“Extended stay? This is the place!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #9 of 130 hotels in Miami
Brooklyn, New York
“Extended stay? This is the place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

So much to say not sure where to start...I had a 5 week business trip in Miami. It's hard enough being away from home for 5 weeks so you hope and pray you booked the right place. I did.
Not only were the facilities super clean, the rooms were immaculate, the staff friendly and the breakfast was good. The rooms were perfect; spacious, clean and the kitchen area was well thought out. It had a full size fridge, microwave, 2 burner stove, sink with garbage disposal and even a dishwasher. The kitchen was also stocked with paper towels, detergent for the dishwasher and dish soap with towels. Very nice to have some comforts of home.
The staff was on top of everything. I had an issue the first day with the tub being slow to drain. Told the front desk on my way out and when I came back a half hour later they told me it was addressed and fixed. WOW! Things happen, things break etc, how the staff handles it from there means a lot. They did a great job. The facilities staff knocked it out of the park. My tub was fixed, it was clean and worked perfectly for the next 5 weeks. Thanks guys!
The shinning star of the property is the front desk. The whole team was incredible; helpful, warm friendly and informative but Laura was incredible. My wife came to visit me on 2 occasions and we were both taken by Laura's professionalism, warmth and great attitude. She was super helpful, always smiling and will be a friend for life. To my shock we found out Laura only started with Marriott 2 weeks before my arrival. Whoever hired and trained her did a great job. Speaking of great jobs and training. Dave was also super helpful, I apologize I don't remember his exact title but I believe he was a front desk manager.
I also want to thank the General Manager, Alexandra. Due to my work schedule I didn't get a chance to really speak to her until the day I checked out. We discussed future business and I expressed my gratitude to her and the whole staff for a great stay.
So my advice, stay here. Say hi to Laura, she is as good as a concierge at a 5 star resort and see for yourself what a great stay you will have.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Joe,

Thank you for stopping by as you were leaving to tell me about the wonderful staff we have, Laura and David specifically. I appreciate you take the time to write about your experience for others to see.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Alexandra

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I spent two nights at the Residence Inn and I had a wonderfu experience. Zuanet is simply an awesome model of Marriott's Spirit toServe. She is the personable and professional - she was able to answer the many, many questions I had and provide good guidance and suggestions for my short stay in Miami.

Laura was also incredibly helpful and friendly and courteous in every interaction with her. Your F & B team - the ladies were awesome.

Hotel: The rooms was immaculately clean and the furniture were clean. The towels, rugs, mats and drapes were also sufficient and clean. The amenities in the bathroom shampoo and conditioner were adequate, would have liked if their was body lotion as well, but maybe thats only with the other brands. The power outlets were ideally positioned in the rooms and everything was in working order. TV had a good variety of channels.
Kitchen appliances included microwave oven (complimentary pop corn), counter stove, dishwasher and huge refridgerator, coffee maker with complimentary coffee and tea. Cooking utensils were also provided as well as some cutlery and crockery.

I used the guest laundry, US$2 for Washer and US$ for dryer. I had to take many trips to use the sink in my room to rinse clothing before placing them in the washer. Installing a sink in the laundry area would be nice.
The gym is small but adequate for a quick workout, free weights, eliptical and treadmill - someone removed the 10LB weights
The pool was clean, didn't have go in, but lounged at it
The lobby area was always very clean and FREE (woohoo) WiFi service worked well in the entire property.
Food and Beverage: The market was well stocked with a variety of food, snacks and beverage items - thank your Zuanet for your suggestions!
The breakfast options were very good quality and was tasty and well presented. Loved the 'to-go' option.
Transportation: The free shuttle to and from the airport is fantastic. There was a shuttle to the malls as well. One cost US$10 roundtrip to one mall and the other was free.
I was on the 5th floor and enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Special thanks to Zuanet!

Room Tip: My 5th floor room was perfect!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review about our hotel. I am delighted to know that you found both Zuanet and Laura to be helpful and friendly, and that you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel during your short trip to Miami.

We are located on a Campus where guests can take advantage of all of the campus amenities, which include a larger gym.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami and the Residence Inn.

Quito
2,374 helpful votes 2,374 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I like this kind of brand new property, they built it a couple of year ago and provides quite a good features like: comfy and spacious suites full kitchen equipped, separate sleeping, eating and working areas, free breakfast, pool, fitness (shared with Marriot and Courtyard), and free round trip shuttle to the airport. Excellent package for a fair price, although sometimes gets a bit expensive.

One thing they have to improve is the restaurant service, in fact they do not have one, you have to run to courtyard restaurant before 12pm or else you may go hungry, specially if you are in a business trip, arriving late and departing early.

Still an excellent option!

Warm, inviting staff, available 24/7, that will make you feel right at home and relaxed

Complimentary full Breakfast Buffet, social hour Complimentary wireless internet in all suites and through out the property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review about our hotel. I am delighted to know that you found the hotel to be comfy, spacious with fully equipped kitchens and separate dining and sleeping facilities.

We are located on a Campus where guests can take advantage of all of the campus amenities, such as 2 restaurants, a fully licensed Starbucks a large pool and additional gym.

As you mentioned we do offer complimentary Breakfast buffet every day along with a social hour on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami and the Residence Inn.

Newark, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Had a great time with my beloved son lou and wife meli and my beautiful grandbaby nevaeh while visiting miami the south beach water where clear and warm the sun was radiant and hot...even though it burn thru your skin we enjoy visiting one of there restaurant by the beach that offer the best quality of paella.

Room Tip: Its best if you book a room with anticipation, to get a nice back view with balcony to the lake and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you a great time with your son and daughter in law as well as your grandbaby. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Miami.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Hotel: This is the first time we have seen - three Marriott properties (Marriott, Courtyard & Residence Inn) in one location and share the same parking lot. It is a secured lot, you need room key to come out of the parking. It is right next to the highway, if you wanted to go to Keys or to Miami downtown or to the beach - quiet convenient.

Staff: We arrived pretty late in the night, the front desk person was friendly, inviting and asked us to spin the wheel to win a gift - we got a bottle of water. He upgraded us to a two bed room suite for being a platinum elite and gave us complementary parking. The guy who checked us out next morning was also super friendly.

Breakfast: The standard stuff is available: Bread, biscuits, fruits, Yoghurt, waffle maker, coffee, juices, scrambled eggs, etc. There are enough number of tables at the area and also you can sit out side which is quiet easy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the hotel, our amenities, and found our staff to friendly.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great hotel and staff. We stayed here for a week and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly, especially Shalaka McFarlane and Zuanet. They were very professional and always made us feel welcomed at the hotel.

Outstanding staff!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review about the staff at the Residence Inn, Miami Airport, especially Shalaka and Zuanet. I am delighted that you felt these ladies were very professional and welcoming.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami should your travels bring you back to South Florida.

Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel fussed bc it's located back behind several hotels and out GPS kept directing us to the location I guess where the entrance use to be, lol. But once we arrived to a VERY friendly front desk clerk who let use check in two hours early and gave us a complimentary upgrade bc they ran out of the room we booked we were excited and more then happy. The hotel lobby is colorful and beautiful. They also have complimentary breakfast each morning from 7am-10pm. The room to our surprise was more then we expected! There was a full kitchen, a small cozy living room, and a large king bed with a foam mattress. The tv is on a swivel base so it is transitional from the bedroom to the living space. The bathroom is spacious and provided us with more then enough towels. There is also a air purifier which makes the air in the room feel clean and crisp. We did not get to see the pool area but the workout room will work for any one who workout . The ice machine has small ice which I loved and made my day! Overall this hotel is AWESOME. The only downfall is the $17 per day parking fee????

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the incorrect directions given to you by your GPS. We do encourage our GPS users to use our alternate address of 1201 NW 42nd Avenue.

I am delighted to know that my staff were friendly and accommodating upon your arrival and that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, and found the room to be comfortable and spacious. We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami.

Alexandra Caceres

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!