“Amazing experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 130 hotels in Miami
Sao Paulo, SP
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked a 2-bedroom apartment via Booking.com and even before I got there I could experience the attention and courtesy of the hotel's staff. I sent an email to Alexandra (manager) to confirm my reservation and she informed that she had it in her system but under a different name. She corrected everything instantly and when we got there everything was set.

First things first: the staff is A-MA-ZING!! Everybody is so nice and makes you feel at home. Morgan and Nathalia were such dolls and Cesar was so patient with our 100+ suitcases and shopping bags!! The girls from the breakfast area were also very attentive and nice. To sum up: awesome people everywhere!

Now to the room: the 2 bedroom apartment is just huge! It easily accommodated our 5 girls crew, especially because it had 2 bathrooms! The full kitchen was very useful (it even has a dish washer) and the beds were quite comfy. The room was also very clean.

Breakfast was a perfect start to our shopping days, with fruit, different types of bread, cereal, yogurt, waffles, eggs, etc. Nothing to fussy but very good.

The hotel grounds are very clean and cute and also give you a feeling of safety, since it shares the lot with the Marriott and the Courtyard. Access by car is controlled (you have to swipe your room key) and since we stayed for more than 6 nights parking was free!

Don't be scared by the location. Even thought it is a few blocks from the airport not once did we hear the airplanes from our room. If you plan to go shopping at the different outlets, malls and Miracle Mile this hotel has the perfect central location for you.

I would recommend this hotel without blinking!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Maria,

I am so delighted that you had an amazing experience at the hotel. Thank you for the lovely of the hotel review and for recognizing my staff; Morgan, Nathalia and Cesar.

I am proud to have each one of them on my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards,
Alex

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Riverview, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night after the UFvsMia game. Hotel is located just a few miles from the Airport. Staff was friendly and room was as expected, clean and comfortable. It reminded me of the Marriott Village in Orlando since its grouped together with a Courtyard and a Marriott. The only difference is that this location is gated and they charge $17.00 per night to self park. I stayed using one of my certificates so it kinda sucked to have to pay for parking. They also share one pool for all three locations. Other than that, I was very happy with my one night stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel after your 1 night stay. I am delighted to know that you found our staff to be friendly and the room clean and comfortable.

We are located on a Campus where guests can take advantage of all of the campus amenities, such as 2 restaurants, a fully licensed Starbucks, gym and as you mention a pool.

We do provide a secure parking facility for our customers and as with all airport hotels there is a charge for this service.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I finally got to stay here after previously making reservations twice before and getting walked over to the Courtyard!!
I thought the suite was great! Good amount of space, fresh colors, nice decor and nice and clean.
I liked it a lot better than the Courtyard! I was very satisfied with everything in the hotel and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about our hotel. I am delighted to know that you were able to stay with us this time and though the suite to be great with a good amount of space.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My stay here(both times) has been awesome. The hotel is beautiful outside, and inside. The staff is cordial and friendly, and are diligent in fulfilling your requests. Rooms are spacious and CLEAN, updated full size appliances! I also stayed in an allergy friendly Pure room, which drastically improved my sleeping... It kept the room crisp and fresh, just like I like it to be, especially in the humid temps of miami...id 100% stay here again!

Room Tip: Those allergy friendly rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Ayan,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. I am delighted to know that both your stays with us have been awesome, with our rooms being clean and spacious.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here recently as I wanted an overnight stay as I drove down for a Miami Marlins game (I know, who does that). Laura at check-in was super nice and helpful. She even told me she read my notes on my reservation and took care of them. This property has all the Marriott hotels in a gated area, and yes, you do have to pay for parking. Room was nice. I thought with all the activity I might have a hard time getting to sleep (light sleeper) but I did not. Very quiet. I wanted to use the pool but it was packed. The exercise room was much nicer at the Courtyard but I couldn't use my card to get in, the RI one was very small. The restaurant in the Courtyard -the food was good and the service was terrific. Very nice people working at all the properties! Breakfast in the morning was nice, it was crowded but they had a lot to choose from and the lady working it kept it clean and stocked. Overall really nice and really close to Marlins Park, which is a really nice stadium (and I've been to all the baseball ones).

Room Tip: I would just say if you request a quiet room they actually pay attention to your request.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review about our hotel. I am delighted to know that you found the hotel suite to be nice and very quiet.

As you mentioned we are located on a Campus where guests can take advantage of all of the campus amenities, such as 2 restaurants, a fully licensed Starbucks a large pool and additional gym.

In addition we are conveniently located to the Marlins Park as you discovered as well as Coral Gables, Downtown and the beaches.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

So much to say not sure where to start...I had a 5 week business trip in Miami. It's hard enough being away from home for 5 weeks so you hope and pray you booked the right place. I did.
Not only were the facilities super clean, the rooms were immaculate, the staff friendly and the breakfast was good. The rooms were perfect; spacious, clean and the kitchen area was well thought out. It had a full size fridge, microwave, 2 burner stove, sink with garbage disposal and even a dishwasher. The kitchen was also stocked with paper towels, detergent for the dishwasher and dish soap with towels. Very nice to have some comforts of home.
The staff was on top of everything. I had an issue the first day with the tub being slow to drain. Told the front desk on my way out and when I came back a half hour later they told me it was addressed and fixed. WOW! Things happen, things break etc, how the staff handles it from there means a lot. They did a great job. The facilities staff knocked it out of the park. My tub was fixed, it was clean and worked perfectly for the next 5 weeks. Thanks guys!
The shinning star of the property is the front desk. The whole team was incredible; helpful, warm friendly and informative but Laura was incredible. My wife came to visit me on 2 occasions and we were both taken by Laura's professionalism, warmth and great attitude. She was super helpful, always smiling and will be a friend for life. To my shock we found out Laura only started with Marriott 2 weeks before my arrival. Whoever hired and trained her did a great job. Speaking of great jobs and training. Dave was also super helpful, I apologize I don't remember his exact title but I believe he was a front desk manager.
I also want to thank the General Manager, Alexandra. Due to my work schedule I didn't get a chance to really speak to her until the day I checked out. We discussed future business and I expressed my gratitude to her and the whole staff for a great stay.
So my advice, stay here. Say hi to Laura, she is as good as a concierge at a 5 star resort and see for yourself what a great stay you will have.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joe,

Thank you for stopping by as you were leaving to tell me about the wonderful staff we have, Laura and David specifically. I appreciate you take the time to write about your experience for others to see.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Alexandra
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I spent two nights at the Residence Inn and I had a wonderfu experience. Zuanet is simply an awesome model of Marriott's Spirit toServe. She is the personable and professional - she was able to answer the many, many questions I had and provide good guidance and suggestions for my short stay in Miami.

Laura was also incredibly helpful and friendly and courteous in every interaction with her. Your F & B team - the ladies were awesome.

Hotel: The rooms was immaculately clean and the furniture were clean. The towels, rugs, mats and drapes were also sufficient and clean. The amenities in the bathroom shampoo and conditioner were adequate, would have liked if their was body lotion as well, but maybe thats only with the other brands. The power outlets were ideally positioned in the rooms and everything was in working order. TV had a good variety of channels.
Kitchen appliances included microwave oven (complimentary pop corn), counter stove, dishwasher and huge refridgerator, coffee maker with complimentary coffee and tea. Cooking utensils were also provided as well as some cutlery and crockery.

I used the guest laundry, US$2 for Washer and US$ for dryer. I had to take many trips to use the sink in my room to rinse clothing before placing them in the washer. Installing a sink in the laundry area would be nice.
The gym is small but adequate for a quick workout, free weights, eliptical and treadmill - someone removed the 10LB weights
The pool was clean, didn't have go in, but lounged at it
The lobby area was always very clean and FREE (woohoo) WiFi service worked well in the entire property.
Food and Beverage: The market was well stocked with a variety of food, snacks and beverage items - thank your Zuanet for your suggestions!
The breakfast options were very good quality and was tasty and well presented. Loved the 'to-go' option.
Transportation: The free shuttle to and from the airport is fantastic. There was a shuttle to the malls as well. One cost US$10 roundtrip to one mall and the other was free.
I was on the 5th floor and enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Special thanks to Zuanet!

Room Tip: My 5th floor room was perfect!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review about our hotel. I am delighted to know that you found both Zuanet and Laura to be helpful and friendly, and that you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel during your short trip to Miami.

We are located on a Campus where guests can take advantage of all of the campus amenities, which include a larger gym.

Alexandra Caceres

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!