“Wonderful Condo and a Great Value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Carlyle

The Carlyle
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Carlyle
You added The Carlyle to your Saves list
1250 Ocean Drive, Miami, FL 33130   |
Ranked #11 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Germantown, Maryland
“Wonderful Condo and a Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I just got back from a long weekend in South Beach. I stayed in 3C at the Carlyle. What a perfect location!!! It was steps to everything! It was about 2 blocks from Party Central so we could sleep when we needed to but close enough to get to everything. The Concierge Lillian was very friendly and helpful when we checked in. I had found 3C through VRBO and booked directly through Rita. The condo was a one bedroom with two bathrooms which was huge!!! We were two women and the extra space was perfect. The unit came with two beach chairs and beach towels which was great since we flew in from Maryland. The unit even had a hair dryer. I had looked into hotels but the rooms were so small that I was worried we wouldn't have enough room. So glad I went with the condo.
Across Ocean Drive was the park and then the ocean. The beach was beautiful and we spent every day enjoying it. On Sunday we had to check out at 11 but our flight wasn't until 8:20pm. We spent the day enjoying the pool at the Savoy Hotel on 5th and Ocean. You can get a day pass for $25 which was worth it. The two pools were great and it was nice to have a place to keep our luggage.

Room Tip: 3C was great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lutry, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Apartment 4A is astonishing! Three bedrooms, 3 baths, huge living room facing the sea. I stayed there with my wife and kids from April 2nd thru the 11th. It was magic! I was surprised at the amenities offered as it was appointed as well as our flat in Europe. And no surprises there, since I heard that the owners are European and use this apartment as their residency when they travel to the US. All you need to bring with you are your bathers since it is fully equipped. The location is exactly what you would expect by being in the middle of where everything is happening. Hundreds of bars and restaurants are within walking distance and all the shopping you can hope for is 4 blocks away on Lincoln Road. Amazing experience. Will do it again next year for sure

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The rooms are filthy, there was no hot water one whole day. Small rooms, bathroom needs more cleaning. Housekeeping sucks. I left the sign service please on my door and 5 hours later noting happend. Exepct my door was left open. I was freaking out because all my stuff was left in my room. None of my valuables were missing but...
We were attacked by pushy waiter trying to get us to sit down at Restaurant Carlyle where we stayed... and later, one margarita 25$. They were extremely rude after our complain....
That will make them rich for sure....
They will give you 5 diferent menus but no menu with drink prices. THIEFS
Every year until now we eat at Clevelander. But after this experiences we will avoid Ocean drive for a while...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent three days in March 2013 at the Carlyle in a one bedroom apartment. The stay was very nice, the apartment was great with beach towels and beach chairs provided. Bathroom was luxurious. The location is excellent right on Ocean Drive in SOBE. Many great restaurants although more on the sidewalk "gauntlet" are not so great I think. Look for restaurants with lines and no "hawkers" to find better food. Would recommend a Carlyle apartment for someone looking for a great SOBE apartment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Booking through Paul was a breeze. He was so quick to get back to me with answers to my questions. The concierge was helpful (Damian and Alex) and the condo was exactly what we were hoping for! IT was nicely decorated, spacious and right on Ocean Drive. There is a parking garage around the corner on 13th and it was a decent price at 20$ Max per day. We were very happy with the condo and also enjoyed having appetizers and drinks at the cafe downstairs. We never had a meal there but did have the 2 for 1 happy hour which was excellent. As with most restaurants on Ocean Drive, the liquor drinks are HUGE and you cannot share the free drink.... fortunately, we were drinking beer and wine so it worked out perfect. I believe the beers were 8$ each which made them 4$ each at happy hour. Can't beat that price on Ocean. Also - the 10$ glasses of wine were only 5$ each ( with the free drink). The wine was definitely a deal as they did offer decent selections. Overall, a fantastic stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Me and my wife have visited Miami before and wanted to return because we liked it so much. We arrived with my brother in law and we immediately liked the condo to a point it was spacious and all household items were available e.g. washing machine and tumble dryer, top of the ranger cooker, fridge, freezer etc.

We stayed right in the front of the hotel (3A) and could see the beach and ocean.

The only downside was unless you are a light sleeper, you will get awaken by the public walking below or customers eating/drinking at the restaurant. I had ear plugs so that was not a problem and my wife slept like a log.

Paul was excellent in arranging the condo for us from beginning to end and it was a shame we never got the chance to meet him.

We have already recommended this to my family and friends! We will return one day as well!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Ok so the other two reviews were reviews about the restaurant at this hotel!!! If you google The Carlyle South Beach, the pictures you see is what you get. The condos are privately owned so they are fully stocked and has a homely feel to the place. Check in and out was smooth. There is a security lock on the door that will only allow people that are staying there in with an electronic key. There is always a concierge on duty. If you are going to South Beach to do what most people do (drink) then the concierge will hold your room key at the desk so you will not loose it. If you loose a key there is a $200 charge.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Carlyle? Share your experiences!