“Terrific Tamiami” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tamiami Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tamiami Guest House
221 NW 67 Court, Miami, FL 33126   |
Ranked #2 of 24 Miami B&B and Inns
London, England
“Terrific Tamiami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was an absolutely excellent place to stay. I stayed four nights and from the moment that I arrived I was made to feel extremely welcome.
The email communication was prompt and helpful from my initial booking and i was not disappointed when I arrived either.
The hosts were very hospitable, even when I arrived at midnight. The room was so well appointed with a comfortable bed (and provision for family sleeping), a kitchen and it was spacious and clean. The owners even gave a discount as I was a single traveller.
The room had lots of extra bonuses- I was provided with a well stocked fridge for my breakfast as well as water, tea and coffee. It was a delightful surprise and most welcome.
The guest house was also well situated - a short distance from the airport and taking the number 11 bus ($2 one way) will take you to downtown Miami. (A taxi will cost $34!)
The neighbourhood was safe to walk in, even at night. The hosts provided lots of useful and honest information and even gave me several lifts to ensure that I could get to my excursions. I paid a very reasonable charge for this - saving me time and money.

I would highly recommend this as a place to stay in Miami; I was sorry not to be staying longer. I couldn't have asked for a better guest house or kinder hosts. Thank you for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: email the guest house in advance - they will help you to book.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We booked the Miami guest house but actually stayed in the Tamiami which is opposite in the same road. Luis from the Miami guest House met us at the car rental centre Miami airport and next day very kindly took us to the Port of Miami for our cruise. Our unit which was like an efficiency (with ample food supplied for breakfast)was spotless and recently renovated. Guests are welcome to use their pool. Felix and Edita the Cuban owners were charming and although they spoke very little English we managed to converse in our poor Spanish and enjoy a cup of cuban coffee. Just a short distance away is a good supermarket and several restaurants. If you are prepared to use public transport (which is quite good in Miami) you might not need a car while staying here. I would highly recommend both the Tamiami or Miami Guest House.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed for two nights and think that we had a nice place and it was very good value for the money. We had a nice one room appartment which was very clean and had a little kitchen. The people were very friendly, although they didn't speak much English. A word of caution: this is not a standard Motel or so with a reception and other guests around. It is a normal house and you don't even see from outside that rooms are rented. Quite frankly, we didn't even know if rooms are rented officially and were a bit sceptical in the beginning. However, everything was fine, we had our privacy and we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Scarborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We spent one night here and found it to be a nice little place. It has a family feel, in that it is in a modest neighbourhood and the owners are very friendly and kind and go out of their way to be helpful and sociable. We especially liked being able to experience the ambience in a suburb of Miami with smaller houses and regular people. Lovely!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Oisterwijk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We visit this guesthouse at the beginning and end of our trip around florida. Both times is was a good and warm welcome. Just 10 minutes from the airport in a quiet neighbourhood. The people are very friendly and offered even drinks and a meal at the birthdayparty of their grandchild. Good Stay and I definitely recommand this to our friends in the netherlands

Room Tip: Both rooms are fine
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011 via mobile

Large clean room. Your own kitchen. Good location. Near bus routes to get you to Miami attractions such as South Beach and the zoo and Vizcaya. Very nice family.
Two good restaurants nearby, Palomilla Grill, and Madrid Tapas Y Vino.

• Stayed November 2011
pirateann
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The B&B was in a quiet neighborhood with parking and the studio was lovely, well stocked with supplies and some food.
The pool was lovely, very clean and clear.
It was a very, very nice place to stay within a family atomosphere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Tamiami Guest House? Share your experiences!