“WOW! WHAT A ROOM!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Uniited Kingdom
“WOW! WHAT A ROOM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

After a two-flight, eleven hour, 4,000 miles plus journey, all we wanted to do was to get to our room and get to sleep. We were checked in very quickly and efficiently at 10.00pm and, instead of a plain "room" we were given a suite (#3322). Absolutely excellent facilities and our short, overnight stay could not be faulted in any way. We will, without any hesitation whatsoever, stay at the Marriott Residence Inn again if we ever return to Miami.

Room Tip: Room/suite 3322 is absolutely excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Br1ght0n,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your short, but sweet stay with us. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed room 3322, which is a Two-Bedroom allergy friendly suite.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Alexandra Caceres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Prague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Clean and modern hotel in Marriot campus close to airport. You can also drop Hertz car here and skip any proces at the airport (what we did). We had 2 bed rooms appartment, spacy and cozy place. 3 flat TVs, modern kitchen everything just perfect. Complimentary breakfast is better then usually when its free, but you have to come earlier because breakfast lady closes doors just on time (no discussions allowed :-)). Another plus is free shuttle to airport which goes every 15 minutes during a day. If you have car you can still visit downtown, coral gables or little havana, everything is 5-10 minutes from the hotel. However if you dont have car you need taxi, because neigherhood is not that nice and there is high traffic.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Svestka,

Thank you for writing a review about our property. I am delighted to see that you used the convenience of the Hertz rental car desk, complimentary shuttle and our breakfast buffet.
We are conveniently located to Coral Gables, Little Havana, Downtown and the beaches.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Guayaquil, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Arrived at 8am at the property afetr a red eye flight from Guayaquil (My hometown), and asked to see if we could get an early check in.....the front desk agent with a wide smile told us "No problem at all, the unit is ready and you still can make breakfast. As a matter of fact leave the luggage here if you want, check your unit and come bakc down for breakfast." Which we did. The apartment was a 2 bedroom unit, once again as Marriott does, everything clean and perfect. We stayed only one night, but all the staff was very corteous and made us feel at home.

On our check out, I paid with Marriott e-certificates and the front desk staff was very quick to have my bill setup and ready to go. So if you need to do a stopover in Miami with the family, this property has exactly what you need. Kudos guys!

Room Tip: If you happen to have several pieces of luggage, ask for a unit on the front desk level.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jose S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Two- Bedroom suite and breakfast. Thank you for mentioning our great staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed here the night before boarding a cruise ship and it was very nice! It looked like it was either new or had just been remodeled. The hotel shares grounds with 2 other Marriot run hotels and they share walking paths and amenities so that was pretty cool!

The room was really comfortable and most of them appear to come equipped with sofabeds in addition to the standard double. We were traveling with 4 people so that was great!
The little kitchenette was totally kitted out with everything and I was sorry we were only staying for one night.

Room Tip: You're by the airport so you can't escape the plane noise. If you're higher it might be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Finemind1st,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us, prior to boarding your cruise ship. I am glad to know that you found our suite to have ample room for 4 people.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Gloucester Point, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Our son recently graduated from a graduate school at UMiami. We traveled with relatives to attend. They arrived before as they flew into Miami. The hotel shuttle picked them up and seamlessly brought them to the hotel complex. They arrived before check in and were given one room to store all bags and then they enjoyed a lovely lunch at one of the other 3 Marriott properties. We landed at Fort Lauderdale and drove to the Marriott. All of the rooms were lovely and clean. The hotel complex has 3 Marriott hotels and all were in a gated complex. The complex does charge $17 per night for parking but that does guarantee a spot. Our breakfast was lovely and included the normal Residence Inn fare except for the orange and grapefruit juice was fresh (FL style). The staff at this hotel was surprising much nicer than at other Residence Inns that we have stayed. We will reserve this location again for our next graduation. And by we are Silver Elite members.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Martins1727
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your son’s graduation weekend. I am delighted that you found our staff to be much nicer than your previous experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next graduation!

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

My wife and I recently visited this hotel to start our honeymoon. We were heading to the Bahamas for a relaxing week and our connecting flight didn't leave until the next morning so I looked for a good hotel for the evening. Being a Marriott Gold member and someone who has experience with Marriotts for traveling for business purposes, I figured this hotel would be a no brainer. Good reviews, free airport shuttle, reputable name. However, out experience from the beginning was poor.

The Shuttle - We arrived at Miami close to 10pm. The shuttle was prompt to pick us up and the driver pleasant enough. He picked up out checked luggage and placed it in the back trunk with the other guests. The shuttle delivers people to three properties in the Marriott complex - the Marriott, the Courtyard and the Residence. The Residence was the last stop which was no problem. My wife and I were the only ones staying at the residence so we were the last guests on the bus. When we arrived at the hotel we walked to the back to meet the driver to get out luggage. He looked at us with a puzzled look and said "you don't have any bags right?". Wrong. We explained we did and he told us to hurry back on the bus. We sped back to the previous property where our bags were by the curb. Anyone could have easily walked away with our luggage. Needless to say, not the best start. Luckily our bags were there and it was an honest mistake. No harm. However...

The Room(s): Check-In was no problem. Easy, painless and the gentleman at the desk was very nice. We were given our room keys for 3517 and pointed to the direction of the elevator. Upon arriving to the room, we noticed before we walked in it was a handicapped room, which isn't a problem but according to their website there were plenty of other rooms. I was a little surprised they wouldn't hold that room for persons who may need it but it wasn't a problem. Since our flight was leaving early the next morning, we skipped dinner instead opting for the free microwaveable popcorn. After putting it in the microwave and standing there waiting, I noticed something on the counter seemed to be moving. ANTS. All over the counter and sink. Not talking just a few, I mean all over. I promptly called the front desk and explained the situation. I hate complaining but this wasn't acceptable. The gentleman apologized on the phone and said a bellhop would meet us and take us to a new room. He said it would be an upgrade to the hypoallergenic room that contained an air purifier. No problem, it sounded great. However, I got to thinking: I'm a Gold Elite member that is supposed to get free upgrades offered to me upon check-in. Apparently that didn't happen. I didn't think much of it. We were told our new room would be 3327, two floors below our current room. No problem. We checked in the new room, everything looked great so off to bed. The next morning after getting out of the shower though, I thought I smelled a smokey smell. Turns out, someone previously had smoked in the hypoallergenic room and there were cigarette burns on the wallpaper in the bathroom. While I know the hotel can't control what people do to the rooms, I would have expected the burns to be taken care of.

Check-Out: The next morning at check out, the woman (I think Morgan? Something like that. Pleasant person) asked how out stay was. I said it was just OK and she asked why, which I provided her details about the ants. Her response: "Oohh. About that." That made me wonder if this is a common problem? She apologized, noticed in the computer we had transferred rooms. She apologized again about the second room. She said she would speak to a manager about the issue and also about crediting my account with Marriott points. I told her I would appreciate it and thanked her. We had an uneventful shuttle to the airport and had a great honeymoon.

I logged into my account today and noticed the bill had posted for my stay, no marriott points awarded, no followup from a manager via email or phone call.

In summary: a poor visit from an otherwise well trusted brand. This won't scare me from Residence or Marriott, but I will be selecting a different property in Miami for any future visits.

Issues:
-No upgrade offered upon check-in when there was clearly some open (Marriott Gold Elite Member)
-Ants all over counter and sink in room 3517 (5th floor handicapped room)
-Cigarette burns in the bathroom of room 3327 (3rd floor hypoallergenic room)
-No points awarded for issues, no followup from management.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear MatthewUD

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel during your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than you expected. I will be using your comments as a training opportunity with my team to ensure we improve upon our standards and service levels.

We have a strict cleaning checklist that is followed along with an inspection process to ensure that our rooms are up to the Marriott Standards.

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Close to the airport but far enought away from all the noise of that area. Quick cab ride to the Port of Miami in the morning. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, good food next door at the Marriott. What more do you need before stepping on the oceanliner?

Room Tip: Ask to face north for a better view.
Green Features: They were obviously environmentall-friendly. They all should be.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tommie22,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our location and found us to be easily accessible to the Port of Miami in the morning.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next cruise.

Alexandra Caceres

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!