“clean, modern, excellent value for families” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Jacksonville, Fl
“clean, modern, excellent value for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed Christmas night on points, and our rooms were very clean and well stocked with supplies. Decor was modern, lobby welcoming, rooms very comfortable. Breakfast buffet was plentiful, and atmosphere was unhurried and uncrowded. Will definitely return here when staying in Miami. Could not hear airplanes at all.

Room Tip: first floor rooms very convenient
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Edwin B, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Thank you for your positive review. We try our hardest each day to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our guests. I makes us feel good when we receive feedback for that.

Jerry Rice
Acting General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
England UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This is my second time using this particular Residence Inn, two nights last year and again a couple of weeks ago. Both experiences were good and up to the usual Residence Inn, high standards. It is still fairly new and shows and you do have the advantages of the Marriott complex pool and bar and restaurants if you want them. I found the price during the week fairly expensive at $179 and could not find any deals, it was more expensive than the Marriott Hotel next door, but then I suppose you do have a suite and breakfast and some evening snacks. They upgraded us one of there allergy freindy rooms, which I believe are about $20 more on average, nice as they are better cleaned but worth the extra I'm not convinced.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Leaving out for a cruise so we stayed at this hotel overnight. Everything was PERFECT!!! It was very clean, the mattress was comfy and the decor devine. Reminded us so much of home that we ALMOST didn't want to leave. We love Marriott's Residence Inns. The brand always lives up to our expectations.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my spouse in August, 2011 after coming back from a trip from South America. There are three Marriott properties at this airport location and the airport pickup went quickly as they come every 15 minutes. We did have to wait about 10 minutes to check in as the one person ahead of us took alot of time and there was apparently not another check in person available. The lobby of the hotel was beautiful and the room and separate bedroom were very large and spacious. This hotel had a large spa and the Marriott next door had a swimming pool which was very warn and clean and also another spa. We had dinner at the next door Marriott sports bar and it was very good. The free breakfast at the Residence Inn was excellent and included hot freshly made breakfast items. Probably one of the most traveler friendly place we have stayed in. There was wired and wireless internet in the rooms, Two flat panel tv's, one in the bedroom and another in the living room and two internet terminals in the lobby, Just nice in every way. Of course, it was more expensive than the other airport hotels we have stayed in (many which are 'dumps'), but we felt it was well worth it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

this hotel is close to the airport, which means, at times you hear the planes passing above. if you like brand new hotels, with spacious rooms, flat screen tvs, and new appliances, this is the place for you!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We chose the Residence Inn based on other trip advisor reviews and our own research and were happy with our choice. We were staying here as a stop-over between flights and wanted a convenient and relaxing stay, which we got! The airport pick-up was convenient and comfortable, the hotel's staff was friendly and the hotel itself relaxing. The only downside is the neighborhood which isn't the best but we didn't feel uncomfortable when we took a walk to the supermarket during daylight. I'm not sure we would have strolled that far at night. For business or a stop-over I would highly recommend the Residence Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel before, but for some reasons I never had the chance to write a review about my experience in there. So this time, no wasting.

This was my second stay in this hotel. I remember how impressed I was about the quality of the hotel and the set up of/in the room, offering you a quiet and peaceful night sleep.

Flying in from oversea, I had some business to take care of down in South Beach, but I had decided to stay around to airport to avoid any parking issues.

The hotel is conveniently located near the airport, in a secure gated community where the parking is charged 15$ a day. The lobby looks new and charming with a nice set of decoration, but nothing really fancy. However, once you get into the room, you wonder why you have never come there before! The rooms are very spacious, with a kitchen (fridge, microwave, dishes, etc...), a small living, a small office space, a big king size bed with multiple pillows, a nice bathroom divided in two, closet, iron, etc...you name it! I was nicely surprised the first time I walked in to my room, I thought they made a mistake for the price I was paying...then when I stayed this time (2 days ago), I realized that it's just the way their rooms are: Spacious, comfortable, clean and give you a sense of non-waking-up!

The breakfast is included in the package, but I didn't get to take it as I was still enjoying the bed and didn't want to interrupt it for a breakfast that I ended up taking 0.2 miles away at IHop when I woke up! But for those who would want to take it, be aware that it stops at 10h00'.

And the noises that the other reviewers have mentioned regarding the planes taking off or landing, never heard! I guess I was deeply sleeping both times I stayed there...either that or I'm not a light sleeper...bottom line is I was able to quietly sleep and wake up when I needed to!

The only negative thing that I have noted about this hotel, and it happened on both my stays, is the staff! One staff in particular. In both occasions, I was warmly welcome and assisted by a smiling and friendly staff that expedited my check-in and wished me a good stay. Then when I came down later, I found another staff who was not as friendly as the previous one, and who, for some reasons, almost gave me an attitude (not sure why). So i thought it was just a coincidence, but this time again, the very same staff was not friendly at all. As I was checking out, she was on the phone, a call that seemed to be more personal than professional, and she couldn't care less that I was there trying to return the key and to let her know that I needed to keep one to allow me existing the gate...she finally interrupted for few second to listen to me telling her what I had to say, then I left! So if in 10 months, the very same staff didn't change her attitude, I don't think she's ever going to change.

Overall, a great value for the money. A wonderful hotel, with clean and spacious rooms, offering a good quality of sleep, and located in a very convenient area surrounded by restaurants. One staff at the front desk needs to be friendlier or change her attitude to prevent any negative point on the overall rate of the hotel.
Conclusion, despite that unfriendly staff, it's my number one choice hotel in MIA...not to mention how close it is from the airport!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!