“Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

To Whom it May Concern,

I want to send my sincerest gratitude to your staff and hotel. I recently was stuck in Miami because of hurricane Issac. When I arrived at two in the morning, I was greeted by the warmest, sweetest person at the desk.She quickly got us settled and could not have been more accomodating. . Our room was spacious and clean. Every single hotel employee met us with smiles and friendly conversations. The desk staff were beyond helpful, patient and amazing. I stay in hotels all the time and I have never felt so comfortable. The staff knew we were waiting for our cruise to leave and the went out of there way to make us feel comfortable. The front desk even gave us updates from the cruise line. We were even allowed to saty in our rooms an extra hour. When we were waiting in the lobby one of your staff members kept everyone happy. his name was louis. He was so great to us.
Thanks for a clean affordable place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your comments about your experience. I will be certain to pass along your comments to our staff.

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Unless you fancy the idea of needing medical attention during your next hotel stay then it would be very wise to avoid making a reservation with the Spring Hill Suites (Marriott) Miami Airport East. In fact, as there are numerous other hotels in the area I can sincerely state, without a doubt, my overall regret of reserving a room at this location.

The rooms in this hotel are not properly maintained and unfortunately I have an injury as proof of the aforementioned. During the early morning hour, while going to the restroom, I stepped on an improperly installed tack strip that was hidden by the carpeting. As a result I received several puncture marks to the heel of my right foot which caused immediate pain, bleeding, swelling and redness.

My one night stay at the aforementioned hotel was intended to situate me closer to the Port of Miami as I was scheduled for a cruise vacation the following day. Little did I know that my decision to book a room at this mediocre establishment would entail a visit to a nearby medical facility for a tetanus vaccine, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment during my cruise vacation, loss of a good nights sleep and absolutely no offer to enjoy a hot breakfast which was indeed included with my reservation.

To add insult to injury, instead of being offered a hot meal after spending the better part of my morning in pain, speaking with hotel management, writing a narrative for the incident report to be filed with Marriott's Claims Department and being treated at a medical facility I was not afforded the opportunity to start my day with a hot breakfast. Additionally, for some unbeknownst reason the dining room staff refused to allow someone traveling with me to prepare and guard, on my behalf, a plate from the breakfast buffet until my return from seeking medical treatment. Please note, that although this location boasts a small dining room equipped to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as 24 hour room service I was only offered upon my return from seeking medical treatment, as my first meal of the day, a pack of peanuts, a cookie, a bottled drink and a Hot Pocket like sandwich that I was informed was to be prepared in my room.

Needless to say, due to the aforementioned negligence of this hotel to maintain the premises in a safe and appropriate manner I spent nearly my entire cruise vacation looking for somewhere to sit down due to the pain and swelling in my foot. The cherry on the cake was the response of Marriott's Claim Department offering a mere $200.00 written settlement for my injury, pain and suffering, and the loss of enjoyment for my cruise vacation which cost me nearly $2000.00.

Therefore, if you don't mind being injured unnecessarily, receiving unplanned immunizations and/or having your vacation plans ruined make your next reservation with the Spring Hill Suites (Marriott) Miami Airport East and dollars to doughnuts you'll experience problems that you had never imagined possible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we take all our guest comments and always look for ways to improve.
We hope to see you back soon
Williamswood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here witih my two daughters on a stop over on our way home from Bonaire. Airport shuttle, nice breakfast, beautifully appointed rooms, and fantastic staff. We were trying to pring off boarding passes and the computer in the lobby was not working properly and the woman behind the front desk printed them for us.

The shuttle does not leave too often, but had we been that particular, we could have taken a cab. We did take the shuttle to Westbay,and we had a lovely evening. That was at the front desk person's recommendation, and we are glad we did it. We had no other plans for the evening.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your response and for staying at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center. I was deligheted to hear about your experience at our hotel and hope you and your daughters enjoyed your time in Miami. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Thank you again for staying with us.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I must say I found it impressive that I found a recently budgeted hotel in the Miami area, with clean sheets and no roaches in the room. The breakfast at the hotel is good considering it is free. The Shuttle bus is convenient especially for areas nearby, but the shuttle doesn't come very often and the pickup,drop off times are a bit sporadic.

I was still disappointed in the decor of this hotel, the uninviting feeling it gives, and the temperature of the room. I put the ac down to 68 at night and it still felt like it was 78 even though I heard the AC running right next to me. The room is very small and I agree with some other reviewers about the privacy of the bathroom; there is none. I didn't have a good sleep in the one night we stayed there because in order to charge our phones, we had to keep a light on so that the power connecting to the outlets could run. bed were comfy, but the room was warm as I mentioned before, and, my husband and I were rudely awakened by the alarm clock next to the bed which was either purposely or rudely set by a previous guest (or maid) for 3:30 a.m. We both woke up in a daze and in the dark scrambling to turn it off. I suggest house cleaning reset these every time they clean a room thanks.

The breakfast area was crowded and my family and I could barely even find a place to sit and the line to make a waffle was extremely long. I didn't appreciate the attitude of the girl who checked me in, especially when I asked her if the parking fee was waived for those visiting any of the hospitals nearby, e.g. Jackson Memorial Hospital. Since I had read more than one review on here stating there was a discount, not only on parking, but on the rooms as well, I decided to ask. She scoffed at me sarcastically and said she "had never heard of that at all and that I would have to pay for parking".

The shower in the rooms had a weak stream to it and the water never seemed to get very hot. The area surrounding the hotel is the second worst in Miami (Overtown) and only a few blocks away from the worst (Liberty City). I noticed a lot of people visiting the medical center, hospital, cruise goers, and tourists. Not a lot of people there on business. I myself was in town with the husband, parents, and sister with her kids to visit a sick family member staying at Jackson Hospital. I asked to get a room close to my family, and although my parents and my sister got two room across from each other, we were placed 8 rooms down, even though I only checked in about 45 minutes before them. I guess we were at least on the same floor.

Overall the $104.00 I paid for the room was as well spent as I can expect in this economy and with the new standard of customer service that exists today. I am afraid to know what other hotels are like. If I stay here again it will only be because I can't find anything better for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East Medical Center. I am sorry you were disappointed in your stay. I will be sharing your feedback with our staff addressing your concerns on the level of service you received. Our engineering team has checked on our water temperature and pressure and made necessary adjustments and I thank you for bringing this to our attention and thank you again for staying with us.

Vero Beach, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Headed down to Miami to watch the Dodgers play the Marlins. Did some research on hotels that are close to the park and would shuttle. Find this one, rooms seemed to be nice and price was reasonable for being Miami. Got to the hotel and found the neighborhood wasnt that great, was almost scared to get out of the car. The front staff didnt have a room ready for us, mind you we were almost an hr early, had to wait in the lobby almost 30 mins for someone to help us. Never even gave an option to park in the garage. Was told our card needed to be ran as a debit by default, turned out no to be true, Never even signed a single paper she just slid the card. Then they charged almost 25 more then when we had reserved the hotel online. Got to our room and it was actually very nice, clean and bed was very comfortable. Went to the front to ask about the shuttle service to the park, was told they dont do that we would have to wait for the trolley that comes every 15 minutes. Waited almost an hour for a trolley that never came, and had the pleasure of "watching" some young man undress and change his clothes right in front of us, yet another sign of a great neighborhood. Ended up waisting 20 to pay for parking because no one could tell us where or how to get to the ballpark. Ordered pizza after getting back and the front office staff called our hotel room after midnight to see if we were getting delivery. Following morning we received a bill under our door that stated all the fees, i have never heard of a place that charges you a parking fee and then charges you tax on top of that! Went down to breakfast and you have LOTS of people trying to cram into one little room and get breakfast. Although the food was great, could have used more room and seating area. Ask another front desk clerk about the charges on our bill and why we were charged more then the bill amount, she stated it was just a hold to make sure it goes through, also mentioned that the trolley doesnt normally run on the weekends unless there is a special event that day. She was very nice and very helpful. All in all i wont be staying at the hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am very sorry you were disappointed with your stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the details of your stay. When you have an opportunity would you please contact me at 305-575-5300. Thank you for sharing your feed back and for choosing SpringHill Suites.

Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the night before our cruise in late july. We came in after 10:45 pm at night, and normally would have missed the free shuttle to the hotel and would have had to pay a cab. I called the hotel a couple of days ahead to let them know we were coming in after the last shuttle run. Maria, the front desk receptionist offered to wait for us with the shuttle. This is what I call classy.
Our room was pleasantly large and clean, and the service excellent. The next day, for $5 each, we were shuttled to the pier to catch our cruise. Louis, our animated and entertaining driver, wanted to make sure everyone was happy and made the short trip memorable!.
If you need a hotel the night before your cruise, i highly recommend this place... there is not much to see around there, but its a short ride to the pier, accomodating staff and lovely rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments and for staying at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center. I was delighted to read your comments and glad you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sharing your comments with Maria and the rest of our team.

tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I really like this place staff very helpful, place very clean, very convinient to the miami beach like 7 min with gps direction. Food was great more than I expected. The location wasnt too good but the hotel has gate parking place and security. Overall very satisfied!

Room Tip: Very close to the HWY.