“Excellent hotel, great airport location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20% This Summer!
Ranked #12 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent hotel, great airport location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my spouse in August, 2011 after coming back from a trip from South America. There are three Marriott properties at this airport location and the airport pickup went quickly as they come every 15 minutes. We did have to wait about 10 minutes to check in as the one person ahead of us took alot of time and there was apparently not another check in person available. The lobby of the hotel was beautiful and the room and separate bedroom were very large and spacious. This hotel had a large spa and the Marriott next door had a swimming pool which was very warn and clean and also another spa. We had dinner at the next door Marriott sports bar and it was very good. The free breakfast at the Residence Inn was excellent and included hot freshly made breakfast items. Probably one of the most traveler friendly place we have stayed in. There was wired and wireless internet in the rooms, Two flat panel tv's, one in the bedroom and another in the living room and two internet terminals in the lobby, Just nice in every way. Of course, it was more expensive than the other airport hotels we have stayed in (many which are 'dumps'), but we felt it was well worth it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

this hotel is close to the airport, which means, at times you hear the planes passing above. if you like brand new hotels, with spacious rooms, flat screen tvs, and new appliances, this is the place for you!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We chose the Residence Inn based on other trip advisor reviews and our own research and were happy with our choice. We were staying here as a stop-over between flights and wanted a convenient and relaxing stay, which we got! The airport pick-up was convenient and comfortable, the hotel's staff was friendly and the hotel itself relaxing. The only downside is the neighborhood which isn't the best but we didn't feel uncomfortable when we took a walk to the supermarket during daylight. I'm not sure we would have strolled that far at night. For business or a stop-over I would highly recommend the Residence Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel before, but for some reasons I never had the chance to write a review about my experience in there. So this time, no wasting.

This was my second stay in this hotel. I remember how impressed I was about the quality of the hotel and the set up of/in the room, offering you a quiet and peaceful night sleep.

Flying in from oversea, I had some business to take care of down in South Beach, but I had decided to stay around to airport to avoid any parking issues.

The hotel is conveniently located near the airport, in a secure gated community where the parking is charged 15$ a day. The lobby looks new and charming with a nice set of decoration, but nothing really fancy. However, once you get into the room, you wonder why you have never come there before! The rooms are very spacious, with a kitchen (fridge, microwave, dishes, etc...), a small living, a small office space, a big king size bed with multiple pillows, a nice bathroom divided in two, closet, iron, etc...you name it! I was nicely surprised the first time I walked in to my room, I thought they made a mistake for the price I was paying...then when I stayed this time (2 days ago), I realized that it's just the way their rooms are: Spacious, comfortable, clean and give you a sense of non-waking-up!

The breakfast is included in the package, but I didn't get to take it as I was still enjoying the bed and didn't want to interrupt it for a breakfast that I ended up taking 0.2 miles away at IHop when I woke up! But for those who would want to take it, be aware that it stops at 10h00'.

And the noises that the other reviewers have mentioned regarding the planes taking off or landing, never heard! I guess I was deeply sleeping both times I stayed there...either that or I'm not a light sleeper...bottom line is I was able to quietly sleep and wake up when I needed to!

The only negative thing that I have noted about this hotel, and it happened on both my stays, is the staff! One staff in particular. In both occasions, I was warmly welcome and assisted by a smiling and friendly staff that expedited my check-in and wished me a good stay. Then when I came down later, I found another staff who was not as friendly as the previous one, and who, for some reasons, almost gave me an attitude (not sure why). So i thought it was just a coincidence, but this time again, the very same staff was not friendly at all. As I was checking out, she was on the phone, a call that seemed to be more personal than professional, and she couldn't care less that I was there trying to return the key and to let her know that I needed to keep one to allow me existing the gate...she finally interrupted for few second to listen to me telling her what I had to say, then I left! So if in 10 months, the very same staff didn't change her attitude, I don't think she's ever going to change.

Overall, a great value for the money. A wonderful hotel, with clean and spacious rooms, offering a good quality of sleep, and located in a very convenient area surrounded by restaurants. One staff at the front desk needs to be friendlier or change her attitude to prevent any negative point on the overall rate of the hotel.
Conclusion, despite that unfriendly staff, it's my number one choice hotel in MIA...not to mention how close it is from the airport!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Hotel is close to airport, shopping, restaurants and South Beach. This place is clean and has all the amenities you expect from a Marriott . The staff is super nice and extremely helpful. This hotel is also very close to Cooperstown Air-boats for seeing and experiencing the alligators with the family. ( This is always fun for the kids and not expensive ) The free breakfast is quite nice also, serves hot and cold which include pastries, eggs, sausages, bacon and hot and cold cereals to name a few. You won't be disappointed for a free meal. They have a complementary wine hour which is nice too. My family and I stayed for a long weekend and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Quito, Ecuador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Pro's: nice property and amenities as it is in a marriot complex with the marriot and the courtyard, so good gym, nice pool, great grassy area for kids, laundry facilities, free wifi, good breakfast, ok dinner available on week days, and free parking if u stay more than 6 nights

Con's: AWFULL HOUSEKEEPING, all they do is change out towels and make beds, no vacuum no mopping, no TUB WASHING and i was there 8 days!!!! They don't wash dishes, we even asked manager to clean our room as we brike a glass and i have small children and told her about housekeeping issues and nothing was remedied... Came back to glass on carpet!!!!! Hallways and other common areas poorly hosekept as well.

I only stayed here bc my regular hotel was sold out, good bc it included parking and breakfast and let me put 2 rollaways at no charge in room, bad bc for the same price i have stayed at much nicer hotels but they don't include the parking or breakfast or internet for free... Depends on what u prefer... I want cleanliness!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed here on our first night in Miami. We were jetlagged and decided to avoid paying more than double for a hotel in South Beach where we would just crash out.

Shuttle bus leaves at regular intervals from the airport. Check-in took a long time, but we were very pleased with our room. It was a suite - kitchen (with very good appliances), dining area and living area. The bedroom was separate and it had a good size bathroom.

Furnishings were modern, contemporary and everything was very clean. The bed was sooo comfortable, temperature in the room was just right, and we all slept extremely well.

Breakfast was included in the roon rate - basic, help yourself with plastic cutlery and paper plates but perfectly adequate and set us up for the day ahead.

You can use the facilities of the other Marriott hotels in the complex a short walk away - pool, nice restaurant, Starbucks etc..

All in all we had a good stay here. We moved to South Beach for the remainder of our holiday in Miami, but as a better value option for our first jetlagged night and for convenience to the airport, this hotel can't be beaten.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
awelc147, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thank you for your review!
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Miami Airport South before your holiday on South Beach, and were able to enjoy all the facilities located on our on Campus.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami, FL and Residence Inn Miami Airport South on your future holidays to Miami.

Hotel Management

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport? Share your experiences!