“Tried to rip us off! ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Carlyle

The Carlyle
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Carlyle
You added The Carlyle to your Saves list
1250 Ocean Drive, Miami, FL 33130   |
Ranked #22 of 36 Specialty Lodging in Miami
“Tried to rip us off! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Said it was 20% off, It wasn't. They changed the bill when challenged. I get the feeling it's just what they do everyone in the hope they'll get a quick buck.

Service wasn't ok as they left us and others waiting for a long time.

I'm far from fussy but wouldn't go there.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location on south beach. Drinks where more than expected. Price caught us off guard but we had a great experience. We had a great spot right in the heart of south beach. We didn't eat but the food looked amazing.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2015

I was there last week. I was walking by looking for a place to eat and the waitress stopped me and told me they were still serving breakfast. When I asked for the lunch menu she said that the White portion of the menu was 50% off. The service was horrible. Waitress took forever food was ok. When I got the bill there was no 50% off. When I complained I got a 20%. I specifically asked for a small bottle of water. She brought me a liter opened and Immediately served it. When I told her I didn't want that she poured the rest in a plastic container to go. Big time hustler. Never again. BEWARE

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2015

We were there for a dinner it was really expensive and not good at all! Very bad service a cocktail was 40$ ! Not good at all! I wouldn't recommend it! They won't show the prices and they will charge you a lot! And they don't care about you they are going to scam you!look only at the menu with the prices!!!! But very bad food so never go there!!!!!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015

Very expensive and not good food. Not original.
I hate it. Disappointed and waitress unbearable.
The only thing good is the building, which is superb.
You can find sooooo much better!
Try another in Ocean Drive!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in Feb2014. The apartment was clean and spacious and represented excellent value.
Located on Ocean Drive meant easy access to the beach/ central Miami Beach, but what really stood out for us was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff there.
Nothing was too much trouble for them, we were helped with car hire and local advice on many occasions. This helped make our stay in Miami really enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed here 5 days in a 2 bed ,,, I loved it very cute and I could not have asked for a better location one sec from the beach ,,, great resturants on ocean drive I will Deff stay here again !! My friends stayed 28 days and loved it only thing they needed more pots and pans for breakfast ..

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Edgewater South Beach
Cardozo Hotel
Cardozo Hotel
#115 of 205 in Miami Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 329 reviews

Been to The Carlyle? Share your experiences!