“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Moderna Miami

Save Saved
You added Casa Moderna Miami to your Saves list
Casa Moderna Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly Tempo Miami) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #18 of 131 hotels in Miami
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed in the Casa Moderna at the end of a cruise for 3 nights which was to celebrate my birthday. We booked direct with the hotel website and got a great deal on the advanced booking. We emailed the hotel before we went to see if they could help us with an early check-in and told them it was my 30th birthday. We arrived at 9.30am and once I told them my name both members of staff at reception remembered my booking, said Happy birthday to me and explained they had arranged for our room to be ready. The room itself was HUGE and gorgeous, it was on the corner at the 11th floor and had amazing views of the port and the arena. There is a building site opposite at the moment where they are building an Art Museum but the voice is small and as we were on a high floor we looked straight over it. Once it's built I'm sure it will add to the attraction of this hotel.
We settled in for about an hour when a big piece of chocolate cake arrived with Happy Birthday written in chocolate sauce and a card from the Casa staff. It was a wonderful suprise and made the stay a little extra special.
We ordered breakfast through Room service on 2 days, it was prompt and tasty. We visited the hotel restaurant once - the food was very nice, high quaity, and good service.
On the last day we asked for a slightly later check-out and they were happy to give us an extra hour. As our flight home wasn't until the evening they allowed us use of the pool and spa facilities for as long as we needed and also stored our suitcases. The spa facilities were very high quality and to be able to use them at no extra cost was super.
Overall the hotel, facilities, location and food were excellent. The staff made our experience extra special. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. If we are every lucky enough to go back to Miami this would be my first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, the views are great of the cruise ships coming in and out. We stayed in 1107...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth B, Public Relations Manager at Casa Moderna Miami, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you Sarah for honoring us by staying at Casa Moderna on such an important occasion, your 30th birthday celebration. Customer Service is our first priority and for us to be your first choice when traveling back to Miami is wonderful to hear, we want all guests to have their “experience extra special” If we can assist with anything please contact us at concierge@casamodernamiami.com and Happy Belated birthday from all of us at Casa Moderna Miami.

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I picked this hotel for our pre-cruise for my family of 4. The reason we booked this hotel is because they had 2 Queen beds, not 2 double beds.

We arrived at the Casa Moderna at approximately 9:45am on a Friday morning. Our flight landed around 9am. I had requested early arrival and had confirmed the week prior. They had a room available immediately if we would pay an upgrade of $50.00 (I knew there would be a charge for early arrival). We were exhausted and both said “YES”. The upgrade was a suite which came with a King bed, a double bed for the boys and two bathrooms! We also had a view of the turning basin. Awesome!!

The bathrooms are a bit strange. There are no doors on them. But, I knew this going in and we dealt with it. You really couldn't see into the bathrooms with the floor plan of the Suite.

In the afternoon we went to the pool. There are two pools. One pool is in the sun and has very nice loungers around it. The other pool was an endless pool, had a covering and has a fantastic view of the Cruise Port and Turning Basin. There is a lot of construction across the way, but, it didn’t bother me. At around 4pm we watched a steady supply of cruise ships leave the Cruise Port. There is also a small cocktail bar near one of the pools that we purchased some adult beverages at.

The hotel was nice. I don’t think it was amazing; their restaurant was a bit overpriced and service was extremely slow. But overall, we liked the room, the beds, the view and the location. There was a BP gas station one block away where we purchased our water bottles to bring on board, a replacement pair of sunglasses for my son (he left them at the Bayside) and some better coffee on Saturday morning. I would stay there again for these reasons.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth B, Public Relations Manager at Casa Moderna Miami, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at Casa Moderna. Being less than two miles from the Port of Miami makes us a perfect location pre & post cruises. We appreciate all feedback and we will be sure our service is prompt in all areas of the hotel. If we can assist with anything please contact us at concierge@casamodernamiamia.com
Montréal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We spent two days before a cruise. The hotel is very beautiful and very well located. We have dinner at the restaurant one evening. The food is fantastic, but the incredibly slow service. At breakfast , however, everything was perfect. It is a hotel that I would recommend and I will surely return.

VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked at the Casa Moderna quite a while ago. Honestly, a week before our stay I almost canceled it after reading so many bad reviews. I am so glad I kept the reservation. I loved everything about it. The location was fantastic. We went to see a show at the Arsht Center and it is only a couple blocks away. We took a short cab ride to Jungle Island. We were going on a cruise after our stay and we could see our ship from our nice-sized balcony. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was awesome. It had a huge tub, fairly big shower, double vanity, and a separate room with a toilet and bidet. There was also a TV in the mirror. It had a separate sink with a coffeemaker. The walk-in closet was super. I sent an email to the concierge before our visit to ask a question and they responded in less than 5 minutes. There is construction. I looked past it and saw my ship. The price was very reasonable as compared to other cities we have stayed in. We ate breakfast at Amuse and I found the prices reasonable. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth B, Public Relations Manager at Casa Moderna Miami, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review and we too are glad you kept your reservation with us. The best compliment we could ask for is “I’d stay again in a heart beat” and we look forward to you next visit and if we can assist with anything please contact us at concierge@casamodernamiami.com
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Although the reservation was through a friend of mine, I'd still like to share my review. Location was not bad, although you are about a 15-20 minute drive from south beach, you didn't feel disconnected from everything. You're located right next to American Airlines Arena and the Bayside shopping and restaurant area. The hotel itself is very clean and modern. We only stayed for one night and the beds were super comfortable. Only mishap is they only provide valet parking. It was $32.00 dollars and that price was charged to the room. It is for unlimited/24 hour service. Being that we only stayed one night, Idk if it's for your whole stay or per day price. Be prepared if you are traveling with other people, other than your immediate family, the bathroom is open to the whole room. Meaning no doors. The only separation between the toilet and room is a frosted glass door. Other than that, the rooms are super clean. Front desk were very accommodating. I do recommend! The only reason I state in the title "you get what you pay for" is because of the per night rate ($150.00+), a lil more than I would pay normally, but because I split the cost with my friend, it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were in Miami over the weekend starting April 5, 2013 and I was initially struck by the newness of Casa Moderna. Across the street from the American Airlines Arena, overlooking the Science Park and across the bay from South Beach, the location was ideal. But after a few hours at this 'boutique hotel' I began to feel like a guest at a friend's house. The attentive staff addressed us by name, the car was brought forth promptly and most important of all, even in such a high energy location our little world was remarkably peaceful. The pillows had been stuffed with exactly the right number of feathers, the chamber maids were invisible but their work impeccable. I feel like I want to go back there soon!

Room Tip: From our balcony we watched cruise ships and the Florida sunrise- what's not to love?
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth B, Public Relations Manager at Casa Moderna Miami, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you Tom for writing this wonderful review, for you to say “I began to feel like a guest at a friend’s house” means we all did our jobs. Customer service is our first priority and we are so glad you were able to experience just that. We look forward to your next visit and if we can help with anything please contact us at concierge@casamodernamiami.com
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We travel to Miami very frequently and have stayed at many of the boutique hotels this is by far our favorite. I could move into the room for a month it is beautifully kept, very spacious, feels like home and the service is the finest. there is nothing they won't do for you. The restaurant and bar serves great food and they make everyone feel like royalty. you won't want to stay anywhere else!
Lorna runs the place and she is the best! She makes magic happen and always with a smile.

Room Tip: For larger groups the suites are huge
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share about your wonderful experience at Casa Moderna. We completely agree Lorna is the best and we are very fortunate to have here taking care of all our guests. We look forward to your next visit and would love to have you here for a month. If we can help with anything please contact us at concierge@casamodernamiami.com

Been to Casa Moderna Miami? Share your experiences!