“Nathalia Was Our Hero!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 129 hotels in Miami
Arlington Heights
“Nathalia Was Our Hero!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My family of 6 was stranded in Miami due to the inclement weather in Chicago. Nathalia worked so hard to get us connecting rooms and spent all kinds of time making sure my family was comfortable. She was one of the most helpful people I have ever dealt with. My story is way too long but I just want to say to Nathalia's superiors, " you have a huge asset at your hotel." Management should take care of her. Thanks again Nathalia!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Naptown2,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review about your experience with us when you encountered inclement weather. I am delighted to hear about all the help Nathalia offered you to ensure you were situated for the night. She is indeed a wonderful asset to have on my team and will be recognized.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami and the Residence Inn.

286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed one night pre cruise in a 2 bedroom suite and couldn't have been more comfortable. The staff at this location was top notch, Very friendly and fun! Our rooms was prefect for 5 adults and very roomy. The shuttle picks up from the airport and runs about every 15 minutes. It is about a 5 minute ride to the Marriott complex where the hotel is located. The breakfast in the morning was great, hot food to include eggs, bacon and sausage. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: It is close to the airport but the rooms block the noise and we were not disturbed at all.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Iostone65,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel after your 1 night stay. I am delighted to know that you found our staff to be “Top notch” friendly and fun. .

We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami and the Residence Inn ofr your next pre-cruise stay with us.

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Free breakfast as in all RI hotels. Average quality though. Charge $17 for parking which is ridiculous. It's ok to stay as a quick airport transition layover,but I would go with Hyatt house nearby which is so much better. See my review for that one.

Dear BostonWalkerBoston,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. I am sorry you found our breakfast buffet to be average. We offer many choices such as fruit, cereals and various hot items. We also offer make your own waffle station.

We are located in a Campus environment with a gated parking facility to ensure the highest levels of safety and security to our guests with 24 hour security.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami and the Residence Inn.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great place to stay if you have a overnight stop in Miami. We were flying from Scotland to Costa Rica with a overnight in Miami with a toddler. We were so tired by the time we arrived at the hotel. There is a free shuttle and all the staff were lovely. They gave us a free upgrade for our room which was great for our son to run around in. The morning hot breakfast was easy for needing to get to the airport quickly. Highly recommend if you are traveling with kids.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I arrived this afternoon and was greeted by Richard. After driving 9 hours for my aunt's funeral I was exhausted. Richard was awesome, he got me checked in fast and still made time to offer his condolences. It's always to have a warmed and professional check in. The room and everything is beautiful. I would recommend this hotel anytime....Great job Richard!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

After a long day of travel on Christmas day with my kids, and a nearly two hour wait for a car at the Miami airport, I was not in a good mood when I arrived at the Residence Inn.

Despite the late hour, and my disagreeable demeanor, Richard at the front desk was helpful and pleasant and able to give us a quiet room, on the floor I requested, extremely close to a side entrance so I could easily carry my three sleeping children into the room.

The room was large and had a door separating the bedroom from the main living area, so we were able to get the kids to sleep in one room and still use our laptops or watch TV in the other room.

The other staff was also very helpful, especially Morgan and Cesar.

The hotel is located on a campus with multiple other Marriott properties, which is actually quite nice because you have access to multiple restaurants and bars (Marriott and Courtyard).

Like most Residence Inns, the breakfast was hot (and cold if you prefer), had a lot of options, and was free with our rate.

My only complaint would be the wifi Internet service, which only worked in part of the room. We had the last room at the end of the hall on the first floor.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel is very well maintained and operated. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. We stayed in a king studio. Richard at the front desk was incredibly helpful and courteous. We asked him so many questions about the hotel and surrounding area, and he always helped out. Great selection for breakfast. Waffles, eggs, fruit, etc, all really well presented.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!