“Greatest House Keeper ever” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Greatest House Keeper ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just wanted to give a shout out for my House Keeper Elena who works at the Residence Inn Miami Airport. I’ve been a road warier for over 30 years staying in hotels for a month or more each time and Elena is by far the best House Keeper I’ve ever had.
While Elena is Latina and speaks little english, we communicate very well and she always ensures my room is fully serviced and stocked with the necessities. I had several family and friends visit during my recent stay and Elena made sure everyone was comfortable and ensured that we all had what we needed.
If you are traveling to Miami and staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport, do yourself a favor and request a room in Elena’s area.

John Byrum
Residence Inn Miami Airport room 123 July/August 2014

Room Tip: Pick a room serviced by Elena
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Midnight Spook,

Thank you for staying with us and for recognizing our Housekeeper. I am delighted to know that she t is taking great care of you during your stay with us.

Alex Caceres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The staff and management at the Residence Inn Miami Airport are a shining example of great hospitality and exceptional service!

They made us feel at home by listening, offering tips and tricks on making the most of our trip. They genuinely cared about our comfort and enjoyment.

Mary was particularly good (didn't learn her last name). Nathalia Rojas was awesome! She was always professional but always upbeat and warm. She's a clear example of what great front line service means.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Alfayaz J,

Thank you for writing about our hotel and our associates Nathalia and Mary. I am delighted to know that they took great care of you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

US Virgin Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Residence Inn last week and upon arriving home, discovered that I'd left my bathroom bag in the room. Having met Nathalia at the front desk, I called the hotel and spoke to her about sending it to me.

Marriott is really fortunate to have such a friendly, helpful employee as Nathalia! She is truly a perfect person to work in a hotel setting dealing with your guests. Always with a smile and always willing to help. Please thank her for me and I do hope Marriott recognizes and rewards employees like Nathalia.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Joschus,

Thank you for writing about our hotel. I am delighted to know that Nathalia took great care of you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Altamonte Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel was amazing! It was an older hotel, but it had been completely redone. The inside was so inviting and it felt the way you'd expect a Florida hotel to feel. The hotel was part of a Marriott "campus" which also included a Courtyard by Marriott and a Marriott. The entire campus was gated and beautifully maintained.

Our room was perfect! Since we had two pets with us we were given a room on the first floor that was also near a side entrance. It was great because we didn't have to bring the dogs through the lobby every time we took them outside. But the dogs loved going through the lobby to visit with the staff and hotel guests, so we still went that way a lot. It was a 1 bedroom suite (with a king bed) that had a full kitchen, living area, and a huge bathroom. The kitchen was a great size and included a full-sized fridge, microwave, stove/oven, and even a dishwasher. The cabinets were stocked full of everything you could need during your stay. They even had microwave popcorn for you! There was a table for two right by the kitchen so that you could sit down and enjoy your meals.

The kitchen opened up to the living area which included a desk (with an ergonomic chair), a coach (that had a pull out bed, a chair, coffee table with ottoman, and a nice sized flat screen tv. The window in the living room made the whole area feel light and bright. But it did have the stand hotel blackout curtains in case you wanted it a bit darker. We took advantage of those in the living room and bedroom since we were on the first floor and people could see in.

One of the best things about the room was that there was a door that separated the living room area from the bedroom and bathroom. Once through that door you can to the main part of the bathroom which included a large sink area with loads of storage. There was also a closet in this area as well. In its own room was the toilet and the shower. The bedroom included a wonderful king sized bed, a dresser with a tv, and another closet. The room had everything you needed and still felt cozy.

The room, along with the rest of the hotel, was very modern. The decorations were in nice bright colors, the artwork was modern, and the light fixtures were even fun. They were the kind that you would pick out for your own home. They didn't look like something that came from the "generic hotel lights" catalog.

The hotel lobby was so open, bright and inviting. Most of the walls were windows which made the space seem even bigger than it was. The whole lobby was filed with comfortable furniture groupings that just screamed "come have a seat!" A complimentary breakfast was offered every day and the breakfast area was off the lobby. This provided additional seating as breakfast was crowded every morning.

Right outside the lobby was a beautiful courtyard area that included two tables dining tables and some really comfy couches. Connected to this area was the hot tub. Since there were three hotels on this campus there was a large pool area that all the hotels shared. It was a very short walk from our hotel, but it was nice having the spa right there as well. Especially since it was right outside the fitness room.

This hotel really did have everything you needed for a weekend stay or a month long business trip. In addition to the great rooms they had a complimentary breakfast buffet, business center, fitness room, a laundry room, complimentary wireless internet access, airport shuttle, a meeting room, and a little store to buy food & drinks. The campus also includes a restaurant, bar, Starbucks, and a pool. And of course, the hotel is pet friendly :)

They staff was amazing! When we were telling my grandfather about the great staff he asked if they all knew why we were there. Some of the staff did and some didn’t, but they are all so friendly and helpful. The staff at the front desk makes you feel welcome from the minute you walk in. One of the best things is that they KNOW their guests. We were waiting to ask a question and there was a gentleman checking in for a 4 week stay that stays there often. The woman checking him in asked him all about his last trip, his wife, and even one of his coworkers. Another woman that works at the front desk keeps one of their frequent guests’ dog with her during the day so it isn’t alone. How cool is that?

After our first night there we wondered how things would work with housekeeping since we had two dogs in the room. I decided to just go ask for clean towels at the front desk and be done with it. But instead we were told to just let them know when we’d be leaving with the dogs and they would send housekeeping to freshen up the room and drop off clean towels while we were gone. The housekeeper made the bed, brought us new towels, cleaned up the kitchen, vacuumed, and even left us a note saying that she hoped we had a great day. It was so nice not having to worry about someone coming into the room while the dogs were there and we were not.

The entire property was pet friendly, so we could take the dogs everywhere with us. There were a couple areas with pet stations that included trash cans and bags to pick up your poop, but as long as you cleaned up after your animal they could go (ha ha) anywhere. Each morning we would take them on a walk through the lobby (so they could say hi to their new friends) and around the property. It was great being able to take them out whenever.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with 4 adults and a 1 year old for 5 nights. We reserved a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchenette and a living room with 2 bathrooms. We had a pleasant stay! The staff was very delightful and very helpful. The rooms were very clean and the hotel was located within minutes from the airport. The only reason why I would possibly decide not to stay there again is the parking rate. We had 2 cars and stayed there for 5 nights ($170 excluding taxes) so we paid a lot for parking unfortunately. Other than that we had a great stay!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Lincur25,

Thank you for writing about the hotel. We are so happy that you had a pleasant stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This place was the whole package. Clean modern room with kitchenette, breakfast with lots of options including hot dishes, a pool and every employee we came across went out of their way to accommodate us. If I had a complaint it would only be the cost of overnight parking for the rental car. Everything else was above my expectations.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear SeeJaneEatStayPlay,

Thank you for writing about the hotel. We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Vernon Hills, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I just recently returned home from a 60+ night stay at the Residence Inn Miami Airport. I was down in Miami for job training for a new job and this is where my company put me.

The hotel is located very close to the MIA airport and has a shuttle bus that runs frequently, so it is convenient for those flying in and out of MIA.

The hotel is very clean and modern. My room was nice and spacious. My room had a small stove, full size fridge, and a dishwasher which is nice if you are planning on staying long term. There are a couple grocery stores nearby, but the front desk staff will go buy your groceries without charge if you need them to. Just give them a list of what you want and they will go get it. There are also a few restaurants, most of them Cuban, within walking distance of the hotel.

The hotel does have complimentary breakfast every morning. Scrambled eggs, sausage or ham, cereal, breads, pastries, fruit, etc. They do have dinner for the guests three nights a week. Dinner varied every week, but inluded tacos, hamburgers, sandwiches, pasta, etc. However, it is a lot of processed food, so keep that in mind if you are a health nut. It's complimentary and a nice gesture on the hotel's part, so I'm certainly not complaining. There is also a gas grill for guests to use on the back patio which is a good option to have. There were several nights that we went to the grocery store and bought steaks, burgers, etc and grilled out.

Finally, the best part of this hotel was the staff. I travel a lot for work and normally stay in several different hotels a month and I can honestly say that the front desk staff at this hotel is proably the friendliest and most helpful staff that I have come across at any hotel, at least as long as I can remember. Special shoutouts to Laura, Nathalia, Pawee, Daniel, and David. Each one of them were awesome and made a long stay away from home much easier to deal with.

Overall, I had a great stay at the Residence Inn MIA. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, no matter wheter it's only for a couple nights or a couple months.

Green Features: This is one area that was lacking. I'm not a tree hugger by any means, but I do try to recycle when I can. Have recycling bins in the room would be nice. I went through a ton of plastic water bottles since I stayed for more than two months.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sanstorm,

We are delighted you enjoyed your 60 days with us. Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review.
Come back and see us soon,