“Thriller speedboat ride was a thrill!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thriller Boat Tour

Thriller Boat Tour
401 Biscayne Blvd., Bayside Market Place, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)
+1 305-371-3278
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 264 Activities in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Type: Boat tours, Boat Tours & Water Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Sit back and hold on while on our 45 minute tour which takes you through the beautiful waters of Miami & out into the Atlantic Ocean to view South Beach at speeds of est 50MPH - Use promo code - TRIP to get $10 off for the month of September & October.
seattle, washington
5 attraction reviews
“Thriller speedboat ride was a thrill!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We're in Miami for a conference and coincidentally for my birthday. Did the usual shopping/restaurant/South Beach stuff, which was nice, but I thought something different for my birthday would be fun. Saw the Thriller speedboat while walking through Bayside Park and thought, that's it! So we spontaneously bought tickets, which are a bit pricey at $35 a person, but it was totally worth it. Wild-driving Captain Dan and young Trey the hilarious tour guide made the ride so much fun and truly memorable! Fast rockin' ride with wind and salt spray (put your hat in your lap!) out on the ocean, fun bouncy hip-hop music, great narration and funny jokes, yes, even the tour of the homes of the rich and famous was a hoot. A fabulous way to celebrate my 51st birthday... made me feel young again! :-)

Another reviewer mentioned (rather nastily) the crew asking for tips. That's a much-relied-upon source of income in the hospitality industry, which doesn't pay its workers jack. If you have fun and are treated well, tipping is part of how you say thanks. And Captain Dan and Trey more than earned theirs today!

Highly recommended activity! You should go! :-)

Visited December 2012

San Diego, CA
“Fast and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Saw this business on a CNN segment about successful small businesses. My in-laws live in Miami and we are there often but had never heard of it. I booked the tour online which saved me $3 per person. I was concerned about the Bayside Market location which is as cheesy and touristy as it gets. The tour was excellent. The guide was funny and the ride really was a thriller. My 10 year old loved it. I saw some reviews that it was too short, but we were happy with the 45 minute time. It didn't take up too much of our day. We will do it again in the future.

Suisse
10 attraction reviews
“Nice feeling, too short”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We experienced this boat trip as we wanted to get great sensation of the Miami Vice type of experience and at the same time, see South Beach and star houses. We did but I thought that the visit to star islands was too short. Otherwise, very nice atmosphere and great feeling.

Visited November 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Fun, short, speedboat ride through Miami bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We purchased a groupon which was half price and included a picture. The ride was fast and the guide was funny and pointed out some interesting sights in the bay. Music was also very lively.
I would take visiting family on the ride again.

Ohio
13 attraction reviews
“Is not what you might hope for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Wanted to fly across water at amazing speeds but instead got a tour of rich peoples homes. Not what we signed up for. When asked about going fast was told other boat in shop. We were on the advertised Thriller boat! They beg for tips which is a big turnoff. Actually walk through boat with bucket to collect. They could leave tip bucket at exit and tney may have gotten some!