“Great hotel with easy access” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #61 of 130 hotels in Miami
Frankfurt, Germany
“Great hotel with easy access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Conveniently located to I-95 which is just a few blocks away so it is 10 minutes by car to Miami Beach.

We have only slept at the hotel but we recognized a lot of people which stayed of the hotel as they were taking the advantage of the closeness to the medical district.

The rooms are really spacious and i did not recognized the Highway close by. Our toilette was broken and they immediately came to fix it , great stuff. We have not been for breakfast but a Starbucks in the Lobby needs to be mentioned.

The only thing i honestly deeply regret is the fact that we have given 22 postcards to three different clerks on different days and only those 5 cards which were given during our stay, finally arrived. All other 17 cards which were given to two other clerks are still lost and this is 8 months ago and no fault of the post. If someone offers you the service to take of it i trust that this will work. Beside of the invested time and cost I am really unhappy with this situation.

But I will give the hotel one more chance on Aug. 23rd

All in all I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I'll certainly look into your concerns, although we have out going mail that is secured thats dropped and picked up daily. We look forward to your return and thansk again for letting me know your concerns

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have stayed at this property going on three times now as a family member is ill in a nearby hospital. At all times I have been impressed by the friendly, professional and very helpful staff. I have personally worked in hotel management for ten years and have high standards and expectations and I can honestly say that this hotel and staff cannot be faulted. They have been compassionate and always happy to help. The ladies at front desk, Marilyn who works behind the bar/restaurant, to luis who drives the shuttle are all great and welcome me back each and every time with a genuine smile and warmth. Regarding the hotel, it seems to be brand new so is in perfect condition and room and reception is always immaculate. Im fussy so I notice everything but I really cannot fault this hotel. (I havent tried the sofa beds but in my experience, I've never found a sofa bed to be comfortable full stop - its a SOFA bed!). The rooms are very large and spacious and I like the separate toilet from the bathroom. The work area is very good and I must say the free breakfast is fantastic considering it is free - huge choice. The wireless internet is free and also really good so add in the great little restaurant/bar and you have a great, clean friendly hotel at a fantastic price! A big thank you for always taking good care of me!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words, I'll be sure to share them with our teams, we hope all is well with you and your family and look forward to seeing you back soon
Naples
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

very nice hotel,close to the new marlin stadium. took taxi back and forth to the stadium. taxi was $10.00 each way and parking at stadium is $20.00. the hotel rooms have a seperate living room,refrigerator and microwave. price is good. parking is $15.00 a day. i will stay there everytime i go to a marlins baseball game.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Spent the weekend at this hotel and appreciated the services! Friendly staff at check-in, courtesy van to Bayside, felt safe and secure. The sofa bed was lumpy, however, room was clean and convenient for three guests to share. Get downstairs for breakfast early. Will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here while in town to see a Marlins game. It was close to the stadium (take a cab to the park as there are some questionable neighborhoods between the hotel and stadium). The room was clean and modern, and the staff was all very friendly. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room faced the highway, and you could definitely hear the traffic.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My only complaint with the hotel room is that the mattress on the sofa bed of the king suite must be the worst mattress you could possibly try to lay on. You feel EVERY single last spring in the mattress. We ended up rolling the sofa bed back up and one of us sharing the bed with the kids and the other slept right on the sofa. Hotel room is very modern and chic but not for kids since all the furniture has sharp corners. Only saw a couple of other kids there besides our own. Free buffet was not exciting, but just fine for our purposes.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, we've recently upgraded our breakfast items across the brand to include meats and cheeses, fresh vegetables and 2 types of eggs. We have been replacing our sofa mattresses regularly, and I'll take your comments in to consideration on moving this process on more quickly

thanks again
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family drove down for a 1 night pre cruise stay. As we were driving to the property we noticed the area/neighborhood really started to decline, though I never felt unsafe, it was a little off putting. The hotel itself was very crowded, but the staff was outstanding. From the clerk at the front desk who greeted us with a smile and a fantastic attitude, to the shuttle driver who took us to the port the following morning. I cannot remember his name, but I will never forget the ride. It was a very entertaining 10 minutes. The breakfast in the morning was standard fare. It was hot and good. The breakfast area was clean, but it was very crowded. The gym is lacking and the pool is little more then an oversized plunge pool, but hotel has a covered and secured parking garage and I left my car for 2 weeks while we were on the cruise. I returned and all was well. I would recommend this property, and would stay there again if I were in the area.

Room Tip: I would ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to your next stay with us

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Address: 1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
Location: United States > Florida > Miami > Downtown
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #61 of 130 hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel Miami

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.