“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
Ranked #61 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night because I missed a connecting flight in Miami.

Rooms were very clean and had nice amenities. Airport shuttle got me to and from the airport no problem.

I got there very late almost 10pm when I checked in. They have a very nice cafe in the lobby that serves a limited menu and Starbucks. This place closes at 10pm and if you want something to eat after 10pm...not many places to eat in walking distance at that hour. Also, my shuttle to the airport was at 6am...and the cafe was not open until 6:30am. So basically between 10pm and 6:30am...there is almost nothing to eat here except whatever they have in the cantina. That was a bit annoying.

Other than that, my stay was wonderful. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry you were not directed to our 24/7 pantry that offers food, beverage, ice cream and snacks, I'll ensure to bring your concerns up to our desk so they are directing guests as need

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Key Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband recently had surgery at the Miami VA Hospital and we stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott. Very close to all Miami Hospitals (ie VA, Ryder, UM, Jackson Memorial). Very nice, new, clean hotel with secured parking (for add'l cost). Offers free shuttle to/from Hospitals. Hotel would also be close to downtown Miami, Port of Miami and Marlins BallPark area also.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, we're happy you enjoyed your stay and wish your husband a speedy recovery
Casselberry, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here because my sister was having surgery at Univ of Miami Hospital and had to be there at 6am on Monday morning. The staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. We asked for several things from them and they came through each and every time, without even a blink of an eye. They even printed my mother a map to get her out of town and on her way home. I can't say enough good things about them. Our room showed signs of wear but was clean. It's probably time to update their room couches and carpet, in our room anyway. Other than that, the bathrooms were updated and clean and the beds were very comfortable. The neighborhood isn't the best, however, for our need to be close to the hospital, it was perfect. It only took us 5 mins to get there and to get back. They have a complimentary shuttle to the hospital but we didn't use it so I can't evaluate that service. Even though the neighborhood wasn't great, I never felt unsafe. I did, however, pay the $15.00 to park in their garage because I wasn't going to leave our vehicle parked on the street. Their breakfast was very good, with hot eggs, sausage, oatmeal (with all the fixings), fruit, muffins, bagels, toast, milk, juice, ham and cheese. It was exceptionally good for a hotel breakfast. They even allowed me to take breakfast to my sister-in-law, who had to leave for the hospital before breakfast was served. I agree with Keith386 where the "shady pizza company's" are concerned. Beware! We thought the menus were hotel endorsed and they are not. We actually placed an order that took 1 hour to get to us and was aweful!! They even charged a $7.00 delivery fee!! We felt pretty dumb for falling for it but were hungry and emotionally exhausted so they got us! All in all, I'm very happy with our stay here and would Highly recommend it for families of hospital patients.

Room Tip: If you decide to book a room, be sure to ask about their patient discount and their AAA discount to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, we strive to keep the solicitation out of our hotels, please accpet our appologies for the lousy pizza, our hotel does offer a three meal a day restaurant and we hope on your next stay you try us out, if you'd like us to prepare it to go we can do that as well.

We'll continue to work with our security to keep these solicitations out of our hotel
Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I love Springhill Marriott! They are one of my favorite Marriott properties to stay in. I stayed here for 1 month and only have one complaint... The shady pizza company's that slide their fliers under your door almost daily. This isn't really the hotels fault but they should do something about it, it's very annoying. Thanks to all the staff here for a pleasant stay!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, on your concern with pulling into the hotel please come in from the south side of the hotel and you can pull straight in, I've reviewed your AC concern with our Chief Engineer and it has been fixed.

I do appologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here before and after a cruise. The hotel driveway or drive through is hard to navigate. There's a retainer wall on the left side of the driveway and a narrow curve on the right side making it difficult to access with a left turn.

The hotel is nice, staff not so much.
The air did not work in my room either night. We were giving a fan and 40% discount.
The neighborhood is very questionable. I wouldn't suggest walking anywhere. Breakfast was average.
Parking was secure and affordable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
thank you for your feedback, if you pul into the hotel fro the south side you can pull straight in, with your concern on the AC it has since been repaired and we thank you for letting us know

I appologize for any inconvenience this had casued.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was one of my best hotel experiences in regards to customer service. I was warmly received by the front desk staff. My check-in was executed without incident. Orvina and Kandia were superb in the sense that they could tell that I had a rough day and managed to put a smile on my face just by being genuinely enthusiastic about their job and reassuring me that my stay would be relaxing. They offered a few suggestions for a speedy meal, one of which I decided to take advantage of (the hotel's lobby restaurant) due to its convenience. The menu was adequate and the service was commendable as well. The hotel suite was quite nice for the money and provided the basic comforts that I'm accustomed to and rendered a much needed good nights rest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, we'll certainly be sharing and recognizing the associates in our daily meetings

Thanks again for your kind words
Mandeville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked here on the recommendation of the Fisher House, the free accommodations for the family members of patients of the Veterans Administration Hospital. I wanted to be close to my sister-in-law who was having open heart surgery there. When I booked the room I told the reservation agent that I wanted a clean room and a quiet room away from elevators and street noise. My room, 137, was exactly what I asked for. The hotel staff to a person was always friendly, cheerful, courteous, and helpful. The hotel hired good people and trained them well. I could not be more pleased with the staff. The hotel shuttle got me to and from the hospital on a convenient schedule. I never had a meal at the hotel restaurant/bar, but the people that I observed eating there seemed to enjoy themselves. The breakfast bar was well stocked. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel if I ever needed to be near the Miami medical centers, God forbid.

PS I gave a "Very Good" rating for Sleep Quality only because I never sleep very well. It was not a negative reflection on the room, bed, pillows (five), or linens which I found acceptable. Also, I gave an "Excellent" rating on Location because this hotel met my needs. If I were to go to Miami to party I might not rate it as highly for Location.

Room Tip: Make friends with the shuttle drivers. They are nice people who strive to please.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback and we're happy you enjoyed your stay

Hurry back and see us

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Address: 1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
Location: United States > Florida > Miami > Downtown
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #61 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Otel, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel Miami

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.