“Quick Night in Miami” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
Ranked #60 of 129 hotels in Miami
Orange, Va
“Quick Night in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Close to the airport, staff was great, beer and wine offered at night, If I need to stay near the airport again, this is were I will choose. King Bed with 2 doubles in the next room, 2 bath rooms and a living area

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

come back and see us real soon

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed at Springhill while our son was having surgery at University of Miami Hospital. The room was clean the beds were comfortable enough. The biggest attraction was the proximity to the UM/Jackson Memorial Hospital complex, and the fact that there is a free shuttle back and forth to the hospital (and a paid shuttle to the airport). One could also walk the half mile or so to the complex. Parking is an additional $15 per night and valet service is not available. The small attached parking garage is quite crowded with small spaces, and has lots of blind corners. Of course, I'm not a fan of parking garages of any size, so perhaps that's just my personal bias.

Breakfast was the typical free hotel breakfast with an assortment of fruits, cereal, yogurt, rolls and toast, as well as prepared scrambled eggs. I have no complaints but I think my husband felt that it was not up to Marriott's standards of being a little upscale. It was nothing fancy, but it was a more than adequate place to sleep during our hospital vigil. Overall, I'm calling it average: quite adequate but nothing to get excited about.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport East/ Medical Center. I will share with the team. Please feel free to contact me if I be of further assistance to you.
Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed here for a conference I had in downtown Miami. It was nice, the staff was friendly, room was big and clean. Nice shower area. Had a microwave and small fridge which came in handy. I stayed on the 3rd floor which was very quiet. There is a laundry area also with coin machines and a pretty good breakfast nothing fancy just the basic eggs, cereal, fruits, juice, pancake etc.
The a/c is a little noisy but did not affect sleep.

The taxi to downtown Miami cost about $15. You need a car to get around. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor was good I stayed in 301
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thanks Jim

we hope to see you back soon

Tom
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

From the pull-out sofa bed in the little 'sitting room', to the 'study' nook (complete with desk and lamp and a magazine rack, to the spotless stand-alone lavatory and beautiful shower and dressing area, this is an extraordinarily well-designed hotel. Whoever put it together was smart enough to put in an extra-long luggage rack (attached to the wall above the floor air-conditioner) and running the length of the window. Ergo, you can put two suitcases on it. Very convenient. The colour scheme is soothing and cool - pale turquoise and greens and greys - the staff seem very friendly and helpful, they run timed free shuttles to the hospitals, malls, airport etc. The neighbourhood is a bit grotty to one side, but on the other, it's 'Medical City'. A good place to stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I'll certianly pass them on to our designer as this is a totaly custom hotel
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I will not stay here again unprofessional. Service was terrible they had security to come up and help with the ac and he was dumb as rocks call they don't answer and caught house keeping come out are room when we got to where we was going are camera was gone

• Stayed May 2014
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport East/ Medical Center. Service is our top priority and I will share this with the team.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed here twice before and after a cruise. The property was very well kept and the breakfast was great. Janet, Meyrin, and Paola at the front desk gave us great customer service. A few cons were the uncertainty of amenity rates and one GSAs poor customer service. During my preparation for my arrival I called the property multiple times to make sure everything was set before I got there. I inquired about shuttle service to the port of Miami. First, I was told that it was $6, then I was told it was $8, and then I was told that the property didn't offer shuttle service to the port. It was $8 to the port but they did not offer that same shuttle service from the port back to the hotel. I was not informed of this!! Also, I called to make sure my credit card authorization went through after faxing it twice and emailing it once. They said they never received a fax but my fax machine said it went through both times. These faxes had PII on them! Before I was able to even state my request over the phone one of the GSAs, Ronald, transferred me to marriot central reservations. You are not supposed to transfer people without there consent and knowing what they need first. When I called back he still preceded to talk over me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback! Will share this with the team.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were in Miami for an appointment at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. We did not have a clock in our room so had to depend on our cell phones. There was no towel bar for the sink in the toilet area. We used the door handle. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel provides a free shuttle to the various offices in the medical center. The free breakfast was okay, but not the volume of choices we have found in other hotels. Even though the area surrounding the hotel was questionable, we felt safe. Be prepared for a daily fee for the parking garage. The hotel restaurant offered limited choices of appetizers, soup, salad, pizza and sandwiches. There was a kids menu and there is also a bar within the restaurant. Pricing for meals was reasonable (hamburger & fries $11.95). Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. The Magic City Casino is less than 8 miles away. Even though this hotel is close to the airport, we did not hear any noise. We would definitely stay at this property again if we had an appointment at the medical center.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from both the elevator and main highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, I'll certianly have those couple things you mentioned addressed and taken care of, we look forward to your return

Tom

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Address: 1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
Location: United States > Florida > Miami > Downtown
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #60 of 129 hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, Otel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel Miami

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.