Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
Ranked #62 of 130 hotels in Miami
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Met My Needs Well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked here on the recommendation of the Fisher House, the free accommodations for the family members of patients of the Veterans Administration Hospital. I wanted to be close to my sister-in-law who was having open heart surgery there. When I booked the room I told the reservation agent that I wanted a clean room and a quiet room away from elevators and street noise. My room, 137, was exactly what I asked for. The hotel staff to a person was always friendly, cheerful, courteous, and helpful. The hotel hired good people and trained them well. I could not be more pleased with the staff. The hotel shuttle got me to and from the hospital on a convenient schedule. I never had a meal at the hotel restaurant/bar, but the people that I observed eating there seemed to enjoy themselves. The breakfast bar was well stocked. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel if I ever needed to be near the Miami medical centers, God forbid.

PS I gave a "Very Good" rating for Sleep Quality only because I never sleep very well. It was not a negative reflection on the room, bed, pillows (five), or linens which I found acceptable. Also, I gave an "Excellent" rating on Location because this hotel met my needs. If I were to go to Miami to party I might not rate it as highly for Location.

Room Tip: Make friends with the shuttle drivers. They are nice people who strive to please.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we're happy you enjoyed your stay

Hurry back and see us

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
washington, d.c.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Last weekend, my elderly mother and I flew from DC to Miami to meet my siblings for a cruise. Unfortunately, I broke my foot 7 weeks prior so was not able to be much help to my Mom --she was caretaker to me instead. We booked this hotel because they advertised free airport shuttle, which was of utmost importance to us. We followed the hotel's directions to a T--called as soon as we landed to request the shuttle. The hotel stated it would be approximately 15-20 minutes till they arrived and told us where to stand to catch the shuttle. My mother told them I was on crutches so we needed the shuttle asap. We asked airport personnel where to wait to ensure we were in the right place and indeed, we were. Every hotel shuttle in Miami proceeded to drive by, as we painstakingly waited on a sidewalk without seats nearby. We kept assuming that it would be any minute that they came by- after about 30 minutes, we called again--once again, told it would be just a few minutes and we confirmed where we were standing. All this time, I was a handicapped person with an elderly mother, waiting in the extreme heat and humidity, exhaust fumes abounding and desperately scanning each van that went by. We called again, this time expressing extreme displeasure. The hotel people were not helpful, proceeded to tell us we were in the wrong spot, etc. They once again told us another 30 min. wait! At this point, I was near tears. In hindsight, we definitely should have gotten a cab. All in all, the wait for the shuttle was 1.5 hours!! The shuttle driver kept telling us he had gone by twice but never saw us (yeah, right--a woman on crutches is SO hard to spot!). To make it worse, I sprained my one good ankle trying to get into his van, which they told us was handicap accessible. We then made it to the hotel and asked to speak with the manager--we were told there wasn't a manager--she had gone home. The next day, we asked again to speak to a manager and the desk clerk kept telling us she was busy--and they finally agreed to give us a price break on the room. They honestly acted like we did not have the sense to stand in the correct place and therefore, we were in the wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth. This hotel in no way adhere's to the premise of what Marriott stands for and we will be further reporting this to corporate headquarters. The ONLY reason I gave it 1 star was that is was clean and quiet, although it was in a shady part of town. Word to the wise--do NOT count on their shuttle service! Also, we took a cab to the cruise port--a lot cheaper and more convenient--the hotel's (for pay) shuttle was running late--no surprise there!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, our shuttle runs every half hour to and from the airport, we apologize for the inconvenience but we've not had this complaint before

Thank you for taking the time to let us know and we'll be sure to check our schedule to ensure we're not missing any opportunities
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked a park and cruise package and were pleasantly surprised how well it worked out for us! The hotel is a little difficult to find and the surrounding area was not the best, but with that being said, we never felt unsafe here. The hotel is very modern and the staff is wonderful! The rooms are GREAT. Love the set up with a nice sectional and then a desk area that was also the divider for the bedroom. The bathroom was a split plan which was very nice. Beds were very comfortable! The hotel has a small bar and the drinks were of average price. They also sold Starbucks coffee and had a small menu for food you could order from. We never left the hotel once we checked in and had dinner there and it was very good! The parking is in a secured garage attached to the hotel which requires your room key to enter. We left our car there while we were on a cruise. We booked a park and cruise package and it also included transfers to the port and we took a cab back $17.00 was the cost. We tried out the small pool and actually loved it. May be narrow, but long and the water was nice a warm. They have a lift at the pool to lower a wheelchair bound person into the pool (very nice touch). We would do a park and cruise again with Springhill Suites without a doubt.

Room Tip: Get one not facing the highway and high for a better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, come back and see us soon!
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here before our cruise and then used their gated covered parking garage to park our car while on the cruise. The price was great seeing as it is ridiculous what you have to pay to park at the pier. They had a shuttle to take us to the pier and that was great. We were only 3 miles from the pier. Our room was nice but it took 3 remotes before we got one that would work the TV. The free buffet breakfast left a lot to be desired but that was ok seeing as we would eat when we got on the ship. The neighborhood was rather shady but we came in early and of course with the gated garage parking that greatly helped. They suggested Garcia's Seafood for dinner and it was wonderful. If we should take another cruise from Miami we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, come back soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night prior the return to my home country. We decided to stay in the hotel due to its excellent location near Miami Intl Airp. The neiborghood is not that good, but is majorly industrial which is acceptable. The horrible thing about the hotel is its service. Even though staff is kind, elevators dont work properly, breakfast is below average and general supplies such as towels and sheets take long to get to the room when I requested. The hotel does not look clean either.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your feedback, one of the things that we do is pride us in our service, which we score very high on our guest satisfaction scores. We do take all our feedback seriously and I’ll be sharing your feedback to ensure we do exceed our guest’s expectations.

Thanks you for taking the time to send this and we'll certainly ensure all our customer touch points are aligned with our company standards.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here for a quick overnight. It was my first time staying here and I decided to check it out.
I noticed the neighborhood was VERY sketchy and looked very unsafe.
People begging for money around the blocks. Kinda scary!
Parking was even inside of a gated garage.
The hotel itself was pretty new. Pretty clean and comfortable beds.. I didn't really like that the bathrooms didn't lock and it was a almost a see-thru glass so there was not much privacy.
Rooms were also a bit noisy from traffic from 836.

Other than that, everything else was pretty good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we are located in the downtown area which has high police presence, we do have hotel security and gated parking along with secured entrances. We've never experienced any problems with vagrancy in the hotel or in the immediate areas

Thanks again for your feedback
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed for one night recently and I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I liked the secured parking garage and appreciated my room. No room service is offered. You have to order from the restaurant on-site and then go down to pick it up yourself. I did like the feel of the room but one thing that turned me off immediately was the coffee stain in the bathroom sink. It was easily washed out when I turned the water on but it did give me that "griddy" feeling.

Room Tip: High Up & Away from the Lifts.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I'll be going over your comments with our team to ensure this doesn’t happen again

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Address: 1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
Location: United States > Florida > Miami > Downtown
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #62 of 130 hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel Miami

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.