“Amazing service like we were family” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #10 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing service like we were family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I normally don't write reviews because I have two young kids and really don't have time. However I felt the need to write something about this hotel as it provided such a great hotel for me and my family. We booked the two bedroom suite for 1 night before our cruise. I had originally booked another hotel after the cruise but cancelled it after staying here the one night. First off, as soon as we walked in to this hotel, we were greeted with happy and friendly smiles from the staff Laura S, Nathalia and another girl, which I can't remember her name. I swear, I felt like I was walking into a relatives house where everyone was excited to see us!
The lobby, hotel room was clean and very modern. I loved the fact that the two bedroom suite has a washroom in each bedroom. It helped speed things up in the mornings when all 5 of us had to get ready. The kitchen comes fully equip with a fridge, microwave, sink, dishes and cups. They even provide you with a small liquid detergent to so your dishes or a packet to use the dishwasher! Downstairs on the main floor they have laundry machine and dryers for $2 per use. The free breakfast that is included in your fee is great! We were able to feed the kids breakfast (eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, toasts etc) before we headed out! Coffee isn't bad either. If you're picky, there's a Starbucks next door too. Parking is $17 a day but the in/out access is easy to do with a swipe of your room key. Also, free internet!!!! This hotel is right by the airport with a free shuttle to the hotel and about 15-20 mins to the port of Miami and 15 mins to south beach. Overall an amazing value for the price!
The only sad part about this stay is that I didn't get to say good bye to the beautiful Laura S before I left.

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was very impressed by this Residence Inn. Possibly the nicest one we've stayed in. We rented one room and a suite. They were both perfect for our family of six. They have this new " pure air" system which I think is like an air purifying system in each room. They also have a sign stating the mattresses and pillows are encased in allergen free cases. I think this is great for those who have a problem with allergies. I seem to wake up a lot in hotel rooms with a headache and did not here. The customer service was excellent. Upon check in there were about three people ahead of us when we were checking in and there was one attendant at the desk. She promptly lifted her head and said " welcome to the Marriott I will right with you, thank you for your patience". I thought this was not only appropriate, I found it to be excellent customer service skills. This morning upon checking out we had prompt service. I would highly recommend this hotel and stay here again!

Stayed February 2014
Hubert, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Having worked in the customer service field for over 20 years now, I have found that todays version of customer service is not very customer oriented. However, Nathalia, Richard and a few others made my entire group feel nothing short of welcomed at the Residence Inn on NW 42nd Ave in Miami!!! Richard was my first face to face experience with this hotel and he was more than pleasant, cheerful & super helpful. Nathalia - she is a class act! She went above & beyond the call of duty from personal recommendations in the area to directions to helping me locate a package I had sent prior to our arrival. The morning after our arrival I was able to meet Nathalia in person and she is as personable face to face as she is on the phone. She received a huge hug from me because she was so helpful in every situation my group of 12 people threw at her. I highly recommend this hotel or any of the Marriott campus hotels right in that parking lot for award winning customer service, hospitality and updated and clean hotel service. If I ever get back down to Miami, this is the first hotel I will choose. Thank you staff at Residence Inn on NW 42nd Ave for making me & my group feel at home!!

Tina Gillis

Room Tip: We stayed 3 different nights on 3 different floors and had absolutely no noise or issues at all. Th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed one night before a cruise. Enjoyed the room as we had a good sized clean suite, with a good breakfast included. Shuttle from the airport (included) worked well. Taxi to the cruise port was approx $25.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The staff was delightful. We took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Very easy. The staff is really wonderful and very sweet. The room was very nice. I loved that they had extra blankets in the closet. The room was very clean. The accommodations were very good and I really liked them.
The only drawback was that I could not make the wifi work on my iPad. The Internet desk tried helping to no avail., so as many companies are switching from computers to iPads. I would make sure I stayed in a room with good wifi if I only had an iPad.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Jan 1 & 2, pre cruise, couple, desk staff were wonderful. Large area to relax in while we arrived early. Comfortable bed, spacious room, great internet, everything worked. Clean. The free breakfast, everything was dry, and the coffee was brewed way too strong. Marriott always has great coffee, not this one. There are restaurants not too far and a kmart, but it is a walk, and it is no Walmart. I do not think I made it to the pool or hot tub, I was so busy trying to get the last minute things we needed. This is not the hotels fault. Free parking as well, shuttle 11$ pp to cruise which is fine. I am not sure of the rate, we used points, and it is a lovely cul de sac with other Marriot properties. I did get to the hot tub and it was one of the best one I have ever been in, open 24 hours. The pool is at the other property, which you can use. As long as you have a car and can handle Miami traffic, or take a cab, it is a great hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Rainbow022
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel during your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you found our front desk staff wonderful, and that we were able to provide you a large area to relax in prior to checking in.

We are located in the same campus as a Marriott and a Courtyard offering two restaurants on site. I am delighted that you got to utilize the hot tub before you embarked on your cruise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel prior to your next cruise.

Alexandra Caceres
Gold Coast Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Close to MIA airport & shuttle is convenient.
Newish hotel & efficient reception staff.
Suite room pleasant though smallish, comfortable bed & enough facilities for an overnight stay.
Quite considering proximity to airport.
Breakfast had very limited tasteless offerings & crowded buffet area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear AussiScott70
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel from your stay in August, 2013. I am delighted to know that you found our location to be convenient along with our complimentary shuttle service.

I am sorry to hear that you feel our breakfast had limited tasteless offerings. We follow the corporate breakfast standards in our offerings and of course breakfast is provided complimentary every day.

Thank you again staying with us and for your comments.

Alexandra Caceres

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!