“No Atmosphere, Little Service, Great Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sakaya Kitchen

Sakaya Kitchen
3401 N. Miami Avenue, #125, Miami, FL 33127 (Wynwood - Edgewater)
305 576-8096
Cuisines: Asian
Neighborhood: Wynwood - Edgewater
Neighborhood: Wynwood - Edgewater
Miami Beach, Florida
“No Atmosphere, Little Service, Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

So, picture a food truck without wheels anchored in a glorified strip mall (MIdtown) .. Nonetheless, you gotta go- clearly a chef led deal with great fusion flavors and a big menu that runs in a bunch of different directions. How do they get their chicken that tender? Have the pork, have the Calamari. It is all good, all fairly priced and as long as you come with some patience and look at your food and not the restaurant itself, you will love it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“It's good, but not to die for...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first time...I confess that I didn't have the full experience at Sakaya. I never went inside to order because I had a baby Pug with me. I can only review the food that someone else ordered for me. The ribs...good; not the best I've ever had. They're not juicy or saucy like most ribs. They have an Asian-spiced dry rub and are on the crunchy side. I believe my friend ordered the Jasmine rice as a side for me. Heads up, I hate rice! I never eat it unless its "specially-fried" or has other ingredients in it. However, my favorite part of the food bowl I ate was the RICE. It was so moist and had the perfect amount of natural sweetness. The grain itself was thinner and smaller than regular white rice. The brussel sprouts were also VERY good (after I asked the waitress to bring me the sauce that someone forgot to toss them in). I don't know if I would actually make the trip over to Sakaya Kitchen again. I would need to give it a second chance by ordering something that jumps out at me.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
miami
“Brussels sprouts convert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Every dish here is unique and full of complex flavors BUT their brussels sprouts are a game-changer. I have never liked this vegetable regardless of preparation but their treatment with sweet chili, ginger, citrus and long roasting made me a convert. They are truly delicious! Also, the pork bossam and shrimp with spicy kimchi is yum. The rice bowls are big so go with an appetite! Very casual and don't forget to wash it down with the $2 Magic Hat beer special. Order at the counter and they bring the dishes to your table. I am now making special trips to downtown Miami to eat at Sakaya.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Delicious.. will come back for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been here twice already, and i love it... the food is very tasty and portions are big!!! they have nice seating outdoors, located in midtown Miami, very nice, relaxed atmosphere... prices a fair enough, will come back for sure!

Visited December 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Terrific food at great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is not a fancy place but the food is an interesting Korean fusion, inventive fresh, with great flavors and good helpings. Our group tried Dirty Korean pork buns, a grilled chicken (w/ orange ginger) rice bowl, and a Kalbi beef taco. All were really good.

Visited December 2012