciated ! We are really looking forward to seeing you and your wife again next year and will welcome you again with open arms. Thanks so much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed at the Fortuna House for a 1 month stay as I was doing a medical rotation at Jackson Memorial Hospital nearby. The building was in a great location as I was easily able to get to the hospital quickly. The parking was very convenient and it was also only 5 minutes from South Beach. The apartment looked like it had just been renovated and everything was extremely clean and comfortable. The manager that lived there was really helpful in answering all my questions and she was really sweet and gracious. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a short term stay in the downtown Miami area.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your kind review. I know you are really busy medical student so thanks for taking the time to post your views on your stay at the Fortuna House. Because we are only 2 miles away from Jackson Memorial Hospital , the University of Miami Medical Center , Bascom Palmer Eye Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital we have a large number of guests such as yourself at the Fortuna House that come here to do medical rotations at these local area hospitals. So I am sure you felt right at home with us! I am glad you found the parking really easy and convenient too. We are glad you appreciated all the new renovations that had gone into your apartment and that you found everything clean and comfortable. We are looking forward to seeing you again after graduation when you will one day return to Miami on vacation!
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

It looked great on line and I loved the idea of being right in the Design District, right off Biscayne Boulevard, near the Beach and in a fun community. We hit it! The Fortuna House is intimate, cozy, fun and the people I met were fantastic! Wonderful water pressure, comfortable surroundings, well-kept, the most amazing Houskeeper ever, great neighbourhood Bar/Restaurant: The Latin Cafe and exceptional Peruvian food close by at Sabor a Peru. I cannot say how convenient and easy and again fun the experience was for four months at The Fortuna House, but will be back to visit in the months to come! Thumbs up and a tremendous experience! Lively and tres Miami - wonderful ambiance and lovely Tenants / Guests! MJD, Tucson, Arizona

Room Tip: Renovated rooms/ later sunlight.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

My friends and I rented out 6 apartments at the Fortuna House in April, for 2 weeks.

All the rooms were very clean, well-stocked, and very comfortable. The staff was always available to help, and were very pleasant. The parking was super-easy and free!

The location was absolutely perfect, central to EVERYTHING. All 15 of us wanted to thank you for treating us so kindly, and giving us some amazing memories of Miami, that we will always cherish.

• Stayed April 2011
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

These are great value apartments in the heart of Midtown with easy access to everywhere. Worked out better and less expensive without renting a car and just using cabs--within waling distance to Designer District, shops, restaurants and clubs/bars, or short taxi ride, easy to get to SoBe, dowtown and metro.
These are self catering apartments, not fancy, but very clean and functional. Very Ikea style in furnishings with all one would need, enough space and all appliances, comfortable beds, tastefully if simply decorated and most of all great value for money. The manager of the property, Esther is very kind and goes out of her way to solve any issues. During our stay a water main burst and she immediately brought in a plumbing service. Water was restored quickly and things were back to normal.

Room Tip: Room 22 quiet with a sunset view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I really enjoyed myself. I like the cleanliness. Esther was very helpful and so nice. She went above and beyond for us. I was bummed in the beginning there was no cable televisions but we ended up not watching much tv anyway, and my boyfriend wanted to hook his play station up so we could watch dvds but there was no way to the tvs. The noise level was good compared to what my other friends complained about in their stays. The decoration was amazing. I really enjoyed myself and would definetley advise people to stay there. We were in walking distance to the arena and we walked to the Hawks and Spurs game. It was very fun. I enjoyed myself and really appreciate Esther and staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
fortunaapts, Manager at Fortuna House Apartments, responded to this review, March 27, 2011
We are so pleased that you had a great time at the Fortuna House and that you were able to walk to the basketball game at the American Airlines Arena. I apologize that you were not able to find the Tv program you were looking for on our Cable Tv network. Also, some of our Tvs do have a Dvd and playstation hookup and some do not so make sure on your next visit that you request a room that has it. It was amazing having you with us and we hope to see you again next year.
Mainz, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

When we arrived we got a room which wasn't our favourite. But it wasn't a problem to change. That was very nice.
The housekeeper Onilda was too kind. She live in the house. You can ask her all day long.
We stayed in Room 22 which is nicely furnished.
The internet connection is perfect. High-speed!
The house is very near to the airport. So you'll hear the planes. But you're in the middle of a big city. You can't expect to stay in a quite area.
The house is close to "Wynwood Art District of Miami". A very cool upcoming area with lot's of galeries.
Conclusion: Everthing was all very fine.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fortuna House Apartments? Share your experiences!