“Affordable pre/post cruise hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #60 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Bakersfield
“Affordable pre/post cruise hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is great if you are just looking to transfer to/from the airport and to/from the port. They have a free airport shuttle and charge only $5pp for transfers to the port. (Much cheaper than cab fare.) Both are by van. The hotel room and bathroom was clean and the bed comfortable. The location doesn't offer much of anything. We walked to a little restaurant a few blocks away, but I wouldn't have done this if I was traveling alone. (You walk under a freeway overpass, so it's not a populated area to walk from the hotel to the nearest restaurant.) The breakfast seemed like the standard free hotel breakfast... nothing to get excited about, but sufficient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback on your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East Medical Center. I am glad you choose to stay with us prior to your cruise. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Booked in for the proximity to MIA, free shuttle and Wi-Fi. I was pleasantly surprised to find a recently renovated property with a room that was clean, spacious, serene and functional. The decor has a calm, Asian design that provided ample desk space to work which was cleverly divided away from sleeping space. There was both a water closet with a sink and then a separate shower and sink/vanity area so two people could get ready at the same time.

The desk staff was polite and efficient, as was the housekeeping staff.

The location is sketchy at best. There are few amenities in the area, so find necessary provisions elsewhere. And the shuttle begins at 6:00, though a taxi is about $16 to the airport if one is required prior to 6AM.

A very comfortable room close to the airport.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feed back on your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East Medical Center. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the accomodations. We look forward to seeing you on a return trip.

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights this passed weekend, and I had an excellent experience there. The front desk personnel is friendly and very helpful. The room was clean, bathroom was very nice, housekeeping was on point, and the breakfast was good to be free. You do not have to pay for parking because you can park in the street with no problems. If you do that, you will save 15$ daily on parking. There is nothing to do round the area but its convenience, south beach is like 10 minutes away, downtown is like 5 min away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us during your time in Miami. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very nice place with great rooms and wonderful breakfast. Price is very decent compare to high prices in Miami. If required, you can cancel reservation on the same day.
Close to a shopping center
Service desk was very helpful.We got a running path map around the lakes near the hotel and it was very nice.

Room Tip: We slept all the family (3 kids) in one room and it was very comfortable. Ask for a room with lake...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay in Miami. I believe you may have stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport South given the lakes and path you described. Your comments are appearing on the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East page. At any rate, I appreciate you choosing Marriott Hotels and delighted you enjoyed your time in Miami.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked 7 rooms here the night before a cruise. Upon arrival we needed to wait over an hour because not one of the rooms had been ready yet. As a result of that, we were offered the fares to the pier the following day to be complimentary.... I just got home from my cruise to find out that not only was my room charged 29 people at $5.00 per person but everyone in my party was individually charged as well for a service that should have been free. In addition to that, the shuttle can only accomodate 10 people so we sent 10 people in the shuttle and the rest of us scrambled for cabs. This was not the worst part of my experience though. I stepped out of my room for 20 mins, during this time my fiance's sister arrived and told the front desk to just let her in my room because I was expecting her. Only MY name was on the room, her and I do not have the same last name either. Without questioning her further, they just handed out a room key to her so when I returned to my room, I opened it up to her and her husband in there waiting for me to return. I AM FLOORED at how this can happen. So beware if you book a room at this hotel, evidently they give your room key out to anyone who claims to know you. When I confronted the front desk manager, all he said was that it normally doesn't happen like that and proceeded to make excuses for his staff. Book a room at this hotel and you risk your privacy and safety... period.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry your stay was not up to the standards you would expect at a Marriott hotel. I am very concerned about your comments regarding guest room access as we do have strict protocols in place for allowing and denying access to guest rooms. If you would please contact me at the hotel I would appreciate the opporutnity to speak with you and perhaps clear up the billing issue with the shuttles. I can be reached at 305-575-5302.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here NYE 2012 before attending the PItbull concert at AAA. Upon arrival, we took note of the neighborhood and decided that walking anywhere at night might not be our best option. They do have a shuttle, however it was PACKED so we had the front desk call a cab, and they were very accomodating. The hotel is a little out of the way, but considering our other available options, we decided on this one. The room was very nice, and the bed was very comfortable. I would stay again if I needed to be at the medical center because of the close proximity, otherwise, the price would have to be appealing if I were planning to be in the Miami Beach area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center and thank you for staying with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Best Regards
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you need be at the U Miami medical cebnter campus this is a good place to stay. The rooms are clean large with a nice flat screen TV.
THe hotel runs a free shuttle to the medical campus as well as to the airport .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center and for providing your feedback on your experience. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback regarding the service you recieved in our restaurant. I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the future.

Best Regards,

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Address: 1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
Location: United States > Florida > Miami > Downtown
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #60 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel Miami

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.