“it was ok” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Miami Improv Comedy Club
3390 Mary St. #182, Shoppes of Mayfair, Miami, FL (Coconut Grove)
305-441-8200
Improve this listing
Ranked #210 of 283 things to do in Miami
7 attraction reviews
“it was ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been to several comedy clubs. Paid more to go to the improv expected more. Drinks were more ($16 / margarita so weak I didn't even get a buzz after 2, got billed for 2 cokes for my husband and he never got a 2nd one - cheap business folks), parking was more, seating was terrible, packed in like sardines, couldn't even talk to my husband without yelling and he was sitting across the table from me. Here's a note, couples want to sit by their date - let them sit together, not across from each other in a noisy room.

Comedy was good - comedians actually had funny material and didn't have to do off-color jokes their entire stand-up time.

check the improv off my bucket list. been there, done that, don't need to go back.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Extremely Disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I am not here to review how expensive the Drinks were or how much the cost was for admission. The Headliner was Eddie Griffin, this is the second time that I have seen his show once in Ft. Lauderdale and this last and only time at the Miami Improv. On both occassions I have walked away with the feeling that he has left it all on the stage. My issue is with the staff of the Miami Improv very unfriendly from the person who is at the will call ticket window to the person at the door and the so called supervisor or managers their customer service skills are appalling. Story of events My wife and I arrived for the late show at around 9:00pm for a 10:45 show time. I bought the 2 tickets for this show on the 22nd of February for a show date of April 14th I arrived early as I always do to insure that I receive a good seat. When I went to the will call window and requested my admission tickets the person at the window was not able to find. Finally after a 10 minute wait the person was able to find. I asked this person if she would assign us a seat or have VIP seating as they do at the Ft. Lauderdale Improv. She stated that this was not their policy that we would have to stand in line.My wife and I went and got in line as advised, This is where my next issue begins people started arriving and began going right up to the so called supervisor or manager and being let right into the comedy club. I walked over to the person at the door and asked what was going on. He stated that these folks were VIP and had reserve seating. I then requested to speak with the so called supervisor or manager and advised him of what I had been told by the person at the will call window. I was told that these folks bought their tickets a month in advance and that this was why they had VIP and/or assigned seating. I advised him that I had bought my ticket almost 3 months in advance to make a long story short I felt shafted. I went back to the line and waited for the staff of the Miami Improv to finally open the doors this happened at 11:15pm. FinalIy I will do what every person should do if not satisfied with the service and/or treatment they receive for their hard worked money never go back. This is unfortunate because I really enjoy the comedians that the Improv Clubs bring to the South Florida area. I will just cross off the Miami Improv and continue going to the Ft. Lauderdale and try the West Palm Beach Club as well. Message to the Miami Improv treat your customers better or like me that will never come back again. I hope this post helps someone. Thanks

Visited April 2012
MIAMI
18 attraction reviews
“Not worth the laugh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Improv Miami or any place else are getting too expensive not only the price to get in is expensive , then you have to sit with your back to the stage and with people that you don't even know . And then not only you have to order two drinks minimum but the drinks are really expensive.
I use to really like this place but I can't afford it any more.

Visited February 2012
Potomac Falls, Virginia
20 attraction reviews
“Do not count on it for a great experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

The interior is as nice as any comedy club I have been too.

Everything is over priced. Service average and absolutely not friendly.
Do not sit on the side of the stage. The speakers will be above your head and you will not be able to hear.

The night we went the place was half filled. Tried moving one table over that was empty and a guy came running out to advise me that was not allowed.

Will not return.

Visited February 2012
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Laughed hard....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This was my first time and really did not know what to expect. You do have to park in a garage, but it was only 5 bucks for almost 3hrs, which you will not get anywhere else in Miami. Tip: you can reserve seats, we didn't know that and were put in the back, but there are tvs and I could still hear almost every word the comedians said, except for the rude ppl behind us. The waiters are busy, know that when you get there so my suggestion is to know what you want and order it immediately, and there is a 2 drink minimum but they let u know that upfront... the food was absolutely delicious and the entrees were pretty big portions neither of us could finish ours. Also, make sure you bring a sweater bc we froze our butts off. Very good experience and would go again! Another suggestion.. I would go the first showing which is what we went to bc our show went over and those ppl outside were not happy.

Visited January 2012