“Next to Freeway not an Airport Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #61 of 130 hotels in Miami
California, USA
“Next to Freeway not an Airport Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

in a residential and business area, must have CAR. Free airport shuttle very difficult to stop at night! The driver of the little white van was racing in the fast lane and past me prior to me being able to hale. you can NOT see the writing on the van since they blind you with their lights at first. When you see the writing on the side of the van it's too late and you wait up to one extra hour!!!
I arrived after 9 p.m. and waited until 11 p.m. what a mess. all the other larger Marriott vans had signs on top and I stopped the several times to ask "where is my van!" No phone or other communications available! I took a cap for $22. Recommendations, set up specific Van stop signs and have the VANS STOP and not speed home. otherwise nice hotel little freeway noise with closed windows (can't open window 4th floor). Decent breakfast. But not an airport hotel (I only got 6 hours sleep - AA overnight flight from Costa Rica) Recommended if you have a car. MeuterMedia

Room Tip: get a room away from the freeway
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I'll certainly share them with our teams, and as far as the vans go I'll be sure to have the van drivers always stop regardless if there's guest there or not

We look forward to your return

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Came in for business on Sunday and had another wonderful stay. The room was quite and the staff are courteuos! The King bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I ate on property and enjoyed my Triple Chocolate Cake and Red wine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, I'll be sure to share your kind words with the teams

We look forward to your next visit
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

After a week of working hard digging ditches in Nicaragua for a service trip, all my boyfriend and I wanted was a hot shower and a place to rest our heads during our 16 hour layover. When we got to the airport, we called to make sure that there would be a shuttle there to pick us up. Their shuttle was being outsourced to another company that night, and the company was obviously not too reliable. During our hour and a half ordeal, Ron and Zoila answered our calls, made calls to the driver, and promptly called us back to update us. They were patient with us as we lost our patience, and they kept us updated as often as possible.
When we finally arrived, they were very busy at the desk, but still took the time to apologize and reimburse us for the cab that we ended up taking.

Ron and Zoila were two of the most professional and helpful agents I have encountered in a long while, and their service has ensured that Springhill Suites will be my hotel of choice whenever I am in Miami!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I'll be sure to recognize these associates during our daily stand up, and we look forward to your return.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The good:
The hotel was great in terms of service, cleanliness and a nice breakfast to boot. I was impressed with the room since the was nice and large with a divider for the sofa/desk area. The complimentary refrigerator was great as well.

The bad:
There was parking around the neighborhood, but as I was being parked some random person from the community warned me of parking overnight outdoors. After that I decided I'd pay the nightly parking fee...

Hotel isn't really in what I'd call a safe neighborhood (I wouldn't feel comfortable being out late afternoon-night.) Lastly, plenty of random pizza menus under my door, which makes me wonder who else can easily slip pass the front desk.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, we do have security 7 nights a week and we'll certainly work on keeping this solicitation from continuing.
Simi Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I needed a hotel near the University of Miami Hospital for 4 nights. I had some fears about staying here after reading the reviews. However, after 4 nights I can tell you that this hotel was a pleasant surprise.

Yes, you will find pizza flyers under your door at night but that's the only issue (not really an issue). There were no issues with "undesirables" outside the hotel.

The room was very large, comfortable, and immaculate. The entire hotel was very clean. I got the impression that the staff tries hard to make guests comfortable.

Parking was a bit price at $15/day but at least there was plenty of parking in the secure indoor garage.

The included breakfast was more than adequate, with scrambled eggs, sausage/ham, cold cereals, hot oatmeal, breads, yogurt, and make-your-own waffles, plus free coffee. Dinner choices were like decent bar food - burgers, salads, wings, egg rolls. The food was good enough that I had breakfast and dinner in the hotel every day. Wednesday night, they served free wine and dip. Nice touch.

I walked to the hospital every morning - it's about a half-mile walk. The hotel offers a free shuttle to/from the hospital. I believe it returns back to the hotel as late as 10pm. I used it once. Again, a great plus.

This is the perfect hotel if you need to stay near the Medical district.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for sharing your experience while staying with us, if we can be of further service please let us know. We hope your visits to the hospital proved to be successful and wish you the best of health

Regards,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night because I missed a connecting flight in Miami.

Rooms were very clean and had nice amenities. Airport shuttle got me to and from the airport no problem.

I got there very late almost 10pm when I checked in. They have a very nice cafe in the lobby that serves a limited menu and Starbucks. This place closes at 10pm and if you want something to eat after 10pm...not many places to eat in walking distance at that hour. Also, my shuttle to the airport was at 6am...and the cafe was not open until 6:30am. So basically between 10pm and 6:30am...there is almost nothing to eat here except whatever they have in the cantina. That was a bit annoying.

Other than that, my stay was wonderful. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry you were not directed to our 24/7 pantry that offers food, beverage, ice cream and snacks, I'll ensure to bring your concerns up to our desk so they are directing guests as need
Key Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband recently had surgery at the Miami VA Hospital and we stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott. Very close to all Miami Hospitals (ie VA, Ryder, UM, Jackson Memorial). Very nice, new, clean hotel with secured parking (for add'l cost). Offers free shuttle to/from Hospitals. Hotel would also be close to downtown Miami, Port of Miami and Marlins BallPark area also.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, we're happy you enjoyed your stay and wish your husband a speedy recovery

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Address: 1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
Location: United States > Florida > Miami > Downtown
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #61 of 130 hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel Miami

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.