“Great Place to Stay near Hospitals” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #48 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Casselberry, Florida
“Great Place to Stay near Hospitals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here because my sister was having surgery at Univ of Miami Hospital and had to be there at 6am on Monday morning. The staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. We asked for several things from them and they came through each and every time, without even a blink of an eye. They even printed my mother a map to get her out of town and on her way home. I can't say enough good things about them. Our room showed signs of wear but was clean. It's probably time to update their room couches and carpet, in our room anyway. Other than that, the bathrooms were updated and clean and the beds were very comfortable. The neighborhood isn't the best, however, for our need to be close to the hospital, it was perfect. It only took us 5 mins to get there and to get back. They have a complimentary shuttle to the hospital but we didn't use it so I can't evaluate that service. Even though the neighborhood wasn't great, I never felt unsafe. I did, however, pay the $15.00 to park in their garage because I wasn't going to leave our vehicle parked on the street. Their breakfast was very good, with hot eggs, sausage, oatmeal (with all the fixings), fruit, muffins, bagels, toast, milk, juice, ham and cheese. It was exceptionally good for a hotel breakfast. They even allowed me to take breakfast to my sister-in-law, who had to leave for the hospital before breakfast was served. I agree with Keith386 where the "shady pizza company's" are concerned. Beware! We thought the menus were hotel endorsed and they are not. We actually placed an order that took 1 hour to get to us and was aweful!! They even charged a $7.00 delivery fee!! We felt pretty dumb for falling for it but were hungry and emotionally exhausted so they got us! All in all, I'm very happy with our stay here and would Highly recommend it for families of hospital patients.

Room Tip: If you decide to book a room, be sure to ask about their patient discount and their AAA discount to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we strive to keep the solicitation out of our hotels, please accpet our appologies for the lousy pizza, our hotel does offer a three meal a day restaurant and we hope on your next stay you try us out, if you'd like us to prepare it to go we can do that as well.

We'll continue to work with our security to keep these solicitations out of our hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I love Springhill Marriott! They are one of my favorite Marriott properties to stay in. I stayed here for 1 month and only have one complaint... The shady pizza company's that slide their fliers under your door almost daily. This isn't really the hotels fault but they should do something about it, it's very annoying. Thanks to all the staff here for a pleasant stay!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, on your concern with pulling into the hotel please come in from the south side of the hotel and you can pull straight in, I've reviewed your AC concern with our Chief Engineer and it has been fixed.

I do appologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here before and after a cruise. The hotel driveway or drive through is hard to navigate. There's a retainer wall on the left side of the driveway and a narrow curve on the right side making it difficult to access with a left turn.

The hotel is nice, staff not so much.
The air did not work in my room either night. We were giving a fan and 40% discount.
The neighborhood is very questionable. I wouldn't suggest walking anywhere. Breakfast was average.
Parking was secure and affordable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
thank you for your feedback, if you pul into the hotel fro the south side you can pull straight in, with your concern on the AC it has since been repaired and we thank you for letting us know

I appologize for any inconvenience this had casued.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was one of my best hotel experiences in regards to customer service. I was warmly received by the front desk staff. My check-in was executed without incident. Orvina and Kandia were superb in the sense that they could tell that I had a rough day and managed to put a smile on my face just by being genuinely enthusiastic about their job and reassuring me that my stay would be relaxing. They offered a few suggestions for a speedy meal, one of which I decided to take advantage of (the hotel's lobby restaurant) due to its convenience. The menu was adequate and the service was commendable as well. The hotel suite was quite nice for the money and provided the basic comforts that I'm accustomed to and rendered a much needed good nights rest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, we'll certainly be sharing and recognizing the associates in our daily meetings

Thanks again for your kind words
Mandeville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked here on the recommendation of the Fisher House, the free accommodations for the family members of patients of the Veterans Administration Hospital. I wanted to be close to my sister-in-law who was having open heart surgery there. When I booked the room I told the reservation agent that I wanted a clean room and a quiet room away from elevators and street noise. My room, 137, was exactly what I asked for. The hotel staff to a person was always friendly, cheerful, courteous, and helpful. The hotel hired good people and trained them well. I could not be more pleased with the staff. The hotel shuttle got me to and from the hospital on a convenient schedule. I never had a meal at the hotel restaurant/bar, but the people that I observed eating there seemed to enjoy themselves. The breakfast bar was well stocked. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel if I ever needed to be near the Miami medical centers, God forbid.

PS I gave a "Very Good" rating for Sleep Quality only because I never sleep very well. It was not a negative reflection on the room, bed, pillows (five), or linens which I found acceptable. Also, I gave an "Excellent" rating on Location because this hotel met my needs. If I were to go to Miami to party I might not rate it as highly for Location.

Room Tip: Make friends with the shuttle drivers. They are nice people who strive to please.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback and we're happy you enjoyed your stay

Hurry back and see us
washington, d.c.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Last weekend, my elderly mother and I flew from DC to Miami to meet my siblings for a cruise. Unfortunately, I broke my foot 7 weeks prior so was not able to be much help to my Mom --she was caretaker to me instead. We booked this hotel because they advertised free airport shuttle, which was of utmost importance to us. We followed the hotel's directions to a T--called as soon as we landed to request the shuttle. The hotel stated it would be approximately 15-20 minutes till they arrived and told us where to stand to catch the shuttle. My mother told them I was on crutches so we needed the shuttle asap. We asked airport personnel where to wait to ensure we were in the right place and indeed, we were. Every hotel shuttle in Miami proceeded to drive by, as we painstakingly waited on a sidewalk without seats nearby. We kept assuming that it would be any minute that they came by- after about 30 minutes, we called again--once again, told it would be just a few minutes and we confirmed where we were standing. All this time, I was a handicapped person with an elderly mother, waiting in the extreme heat and humidity, exhaust fumes abounding and desperately scanning each van that went by. We called again, this time expressing extreme displeasure. The hotel people were not helpful, proceeded to tell us we were in the wrong spot, etc. They once again told us another 30 min. wait! At this point, I was near tears. In hindsight, we definitely should have gotten a cab. All in all, the wait for the shuttle was 1.5 hours!! The shuttle driver kept telling us he had gone by twice but never saw us (yeah, right--a woman on crutches is SO hard to spot!). To make it worse, I sprained my one good ankle trying to get into his van, which they told us was handicap accessible. We then made it to the hotel and asked to speak with the manager--we were told there wasn't a manager--she had gone home. The next day, we asked again to speak to a manager and the desk clerk kept telling us she was busy--and they finally agreed to give us a price break on the room. They honestly acted like we did not have the sense to stand in the correct place and therefore, we were in the wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth. This hotel in no way adhere's to the premise of what Marriott stands for and we will be further reporting this to corporate headquarters. The ONLY reason I gave it 1 star was that is was clean and quiet, although it was in a shady part of town. Word to the wise--do NOT count on their shuttle service! Also, we took a cab to the cruise port--a lot cheaper and more convenient--the hotel's (for pay) shuttle was running late--no surprise there!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, our shuttle runs every half hour to and from the airport, we apologize for the inconvenience but we've not had this complaint before

Thank you for taking the time to let us know and we'll be sure to check our schedule to ensure we're not missing any opportunities
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked a park and cruise package and were pleasantly surprised how well it worked out for us! The hotel is a little difficult to find and the surrounding area was not the best, but with that being said, we never felt unsafe here. The hotel is very modern and the staff is wonderful! The rooms are GREAT. Love the set up with a nice sectional and then a desk area that was also the divider for the bedroom. The bathroom was a split plan which was very nice. Beds were very comfortable! The hotel has a small bar and the drinks were of average price. They also sold Starbucks coffee and had a small menu for food you could order from. We never left the hotel once we checked in and had dinner there and it was very good! The parking is in a secured garage attached to the hotel which requires your room key to enter. We left our car there while we were on a cruise. We booked a park and cruise package and it also included transfers to the port and we took a cab back $17.00 was the cost. We tried out the small pool and actually loved it. May be narrow, but long and the water was nice a warm. They have a lift at the pool to lower a wheelchair bound person into the pool (very nice touch). We would do a park and cruise again with Springhill Suites without a doubt.

Room Tip: Get one not facing the highway and high for a better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, come back and see us soon!

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Address: 1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
Location: United States > Florida > Miami > Downtown
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #48 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Otel and Orbitz so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel Miami

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.