“Nice facility but run a little on the cheap.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #62 of 130 hotels in Miami
Port Angeles
“Nice facility but run a little on the cheap.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

When our flight arrived in Miami late, American put us up at this hotel. The voucher said our hotel was Springhill Medical and American told us a shuttle would come. We called three times over a 90 minute wait for the shuttle. We did see the Marriott van come by a couple times and ran out but then the name seemed wrong for our voucher. When we called the hotel, no one answered with the Marriott name. The last call a nice gentleman told us to go ahead and get a taxi and they would reimburse.

When we called and when we arrived at the hotel, it was obvious they were understaffed. Directions to find the elevator were poor, but we finally found our room which was very nice. American had given us vouchers for food, so we came down to the restaurant. The restaurant was very understaffed both times we ate there for dinner and lunch the next day. It took a long time for the food (just sandwisches, pizza, and salad) to arrive and service was bare minimal.

The breakfast which is included was quite good. Lots of choices and plenty of self-service food.

When I asked for a manager before leaving, I was told she was in a meeting. So, I told the clerk at the desk about our problem with American having a name on the vouchers which did not jive with the hotel name. I suggested they contact American and make sure the name Marriot was included on the vouchers. He told me that I should be the one to tell American. Seems to me that this is a problem they would want to correct.

The hotel caters to a lot of cruise people. I heard one woman say she had waited 90 minutes for the shuttle.

When I called the hotel, they said the shuttle runs only every hour, so be prepared to wait.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Springhill Suites Marriott. I will address your comments with the team. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Miami.

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I love the beds here. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I had a problem with the air conditioner but the hotel maintenance came immediately and replaced the main control board. Very quick service. The restaurant staff was quite slow at night but they didn't let me starve! I stay here regular because it's close to the UM and a comfortable stay! The surrounding area looks a little iffy.

Stayed March 2014
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My family and I absolutely love staying here. We travel from the Bahamas to take our son to doctors at Bascom Palmer and the 1st time we arrived the staff was very friendly. From the shuttle driver, the front desk staff and even the cleaners. Man o man it was jus nice to know that we were minutes away from the hospital. They have shuttles to take you to and from but sometimes we just walk. Its also minutes away from the train station which was a good exploring experience to nearby areas. Overall, we enjoy staying here and whenever we have appts at JMH, we are certain of where we're staying. Employee of the year should go to the tall guy with the salt and pepper hair. I wish I knew his name but he is just the kindest.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because American Airlines put me up for screwing up my flight. I was really impressed with the room. Spacious with comfortable beds. I think the shuttle only runs once an hour and that's not enough. The menu is very limited and the food is OK. My bar tender didn't show much interest in serving anyone. When I asked for lemon with my tea he said he didn't have any and gave me a slice of lime. Then I saw the guy waiting the floor get a lemon out and slice it up for another patron. If you have business at the hospital complex it would be a nice place to sleep. It does offer a lot of amenities.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Fort Myers, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The rooms and the receptionists were great. The only reason I gave the hotel a 4 out of 5 was the inattentiveness by the bar/restaurant staff. Our drink orders were taken right away but other tables had their dinner orders taken long before ours despite us being seated prior to the other tables.

We finally received service but it was from a different bartender and we didn't see the original server until we asked for the bill. I felt like we were being discriminated against since we were the only African-American patrons at the restaurant.

I would stay here again but I will not be using the restaurant on site.

• Stayed February 2014
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Springhill Suites Marriott. I will address your comments with the staff immediately. Thank you again!
Yuma, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Located convenient to the Jackson Memorial hospital complex, the rest of the neighborhood is nothing much to speak of, I'm not sure why I would stay here if not for having business with the hospital. Concerning the property itself, its great, comfortable rooms, unique decor and features, I did not try the breakfast but there are interesting take out places in the area that deliver, making up for the fact I would not walk around the area at night and suggest all others heed that advice. Overall the value was good and if you have reason to be near Jackson Memorial Hospital or any of the surrounding facilities, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: High floors are recommended.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Decent Rooms, and well maintained. Staff is very friendly, and helpful.

Neighborhood is suspect at best, but not a big issue for me. This hotel is perfect if you have business at the nearby hospitals, or Port of Miami/ Downtown Areas.

Airport Shuttle is disorganized, and needs work. No guest should have to wait over 40 minutes in the hot sun waiting for a Springhill Suites Airport East Shuttle to show up.

The Food Service, is just plain horrible. Free Breakfast offers lousy variety, inadequate amounts for the limited variety they do offer, and the food staff lacks proper training (guests should not have to knock on the kitchen door to get food staffs attention).
The restaurant menu never changes, and is comprised of mostly prepared foods which look and taste awful.

With other food establishments quite a distance away from the hotel, one would think more effort would be put into offering a better dining experience.

Springhill Suites Airport East needs to step up their food game!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Address: 1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
Location: United States > Florida > Miami > Downtown
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #62 of 130 hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel Miami

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.