“Another nice Residence Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #9 of 130 hotels in Miami
Kingston, Jamaica
“Another nice Residence Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is the third Residence Inn I've stayed at and I'm once again impressed. It's a short ride from the airport and is located on a property with a standard Marriott hotel and a Courtyard by Marriott. If you have the choice between the three, I'd select this one. It's likely the most affordable and the room rate includes breakfast every morning and even dinner a few nights per week. I had reservations for a room with one king bed but was given a complementary upgrade to a two bedroom suite upon arrival. Though I didn't need the extra space, it was a nice gesture. One of the chairs in the suite was worn on the arm rests and needed to be replaced. All other furniture was in good condition. Breakfast was delicious and the were staff courteous. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Matt,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review about our hotel describing all the attributes that we have to offer with the Marriott and Courtyard!

I am glad you enjoyed your upgraded as well as breakfast each morning.

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, early in October. We were with our little girl so the kitchen inside the room was very convenient. Room are very clean, modern look and a good space. Location is also good for the price, we were very well located to explore the whole Miami area by car, without having to pay higher prices in Miami beach or downtown. Service was good and there is a restaurant and a sports bar inside the Marriot complex. Very convenient. Parking is complimentary for guests staying 6 or more nights. Would stay here again, although you don't feel the Miami atmosphere (kind of expected in a airport area hotel).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review about our hotel. I am delighted to know that the kitchen was helpful to you during your stay and that the suites are very clean, modern and spacious.

We are located on a Campus where guests can take advantage of all of the campus amenities, such as the Sports Bar at Courtyard and Cane Fire Grille at the Marriott as well as, a fully licensed Starbucks a large pool and additional gym.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This airport Hotel is on the same side with the Marriot and Courtyard. They have a shared airport shuttle service, with a frequency of every 15 minutes. Drive from airport to Hotel side is ( depending on traffic and # of passenger need to be picked up and dropped) 5-15 minutes. As a Residence inn guest you can make free use of the gym, swimming pool and hot tub facilities on Marriot campus.
Besides the restaurants on side, there are several Cuban restaurants within a 5 minutes walk. From the Hotel side there is bus service to the international/ Dolphin Mall for $10 ( round trip). Alternatively, you can take a 15 -20 minute walk to the central plaza shopping strip ( wich has a K-Mart that opens at 8:00 am).
Check in the hotel is fast, staf very friendly and helpfull. The hotel is clean,the complimentary WiFi is sufficient for the basics ( not to look at You tube videos), everything in the spaciuos king suite room was working fine and the complimentarry breakfast was excellent. The Marriot and Courtyard don't have breakfast included in the price..
The only negative ( for me) is that there is no clock in the lobby and the hot tub of the Residence inn was al little bit dated (compared to the other hot tub at the Marriot Campus). Also, parking is not free.
These hotels ( Marriot, Courtyard and Residence inn) at one location are my #1 choice when I need to stay a short period in Miami between flights. This time the Residence inn had the most favorable price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review about our hotel. I am delighted to know that you found the hotel our staff to be friendly and helpful and our hotel facilities clean and spacious. with fully equipped kitchens and separate dining and sleeping facilities.

We are located on a Campus where guests can take advantage of all of the campus amenities, such as 2 restaurants, a fully licensed Starbucks a large pool and additional gym.

As you mentioned we do offer complimentary Breakfast buffet every day along with a social hour on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked a 2-bedroom apartment via Booking.com and even before I got there I could experience the attention and courtesy of the hotel's staff. I sent an email to Alexandra (manager) to confirm my reservation and she informed that she had it in her system but under a different name. She corrected everything instantly and when we got there everything was set.

First things first: the staff is A-MA-ZING!! Everybody is so nice and makes you feel at home. Morgan and Nathalia were such dolls and Cesar was so patient with our 100+ suitcases and shopping bags!! The girls from the breakfast area were also very attentive and nice. To sum up: awesome people everywhere!

Now to the room: the 2 bedroom apartment is just huge! It easily accommodated our 5 girls crew, especially because it had 2 bathrooms! The full kitchen was very useful (it even has a dish washer) and the beds were quite comfy. The room was also very clean.

Breakfast was a perfect start to our shopping days, with fruit, different types of bread, cereal, yogurt, waffles, eggs, etc. Nothing to fussy but very good.

The hotel grounds are very clean and cute and also give you a feeling of safety, since it shares the lot with the Marriott and the Courtyard. Access by car is controlled (you have to swipe your room key) and since we stayed for more than 6 nights parking was free!

Don't be scared by the location. Even thought it is a few blocks from the airport not once did we hear the airplanes from our room. If you plan to go shopping at the different outlets, malls and Miracle Mile this hotel has the perfect central location for you.

I would recommend this hotel without blinking!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Maria,

I am so delighted that you had an amazing experience at the hotel. Thank you for the lovely of the hotel review and for recognizing my staff; Morgan, Nathalia and Cesar.

I am proud to have each one of them on my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards,
Alex
Riverview, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night after the UFvsMia game. Hotel is located just a few miles from the Airport. Staff was friendly and room was as expected, clean and comfortable. It reminded me of the Marriott Village in Orlando since its grouped together with a Courtyard and a Marriott. The only difference is that this location is gated and they charge $17.00 per night to self park. I stayed using one of my certificates so it kinda sucked to have to pay for parking. They also share one pool for all three locations. Other than that, I was very happy with my one night stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel after your 1 night stay. I am delighted to know that you found our staff to be friendly and the room clean and comfortable.

We are located on a Campus where guests can take advantage of all of the campus amenities, such as 2 restaurants, a fully licensed Starbucks, gym and as you mention a pool.

We do provide a secure parking facility for our customers and as with all airport hotels there is a charge for this service.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I finally got to stay here after previously making reservations twice before and getting walked over to the Courtyard!!
I thought the suite was great! Good amount of space, fresh colors, nice decor and nice and clean.
I liked it a lot better than the Courtyard! I was very satisfied with everything in the hotel and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about our hotel. I am delighted to know that you were able to stay with us this time and though the suite to be great with a good amount of space.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My stay here(both times) has been awesome. The hotel is beautiful outside, and inside. The staff is cordial and friendly, and are diligent in fulfilling your requests. Rooms are spacious and CLEAN, updated full size appliances! I also stayed in an allergy friendly Pure room, which drastically improved my sleeping... It kept the room crisp and fresh, just like I like it to be, especially in the humid temps of miami...id 100% stay here again!

Room Tip: Those allergy friendly rooms are great!