“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Saint Louis, Missouri
“One night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The staff was delightful. We took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Very easy. The staff is really wonderful and very sweet. The room was very nice. I loved that they had extra blankets in the closet. The room was very clean. The accommodations were very good and I really liked them.
The only drawback was that I could not make the wifi work on my iPad. The Internet desk tried helping to no avail., so as many companies are switching from computers to iPads. I would make sure I stayed in a room with good wifi if I only had an iPad.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Jan 1 & 2, pre cruise, couple, desk staff were wonderful. Large area to relax in while we arrived early. Comfortable bed, spacious room, great internet, everything worked. Clean. The free breakfast, everything was dry, and the coffee was brewed way too strong. Marriott always has great coffee, not this one. There are restaurants not too far and a kmart, but it is a walk, and it is no Walmart. I do not think I made it to the pool or hot tub, I was so busy trying to get the last minute things we needed. This is not the hotels fault. Free parking as well, shuttle 11$ pp to cruise which is fine. I am not sure of the rate, we used points, and it is a lovely cul de sac with other Marriot properties. I did get to the hot tub and it was one of the best one I have ever been in, open 24 hours. The pool is at the other property, which you can use. As long as you have a car and can handle Miami traffic, or take a cab, it is a great hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Rainbow022
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel during your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you found our front desk staff wonderful, and that we were able to provide you a large area to relax in prior to checking in.

We are located in the same campus as a Marriott and a Courtyard offering two restaurants on site. I am delighted that you got to utilize the hot tub before you embarked on your cruise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel prior to your next cruise.

Gold Coast Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Close to MIA airport & shuttle is convenient.
Newish hotel & efficient reception staff.
Suite room pleasant though smallish, comfortable bed & enough facilities for an overnight stay.
Quite considering proximity to airport.
Breakfast had very limited tasteless offerings & crowded buffet area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear AussiScott70
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel from your stay in August, 2013. I am delighted to know that you found our location to be convenient along with our complimentary shuttle service.

I am sorry to hear that you feel our breakfast had limited tasteless offerings. We follow the corporate breakfast standards in our offerings and of course breakfast is provided complimentary every day.

Thank you again staying with us and for your comments.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed for 6 nights at this hotel using Marriott reward points (a $250 a night room). We didn't expect such a good hotel so we were very surprised by it.

Location is very good, on Le Jeune Rd right off Miami airport but not so close to hear the airplanes passing over you. You only heard them when they used one of the runways but very little traffic during our stay. Just off the 836 so it was a 15 minute drive to South Beach and almost everywhere in Miami. Parking is almost 20 bucks a day, but if you stay 6 nights or more you get a waiver on it.

The hotel itself is very nice, almost looking like new. We asked for a room with oven and we got a double upgrade, for being Platinum, to a bigger room with air purifier and oven. The room was very clean, with two TVs, a comfortable king bed and a big kitchen. The only drawback was the WiFi internet which was terrible. You could only get some decent connection if you were close to the room door, not WiFi signal whatsoever in the bedroom.

Breakfast was very good, with hot and cold options. The space was not so big but it could fit a great number of people.

The staff was very kind and attentive. From the upgrade given to searching for some missing packages which were delivered to us. Last but not least, we were given a 2pm late checkout which was great as our flight departed at 9pm.

Overall a great hotel, conveniently located in the middle of Miami with a quick access to anywhere, including the beaches. Good staff and modern rooms. Need to improve the WiFi which is kind of a must in today's world. Not cheap if you need to pay for it, maybe you could find better deals but a very good deal!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Pennington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights. Nice reception area, wide halls and rooms; small pillows and no extra pillows for the sofa bed. The breakfast was okay. The allergen free "pure" rooms have air filters.

The kitchen staff need to smile and be friendly.

We expected more from the category 4 hotel such as social hours for 4 out 5 week-days with beer and wine. But the service was available only for 3 days and no beer or wine for 2 of these days. The meat lasagna tasted awful and there is no vegetarian option available. On one of the days, the social hour was called "managers' toast special"; but there was nothing to toast with except cold cuts and bread. No fruits in the lobby area.

I mentioned these things since I have seen such amenities and nicer staff at category 4 residence inn.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear amynaadi1,
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel during your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you feel that your stay was less than you expected. We do follow the brand requirements with the amenities and our offerings for our guests.

As you mention we do offer our guests allergy free rooms, which do have the specific air purifiers in the rooms.

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we had an overnight layover in Miami and needed to be close to the airport. This hotel was a pleasant surprise. The lobby and the rooms are very nice, and the staff is very helpful and courteous. Our 12 hour layover turned out to be a nice mini vacation in Miami.

• Stayed January 2014
Atlantic City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I booked this hotel sight unseen because the I was familiar with Residence Inns and the hotel general manager was very helpful and welcoming when I called. As it turned out, I hit the jackpot. I was there for business and was staying for about 6 weeks. The staff made me feel like family and could not have been more helpful, friendly and courteous to me.
The hotel services were great. I am used to the complimentary breakfast at the Residence Inn but this hotel offered a complimentary dinner 3 nights per week which was great. The hotel also had a nice outdoor patio with a sitting area, grill and hot tub. If you wanted a change of pace, the Residence Inn is part of a three-Marriott brand campus which offered the food and beverage options of the full service Marriott, large fitness facility, and other pools.
The location was also perfect. Its location on Le Jeune at Dolphin Expressway gave you easy access to the beaches, I-95, points west and downtown Coral Gables. I was in the middle of everything.
I was certainly spoiled by the service, quality, and ease that this Residence Inn offered. I would stay there again for business or pleasure any time.

Room Tip: I preferred the rooms that had access from the side door facing the southern parking lot. It saved...