“Good stay, nice property.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #62 of 129 Hotels in Miami
East Central Florida
“Good stay, nice property.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed one night at this property for business in central Miami on a promotional $118/night AAA rate. The hotel is nicely apportioned, attentive front desk staff, clean lobby area. Parking is marginal for check-in, one narrow semi-circular drive leads to the front desk area off a busy street, the street itself is marked "no parking", it would be very easy to get blocked up in the single-car drive. The property has a parking garage on-site, room key access opens the gate. Spaces are somewhat tight and it's somewhat difficult to navigate in and out of spaces due to the large amount of over-sized vehicles parking in the small-ish spaces. One elevator for the parking garage led to the main lobby, you caught another elevator to the guest floors.

Room was clean and nicely decorated, I had a two bed Queen studio room. Clean internal hallways. The Paul Mitchell amentities advertised by the hotel are small hotel-sized bottles, not the larger bottles pictured on the website. Good hot water and plenty of flow. Bedding consisted of memory-foam beds that had some body impression but adjusted after a little while, hotel gives you a choice of pillows between feather and foam (the foam pillow was fine). No problems with express check-out. Lot of taxes/fees, example is the $15.00/day fee for parking with $3.10 tax added on. A $118 bill ended up being $153 with all the added taxes & fees. Personally I would not walk outside the property after hours unless I had to, but Miami PD seems to keep an eye on the hotel. I ran into two officers enjoying the complementary breakfast this morning.

Breakfast buffet, in my opinion, was marginal. There were things missing such as pastries which you can get on Choice or Hilton stays that were missing from the Springhill menu. There were three hot dishes, scrambled eggs, pork sausage patties, and scrambled eggs. A third (different) hot dish of some kind would have been nice, and which you can get normally at many upscale hotels. No apple juice, just orange and cranberry out of the juice machine. The buffet was only semi-well maintenanced, the cold water was out the entire time I was eating. Cleanliness was medium, not outstanding.

All in all this was a good stay, with some exceptions as outlined above. This property was very convienent to the location I needed to go, so location rather then pricepoint dictated my hotel selection this time. I'd stay at this property again if I had to come back to this part of Miami, although my wallet is still wincing a little bit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Your review mentioned our breakfast buffet. I wanted to let you know that I am happy to say that due to customer feedback, the SpringHill Suites brand will be making changes to our breakfast menu currently scheduled to begin in the Spring of 2013. Thank you again for staying with us.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I am a Marriott VIP. We stay at Marriott hotels almost exclusively so this review is upsetting to me to have to write. This was the worst stay ever. The room was not clean. Please see pictures attached. We received a coupon as a welcome gift that was for BOGO entrees. We ordered apps instead and were told that they would call after they were done. After 20 minutes, we went to get them and they told us that the apps would be done in 45 minutes. It was getting late but we accepted this and went on with our evening. We had dinner from pizza delivery before the apps were delivered to us within the hotel. Once we were ready for bed, we pulled out the extra blanket from the closet and unfolded it to find something akin to a blood stain on it. We called down for another blanket and again, were told that there would be a wait. It was bed time. We went down to find a manager and resolve the situation. We received a clean blanket and an hour later, one was delivered to our door as well. After getting a new blanket, we received an email notice on our phone alerting us to a charge on our bank account. Apparently, Marriott not only charged the card that we gave them at check in but also their account of record. After several tries with the night attendant and the morning manager, this was resolved. It was all a bit much before a cruise. I will never stay there again and may not stay with Marriott if VIPS are treated this way.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we take all our guest comments and always look for ways to improve.
We hope to see you back soon
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a nice, unassuming little hotel. The staff was very friendly ad helpful especially Ronald who works at the front desk. The decor of the rooms were very retro-modern and i loved it. SpringHill suites is very good if visiting persons at the hospital or if laying over before a flight or eve a cruise. We stayed there the night before our cruise. The hotel has a shuttle to pick you up from the airport and they have shuttles to almost everywhere including Bayside. They also have a shuttle to the Cruise Port which cost as little as $10. There is a complimentary breakfast which is also good in the morns. Complimentary tea and coffee is also available in the lobby. The hotel also has a restaurant and a Starbucks right in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel to anyone at anytime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Largo, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at this property on several occassions, it is conveniently located near Jackson Memorial where I am receiving treatment. The front desk staff could not be more welcoming, they greet me with a smile and a warm hello which makes me feel welcome. The shuttles to the hospital and surrounding facilities are a great asset, the drivers are terrific. Luis is a gem, he is very sociable and caring, he remembers me from past stays. The area is not the greatest but I am comfortable walking around during the day. I will use this hotel again.

Room Tip: I like the rooms with the walk in shower.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center. I also want to thank you for your loyalty as a repeat guest and for the kind words you shared about our staff members and I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

bedford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Enjoyed this hotel for a brief stay before hitting a cruise. The shuttle at $5/ea was a nice benefit. The lounge was taxed the night we stayed and the poor girl running the show had a horrible time keeping up. Breakfast is a bit of a madhouse, but very reasonable considering the price (Free)
The room was very comfortable and the staff tried very hard to make it an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center and for making me aware of staffing challenges we had in our restaurant during the evening hours. My apologies for any delay in service. We typically staff our restaurant based on our projected occupancy. Thank you again for taking the time to write and for staying with us.
Gresham, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here as a lay over for a cruise. The hotel was clean and updated. The staff was very helpful and accommodating.
They offer an airport shuttle, however, you can't call ahead with the flight time and we waited close to 20 minutes for the van to arrive. They offer rides to the local mall and cruise ships for $5 per person which is very reasonable.
The area is inner city and I wouldn't have felt comfortable walking around at night but was fun to explore during the day. The medical center is very close so many people are there for hospital visits and many students are at the hotel. There are a number of places to eat in the area and the hotel offers a dinner. I didn't try it.
The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The toilet is in a separate room which is very nice, however, there is no place to hand towels in either bath area. Our particular room had a shower that leaked all over the floor.
Breakfast was usual with eggs, waffles, cereal, pastries. It was pretty crowded and I had to bus a table to find a seat.
Overall, I felt like this was a great value for the price and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I should have known that this hotel would be trouble when the taxi pulled up to the front door and there was an unsightly mob smoking cigarettes in front of the entrance. The clerk at the desk was nice and the food in the restaurant was better than expected. The room was surprisingly nice. Unfortunately I was woke up at 1 am by the burning stench of cigarette smoke from another guest, probably in the room below me. I have lived in NYC and can tolerate anything but the stench of smoke was so bad that my eyes were tearing and my lungs were burning.

I called the front desk to see if there was another room available and received absolutely no help. A security guard came up and determined that the source of the fumes was probably from the room below mine.

Finally, at 3 am I was told that there were no other rooms available and left for another hotel, much more expensive and further away from the medical center,where I had an important meeting the next day.

In summary, the hotel is Ghetto with a capital G. There is a reason the rooms are so cheap.

Avoid Avoid Avoid!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. I am very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. All Marriott brand hotels in North America have adopted a smoke free environment within the building and charges a $250 fee for smoking inside a guest room, notification of the fee is posted inside our guest rooms. I am very sorry this occurred and we were not able to relocate you to another room as you requested.

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Address: 1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
Location: United States > Florida > Miami > Downtown
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #62 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel Miami

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.