“Hate to go here, but its a good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #61 of 131 hotels in Miami
NJ
“Hate to go here, but its a good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you have loved ones or business at Jackson Memorial this is the closest best place to stay. But it's frequently the most expensive. If you need to keep coming back and keep expenses down check the airport or the Doral section where hotels are sometimes better priced and the parking is free.

The good: rooms and public areas are always clean. The gym is well equipped. There is a bar! Free breakfast. Microwaves and fridges in all the rooms. DIY laundry. The staff are friendly.

The bad: $18 for parking -- if you are going to the medical center and won't be driving leave your car in any of the towers and walk. It's $8 a day there but no in/out privileges. The breakfast is always the same. They seem to always run out of coffee at breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we take all our guest comments and always look for ways to improve.
We hope to see you back soon

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Was an hour waiting on the airport shuttle! Was informed by staff that they Do not provide shuttle service in a 3 mile radius as posted on the website I booked through( staff blamed website), Wound up paying for roundtrip cab fair to meet family for dinner. Booked our shuttle to cruise the next morning, received call from rude staff asking me to change times, advised this was the time we needed, asked to speak to a manager and was advised no manager on duty on Sunday nights. Not the best neighborhood and not worth the hassle!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry you did not recieve the level of service during your stay that you would expect from a Marriott hotel. When we spoke at the hotel, I could certainly understand your frustration and hope I was able to accomodate to your expectations given the circumstances. Once again, my sincere apologies. Your comments as you had communicated to me have been shared with our associates.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Springhill Suites in Miami was an excellent hotel. I had no complaints regarding any issue while staying there. The rooms were excellent - VERY modern and interesting, with interestingly shaped tables, large bathrooms, a microwave and mini-fridges, a large HD TV and free Internet - a must! Parking was "only" $15 - a lower price than most inner-city hotels - and the breakfast was excellent - plenty of room, and a good menu for a complimentary start of your day. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The area around the hotel is relatively safe, but guests are advised not to "wander too far off the beaten path." Fortunately, guests at the hotel to use the medical service buildings surrounding the hotel should have NO problems - that section of town seems quite safe and well protected. Overall, staying here was a pleasure, and it's not too far from the beach, but you still escape the chaos of South Beach. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the accomodations and services provided. We look forward to your return visit.

Port Harcourt, Nigeria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was greeted warmly that's the only good thing about this hotel. Stayed only one nite with my daughter to catch a plane back home. When it was cash + points and was made to pay $100 as security. The $100 was refunded to me upon departure . I was dumbfound on return home when checked my account they had gone in to withdraw over a hundred and ten dollars had been taken from my debit card acct which i didnot use in booking this hotel, when I called the lady who answered said I stayed 2 nights I told her that was ot true as I residence inn Orlando on the 2nd of sept and left for my country 3rd of sept and that I only spent of sep 2nd in this hotel that she could verify before she back down . She said their hotel does not allow cash + points , no hotel accepted the booking on line I don't understand.
I learnt one lesson though is that I check my bills well and never to book this hotel ( Spring Hill suites by Marriott airport medical center.

Room Tip: Never stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. Our hotels location serves the needs of persons visiting the hospital district, downtown, Marlins Stadium, the airport and Port of Miami. I would ask that you contact me at the hotel to better understand the circumstances around the billing issue so I may access your folio of hotel charges and perhaps clarify the billing portion of the bill. I am sorry you were not satsified with your stay. I can be reached at 305-575-5300.

David Huntzinger
St. Thomas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was put up in this hotel when I received a hotel voucher from my Airline. The area was a little "rough" and a few of the people coming and going that night were a "little questionable" however once in my room I felt safe. I was very surprised how nice (and clean) the room was, very nice decor! I would definitely stay here for business...maybe not pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical center. Our hotels location was selected to serve the needs of those persons visiting the UM/JMH Medical Centers, Marlins Stadium, downtown Miami, the airport and Port of Miami. I am pleased to hear you were happy with your room accomodations. Thank you for staying with us.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

To Whom it May Concern,

I want to send my sincerest gratitude to your staff and hotel. I recently was stuck in Miami because of hurricane Issac. When I arrived at two in the morning, I was greeted by the warmest, sweetest person at the desk.She quickly got us settled and could not have been more accomodating. . Our room was spacious and clean. Every single hotel employee met us with smiles and friendly conversations. The desk staff were beyond helpful, patient and amazing. I stay in hotels all the time and I have never felt so comfortable. The staff knew we were waiting for our cruise to leave and the went out of there way to make us feel comfortable. The front desk even gave us updates from the cruise line. We were even allowed to saty in our rooms an extra hour. When we were waiting in the lobby one of your staff members kept everyone happy. his name was louis. He was so great to us.
Thanks for a clean affordable place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your comments about your experience. I will be certain to pass along your comments to our staff.

David Huntzinger
Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Unless you fancy the idea of needing medical attention during your next hotel stay then it would be very wise to avoid making a reservation with the Spring Hill Suites (Marriott) Miami Airport East. In fact, as there are numerous other hotels in the area I can sincerely state, without a doubt, my overall regret of reserving a room at this location.

The rooms in this hotel are not properly maintained and unfortunately I have an injury as proof of the aforementioned. During the early morning hour, while going to the restroom, I stepped on an improperly installed tack strip that was hidden by the carpeting. As a result I received several puncture marks to the heel of my right foot which caused immediate pain, bleeding, swelling and redness.

My one night stay at the aforementioned hotel was intended to situate me closer to the Port of Miami as I was scheduled for a cruise vacation the following day. Little did I know that my decision to book a room at this mediocre establishment would entail a visit to a nearby medical facility for a tetanus vaccine, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment during my cruise vacation, loss of a good nights sleep and absolutely no offer to enjoy a hot breakfast which was indeed included with my reservation.

To add insult to injury, instead of being offered a hot meal after spending the better part of my morning in pain, speaking with hotel management, writing a narrative for the incident report to be filed with Marriott's Claims Department and being treated at a medical facility I was not afforded the opportunity to start my day with a hot breakfast. Additionally, for some unbeknownst reason the dining room staff refused to allow someone traveling with me to prepare and guard, on my behalf, a plate from the breakfast buffet until my return from seeking medical treatment. Please note, that although this location boasts a small dining room equipped to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as 24 hour room service I was only offered upon my return from seeking medical treatment, as my first meal of the day, a pack of peanuts, a cookie, a bottled drink and a Hot Pocket like sandwich that I was informed was to be prepared in my room.

Needless to say, due to the aforementioned negligence of this hotel to maintain the premises in a safe and appropriate manner I spent nearly my entire cruise vacation looking for somewhere to sit down due to the pain and swelling in my foot. The cherry on the cake was the response of Marriott's Claim Department offering a mere $200.00 written settlement for my injury, pain and suffering, and the loss of enjoyment for my cruise vacation which cost me nearly $2000.00.

Therefore, if you don't mind being injured unnecessarily, receiving unplanned immunizations and/or having your vacation plans ruined make your next reservation with the Spring Hill Suites (Marriott) Miami Airport East and dollars to doughnuts you'll experience problems that you had never imagined possible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We hope to see you back soon

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel
Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel Miami
Address: 1311 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
Location: United States > Florida > Miami > Downtown
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #61 of 131 hotels in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.