“great option for long layover - day stay” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #10 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Michigan
“great option for long layover - day stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had an 8 hour layover in MIA from 10AM to 6PM, so looked for a "day stay" contacting hotels very close to the airport. The idea was to minimize getting to a place to swim at the pool and relax. Day stays are not usually offered on the web sites and so you need to contact hotels directly as I am guessing they offer it based on space (since cleaning crews usually finish up regular hours a day stay seems to block two days -this is another guess). Two responded the Sheraton and the RI. While the Sheraton also seemed a nice option we went with RI for about 15$ more to get the one bedroom suite (so I could sleep while the kids played) and were quite happy. They were very accommodating and asked since we would miss the breakfast time if we would like them to keep some of the breakfast for when we arrived, which we gratefully accepted. The service was very pleasant and everyone friendly, which is nice for a traveling family. Another positive is that the shuttle bus is for the CY and the Marriott and so runs every 15 minutes. The only minor negative was that the pool is next to the Marriott --a 2 minute walk but not right next to the building.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Pasqualinho,

Thank you for writing such a detail review. We are delighted that you chose our hotel and enjoyed all the facilities that we have to offer.

We look forward to seeing you back soon,

Kind regards,
Alexandra Caceres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Powell, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Good location, great staff, especially the front desk. Great breakfast. Great value for your money. No need for executive apartment if u plan long term stay. Try the Cuban restaurants around. Residence Inn never disappoints me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Boscini,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next graduation!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed last week for 2 nights top high floor, beautiful view of the city... A few things I recommend: currently they are three properties on site from the Marriott with two restaurants on site- it would be nice if they can have a menu on each room vs a single copy at the front desk. Also please provide a map or explain to your guest the room order, my room was #3608 on the 6th FLOOR!! No one bother to let us know our room was on the last floor and here I was w/all my lodge going crazy looking for our rm on the 3rd floor. They should handout a map to guest,specially when their are all mixed up! Other then that it was a good stay, breakfast was good. The room it self (bed was awesome) was great. Which they did charge so high for the parking, but it has security so I guess is ok! Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed June 2014
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Babycom,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. I am delighted that you found our beds to be awesome!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Alex Caceres
Elizabeth, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had family and stay was very comfortable and breakfast was excellent supplement. I stayed one night at this hotel in the first week went straight 5/2014. Free car pickup from the airport shuttle very punctual. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear scott r,

Thank you for your comment about your stay with us. Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Alex Caceres
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

After missing a connecting flight on our way home from vacation my husband chose to stay at this hotel for the one night we were in town. From the moment I called to verify availability, Laura at the front desk was more than helpful. When we checked in about 15 minutes later and requested a store to go buy some essentials we were not planning on needing, Laura quickly let us know where to go, confirmed how late the store was open, and got us a cab while we dropped our luggage in the room. Unfortunately, I experienced an emergency that evening that required me to be taken to the hospital via ambulance. There was a change in front desk staff during that time but it did not change how helpful the staff was. Gene at the front desk assisted my husband in getting the ambulance to the hotel and directed them to the room when they got there. The security person (I can not remember his name) assured my husband that everything would be OK if we did not return by checkout time. During a very stressful and scary time it was very reassuring to have such helpful staff ready and willing to help. I huge thank you to everyone that helped out!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear akrawec

Thank you for writing a review about my staff at the hotel. I am delighted that everyone that you encountered was able to provide help and reassurance during a difficult and stressful time for you and your husband.

We do hope that you will return to the hotel under less stressful circumstances and be able to enjoy your time with us.

Kind regards,
Bountiful, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Realizing that we wouldn't be arriving in Miami until after midnight, I booked a room at this hotel because it is so close to the airport. We were shocked at how easily and quickly we were able to find this hotel, and check-in was a breeze. The suite was very spacious, and afforded us plenty of room to get a little work done the next morning before checkout. This place was a perfect fit for us.

I will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Larrinaga,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us with your family. I am so happy that you found our hotel quickly and that check in was a breeze, even after midnight!

I am delighted to know that it was a perfect fit for your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Miami.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I choose it because I always use the Miami Airport Marriot on my business trip but this time with family we needed something to accomodate all of us in the same room and comfortably. We got the two bedroom suite and it was just what we expected. It has plenty of room to manage your luggaje for four and shopping trips stuff. Parking was easy and breakfast could have been a bit more sophisticated but was fine for an airport hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room next to the exit door on the first floor as theay are noisy.